How to report non compliant company accounts?
I'm getting fed up of seeing non compliant accounts on Companies House website. This is particularly annoying on the odd occasion when a set of my accounts has been rejected for a trifling reason. Also follows the thread about being rejected when the "limited" or "ltd" is used wrongly.
I'm not talking about stupid irrelevant things.
Just seen a set of accounts that had no analysis of current assets on the balance sheet - which should have been split between stocks, bank and debtors, but just said "current assets". The notes refer to FRSSE but don't say which year (annoying because I've had rejections for saying the wrong year, but apparently ok to say no year!). Then, no comparative columns on the balance sheet nor on the notes page. How did it get past quality control?
Last week I saw a set of accounts where the balance sheet totals didn't balance. Again, what is the point of Co House quality control if they let through something so glaringly wrong.
A while ago, I saw a set of full accounts which should have included cash flow statement and relating notes, but they'd simply not been done - the words were there, but absolutely no numbers - clearly been left to be done at the end of the job and then promptly forgotten!
Is there a particular person or dept within Co House that we should be reporting these contraventions to?
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 85 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,097 7
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 462 17
- Bereavment payment 59 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 266 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 339 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,291 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 141 2
- Companies House incorporation service 341 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 71 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 145 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 191 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 197 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 258 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 139 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 148 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 127 2
- Trading income or not? 190 1
- Charge HMRC 419 3
- Xtuple 546
- Qtac payroll for bureau 375
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 316
- Industrial & Provident Societies 313
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 290
- CIS schemes 221
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Investment 185
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 184
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178