How to report non compliant company accounts?
I'm getting fed up of seeing non compliant accounts on Companies House website. This is particularly annoying on the odd occasion when a set of my accounts has been rejected for a trifling reason. Also follows the thread about being rejected when the "limited" or "ltd" is used wrongly.
I'm not talking about stupid irrelevant things.
Just seen a set of accounts that had no analysis of current assets on the balance sheet - which should have been split between stocks, bank and debtors, but just said "current assets". The notes refer to FRSSE but don't say which year (annoying because I've had rejections for saying the wrong year, but apparently ok to say no year!). Then, no comparative columns on the balance sheet nor on the notes page. How did it get past quality control?
Last week I saw a set of accounts where the balance sheet totals didn't balance. Again, what is the point of Co House quality control if they let through something so glaringly wrong.
A while ago, I saw a set of full accounts which should have included cash flow statement and relating notes, but they'd simply not been done - the words were there, but absolutely no numbers - clearly been left to be done at the end of the job and then promptly forgotten!
Is there a particular person or dept within Co House that we should be reporting these contraventions to?
- Recharge for private use of a company car 320 7
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,163 19
- CGT 313 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 296 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 94 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 245 5
- Compliance check 481 13
- sole trader accountant 740 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 387 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 594 21
- More AE! 468 11
- How to classify an asset 134 3
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 265 2
- when a charity makes a donation.... 170 4
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 111 2
- Statement of turnover template 180 4
- CGT 112 1
- Importers 209 3
- Micro Entity Accounts 166 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 246 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,066
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 453
- Digita Hosted Software 277
- Call Centre Data Costs 243
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 210
- Credit where credit's due....... 202
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 196
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 178
- Director phone costs 137