How to remove dormant parent company?
I have a client who created a dormant parent company last March (before they were a client) and continue all their trade in one subsidiary. They now want to simplify and we are still within the first year of the parent structure. They want to strike off the parent company just leaving the trading sub.
How do I go about this? Do I have sell the parent shares to the sub and does this create a potential capital gains situation?
Any advice much appreciated.
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 147 3
- 64-8 problems 53 2
- flat rate scheme 1,348 31
- Employer reference not recognised? 76 2
- Business trips - director and family 182 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 416 10
- Allocation of income from property 422 12
- Networking 641 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 771 10
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 97 1
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 185 3
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 1,029 22
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,690 49
- bookkeeping system 352 5
- Outstanding Loans 112 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 201 5
- Company van paid by director 214 2
- Private company division 204 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 259 2
- US share sale - income or capital 107 2