How often do clients thanks you? Really?
I have been in practice as a sole practitioner for 18 odd years-dealing with small businesses and I would say job satisfaction is poor in the feedback area. One does ones very best, but how often do clients thank you for a good job-or even dare I say, tip you!
A plumber who does a good job gets praise and a tip-same with many professions-but accountants? It seems we have an unenviable profession in that we deal with everything-making sense and structure from it-reduce taxes in everyway possible-present it all in a meaningful way and thanks –well not in the picture.
I think from most small business point of view our job is seen as a unnecessary cost which only produces bad news-what the tax bill will be. Or am I wrong?
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 44 2
- Family Partnership 237 6
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 147 4
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 80 2
- flat rate scheme 2,321 47
- Signed accounts for bank 635 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 827 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 287 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 167 5
- VAT Query on new build 98 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 137 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 145 4
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 90 1
- P11D Car Value 258 6
- NOVA declaration 103 1
- Business valuation advice 706 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,505 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,225 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 291 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,108 26