How to report non compliant company accounts?
I'm getting fed up of seeing non compliant accounts on Companies House website. This is particularly annoying on the odd occasion when a set of my accounts has been rejected for a trifling reason. Also follows the thread about being rejected when the "limited" or "ltd" is used wrongly.
I'm not talking about stupid irrelevant things.
Just seen a set of accounts that had no analysis of current assets on the balance sheet - which should have been split between stocks, bank and debtors, but just said "current assets". The notes refer to FRSSE but don't say which year (annoying because I've had rejections for saying the wrong year, but apparently ok to say no year!). Then, no comparative columns on the balance sheet nor on the notes page. How did it get past quality control?
Last week I saw a set of accounts where the balance sheet totals didn't balance. Again, what is the point of Co House quality control if they let through something so glaringly wrong.
A while ago, I saw a set of full accounts which should have included cash flow statement and relating notes, but they'd simply not been done - the words were there, but absolutely no numbers - clearly been left to be done at the end of the job and then promptly forgotten!
Is there a particular person or dept within Co House that we should be reporting these contraventions to?
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 58 3
- Claiming VAT on car lease 380 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 27 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 559 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 629 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 70 2
- Freelance/Employee 610 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 140 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 289 6
- Is it just me ... 185 5
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 115 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 257 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 86 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 321 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 122 1
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 209 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,467 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 106 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 349 14
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,171 27
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 739
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 403
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 351
- Electric Car 287
- S222 Charge 234
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 180
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 166
- AIA 162
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 154