How to set up an Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme (EMI)?
We are general practitioner accountants with reasonably good tax skills, but we are not full-time tax specialists.
We are meeting with a client to discuss incentive schemes for key employees, and will be looking specifically at setting up an Enterprise Management Incentives (EMI) scheme.
Is setting one of these up something that would be relatively straightforward for us to handle, or is it necessary to get a tax specialist with experience of EMI's to handle it?
Thanks for advice on this.
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 186 3
- Company Reorganisation 117 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 614 10
- Employee Loan 153 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 442 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 555 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 86 1
- Wear and tear allowance 433 6
- Accountants' Error 585 12
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 329 6
- Buying accountancy practice 616 10
- Paperless office 1,070 7
- Accountant Error 380 6
- Auto enrolment 134 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 406 5
- Shareholder agreement 103 2
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 276 3
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 252 12
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 275 2
- Unclaimed amortisation of goodwill 137 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,441
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 749
- Any views 683
- HMRC Employers Diary 517
- International interest certificate 419
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 380
- Sale of business 342
- NOVA 250
- Advertising services? 239
- IRIS Open Books problem 234