How to report non compliant company accounts?
I'm getting fed up of seeing non compliant accounts on Companies House website. This is particularly annoying on the odd occasion when a set of my accounts has been rejected for a trifling reason. Also follows the thread about being rejected when the "limited" or "ltd" is used wrongly.
I'm not talking about stupid irrelevant things.
Just seen a set of accounts that had no analysis of current assets on the balance sheet - which should have been split between stocks, bank and debtors, but just said "current assets". The notes refer to FRSSE but don't say which year (annoying because I've had rejections for saying the wrong year, but apparently ok to say no year!). Then, no comparative columns on the balance sheet nor on the notes page. How did it get past quality control?
Last week I saw a set of accounts where the balance sheet totals didn't balance. Again, what is the point of Co House quality control if they let through something so glaringly wrong.
A while ago, I saw a set of full accounts which should have included cash flow statement and relating notes, but they'd simply not been done - the words were there, but absolutely no numbers - clearly been left to be done at the end of the job and then promptly forgotten!
Is there a particular person or dept within Co House that we should be reporting these contraventions to?
- Fair Value Accounting 102 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,468 88
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 220 6
- Husband Wife let property 374 11
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 110 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 193 4
- Games Tax Relief 42 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 522 13
- Goodie bag 1,689 54
- CIS monthly returns 218 3
- can I approach clients ? 484 9
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 169 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 355 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 228 3
- FreeAgent question 139 2
- Output tax for retailer 326 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 301 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 150 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 150 1
- CT600 Advice 167 1
- Possible Partnership? 647
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 524
- New Fangled Penalties 451
- Fuming! 392
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 321
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 262
- Outsource Data Entry 245
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 239
- Moving away from CCH software 234
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 179