How to set up an Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme (EMI)?
We are general practitioner accountants with reasonably good tax skills, but we are not full-time tax specialists.
We are meeting with a client to discuss incentive schemes for key employees, and will be looking specifically at setting up an Enterprise Management Incentives (EMI) scheme.
Is setting one of these up something that would be relatively straightforward for us to handle, or is it necessary to get a tax specialist with experience of EMI's to handle it?
Thanks for advice on this.
- How to walk away without questions 2,675 17
- IHT Query 400 9
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 62 1
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 92 2
- Get it off your chest 206 4
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 246 7
- Directors bonus 120 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 77 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 264 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 195 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 137 3
- break even point 1,108 33
- The return 745 27
- Sell business after leaving country 322 6
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 88 2
- Charity accounting 70 2
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 1,003 44
- IHT on offshore settlement 150 2
- How best to declare a mistake on a tax return by previous agent 151 1
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 359 2
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 549
- Possible Partnership? 549
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 479
- New Fangled Penalties 347
- Clubs and Taxable Income 289
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 269
- Loans to other companies 214
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 207
- Outsource Data Entry 173
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 172