How to report non compliant company accounts?
I'm getting fed up of seeing non compliant accounts on Companies House website. This is particularly annoying on the odd occasion when a set of my accounts has been rejected for a trifling reason. Also follows the thread about being rejected when the "limited" or "ltd" is used wrongly.
I'm not talking about stupid irrelevant things.
Just seen a set of accounts that had no analysis of current assets on the balance sheet - which should have been split between stocks, bank and debtors, but just said "current assets". The notes refer to FRSSE but don't say which year (annoying because I've had rejections for saying the wrong year, but apparently ok to say no year!). Then, no comparative columns on the balance sheet nor on the notes page. How did it get past quality control?
Last week I saw a set of accounts where the balance sheet totals didn't balance. Again, what is the point of Co House quality control if they let through something so glaringly wrong.
A while ago, I saw a set of full accounts which should have included cash flow statement and relating notes, but they'd simply not been done - the words were there, but absolutely no numbers - clearly been left to be done at the end of the job and then promptly forgotten!
Is there a particular person or dept within Co House that we should be reporting these contraventions to?
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 347 17
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 60 4
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 556 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 71 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 268 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 122 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 529 11
- Flat rate vat error 329 7
- EC VAT 212 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 530 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 288 14
- can I claim a per diem 267 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 138 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,379 8
- VAT on part of a closed pub 248 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 109 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 298 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 538 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 866 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 168 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 839
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 508
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 319
- How to format a stock book 290
- Tax efficient holding company structure 229
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 229
- Investment property company accounts template 219
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 211
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 181