How to set up an Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme (EMI)?
We are general practitioner accountants with reasonably good tax skills, but we are not full-time tax specialists.
We are meeting with a client to discuss incentive schemes for key employees, and will be looking specifically at setting up an Enterprise Management Incentives (EMI) scheme.
Is setting one of these up something that would be relatively straightforward for us to handle, or is it necessary to get a tax specialist with experience of EMI's to handle it?
Thanks for advice on this.
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 754 13
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 461 15
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 226 6
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 133 3
- PAYE – Directors NI 190 6
- Next Move 280 12
- Ltd Co and 'grant' income 384 7
- when to file SA return if closed SA in the middle of the year 155 4
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 197 3
- Large PAYE tax refund to Employee 326 3
- Personal Tax Accounts. Are we all doomed. 692 10
- Accounts treatment of assets at cessation date 247 10
- Seeking advice: Vehicle usage 131 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,190 34
- Casual Driver 230 4
- Self Assessment Software 624 20
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 334 7
- How does HMRC give tax relief to Muslims for borrowing costs? 1,246 10
- Is there a problem when filing with HMRC today? 150 2
- It's not the end of the tax return 239 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 629
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 393
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 392
- Property letting & CAs 375
- 2015 tax year end 370
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 368
- FCA regulated company in a small group 334
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 229
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 222
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 216