How to set up an Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme (EMI)?
We are general practitioner accountants with reasonably good tax skills, but we are not full-time tax specialists.
We are meeting with a client to discuss incentive schemes for key employees, and will be looking specifically at setting up an Enterprise Management Incentives (EMI) scheme.
Is setting one of these up something that would be relatively straightforward for us to handle, or is it necessary to get a tax specialist with experience of EMI's to handle it?
Thanks for advice on this.
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 306 16
- Limited company buying a car 169 5
- Do I need to pay my accountant 121 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 466 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 564 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 208 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 291 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 125 2
- ACCA practice certificates 500 5
- Limited company buying director's car 299 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 85 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 118 1
- WC's and capital allowances 177 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 316 13
- Dress code 1,551 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 484 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 265 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 386 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 476 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 204 4
- CTA study material 771
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 400
- Employment related securities question 310
- AIM Stocks and IHT 282
- Expat pension contributions? 260
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 259
- Trust for Employee 239
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 187
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149