How to report non compliant company accounts?
I'm getting fed up of seeing non compliant accounts on Companies House website. This is particularly annoying on the odd occasion when a set of my accounts has been rejected for a trifling reason. Also follows the thread about being rejected when the "limited" or "ltd" is used wrongly.
I'm not talking about stupid irrelevant things.
Just seen a set of accounts that had no analysis of current assets on the balance sheet - which should have been split between stocks, bank and debtors, but just said "current assets". The notes refer to FRSSE but don't say which year (annoying because I've had rejections for saying the wrong year, but apparently ok to say no year!). Then, no comparative columns on the balance sheet nor on the notes page. How did it get past quality control?
Last week I saw a set of accounts where the balance sheet totals didn't balance. Again, what is the point of Co House quality control if they let through something so glaringly wrong.
A while ago, I saw a set of full accounts which should have included cash flow statement and relating notes, but they'd simply not been done - the words were there, but absolutely no numbers - clearly been left to be done at the end of the job and then promptly forgotten!
Is there a particular person or dept within Co House that we should be reporting these contraventions to?
- Audit partner? 195 5
- Can't read my handwriting 522 12
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,654 471
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 101 7
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 666 15
- Email hacker for hire ... 265 6
- corp tax software 913 12
- Is this fraud? 822 13
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 405 4
- Fees for Property Tax Return 439 10
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 288 6
- Does anyone use quotation software? 283 5
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 195 4
- Flat rate scheme 348 4
- PPR posers 253 6
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 918 9
- How good is OCRREX Auto Rec software? 424 9
- Naming new company 449 7
- Fee Protection Insurance 1,033 43
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 294 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,358
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 509
- National Insurance 399
- Non Resident 312
- Hands on experience of Digita 233
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 213
- Employer's Helpline 181
- CIS paid under reg 9 174
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 143
- Donaldson V HMRC 139