How to report non compliant company accounts?
I'm getting fed up of seeing non compliant accounts on Companies House website. This is particularly annoying on the odd occasion when a set of my accounts has been rejected for a trifling reason. Also follows the thread about being rejected when the "limited" or "ltd" is used wrongly.
I'm not talking about stupid irrelevant things.
Just seen a set of accounts that had no analysis of current assets on the balance sheet - which should have been split between stocks, bank and debtors, but just said "current assets". The notes refer to FRSSE but don't say which year (annoying because I've had rejections for saying the wrong year, but apparently ok to say no year!). Then, no comparative columns on the balance sheet nor on the notes page. How did it get past quality control?
Last week I saw a set of accounts where the balance sheet totals didn't balance. Again, what is the point of Co House quality control if they let through something so glaringly wrong.
A while ago, I saw a set of full accounts which should have included cash flow statement and relating notes, but they'd simply not been done - the words were there, but absolutely no numbers - clearly been left to be done at the end of the job and then promptly forgotten!
Is there a particular person or dept within Co House that we should be reporting these contraventions to?
- Land Registry 232 3
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 17 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 51 1
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 486 8
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 943 13
- Auto Enrolment 647 4
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 159 5
- Transferring rental property to limited company 371 12
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 791 19
- Company Number 10000000 316 4
- Advertising Tips? 261 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,504 29
- IR35 350 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 383 12
- Revenue phishing examples 194 1
- iris update 11.9.2 180 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 447 13
- 2015 tax year end 528 1
- Company Structure 288 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,351 25
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 730
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 431
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 371
- Costly Accounting Software contract 355
- Directors' advances and credits 282
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 249
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 209
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195