How to report non compliant company accounts?
I'm getting fed up of seeing non compliant accounts on Companies House website. This is particularly annoying on the odd occasion when a set of my accounts has been rejected for a trifling reason. Also follows the thread about being rejected when the "limited" or "ltd" is used wrongly.
I'm not talking about stupid irrelevant things.
Just seen a set of accounts that had no analysis of current assets on the balance sheet - which should have been split between stocks, bank and debtors, but just said "current assets". The notes refer to FRSSE but don't say which year (annoying because I've had rejections for saying the wrong year, but apparently ok to say no year!). Then, no comparative columns on the balance sheet nor on the notes page. How did it get past quality control?
Last week I saw a set of accounts where the balance sheet totals didn't balance. Again, what is the point of Co House quality control if they let through something so glaringly wrong.
A while ago, I saw a set of full accounts which should have included cash flow statement and relating notes, but they'd simply not been done - the words were there, but absolutely no numbers - clearly been left to be done at the end of the job and then promptly forgotten!
Is there a particular person or dept within Co House that we should be reporting these contraventions to?
- TaxCalc Accounts production 129 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 373 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 215 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 409 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 102 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,365 42
- How much of your work is admin? 629 5
- Nominal Ledger 392 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 586 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 191 2
- Old CGT loss 216 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 201 3
- Paper tax return 167 4
- Start up allowance? 387 12
- Will I need to resign? 223 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 254 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 470 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 649 9
- Late Registration for VAT 371 11