How to Set Up Umbrella Company
I work in IT and have no knowledge of doing taxes. I have been a contractor for sometime and always had to get an umbrella company to do my taxes. and they charge from £20 a week to a lot more......
with my case the wages was the same each week as the hourly rate, and the amount of hours worked never changed.....so it seems easy to me....so it got me thinking what do I need to know and learn to set up my own umbrella company....?
has anyone got any experience on how to set up an umbrella company and specially the tax and wage calculation side of it? I have heard some accountants sends their work to India....I am from India and can always hire an accountant to do some work for me in India....
I'd highly appreciate your help..... any info is welcome as so far I don't have any on setting up this business....
(the reason I want to set this up is that I have been made redundant many a times and want something on the side to make extra cash...I am willing to put lot of time into it ).....
- Company Accounts - Limited company 316 3
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,554 27
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 489 8
- Who can I refer leads to? 1,180 16
- Computers & Network Depreciation 120 3
- Capital Allowances and Hire Purchase 164 3
- Awkward IP 306 3
- Let Property Campaign 226 4
- DTL adjustement in P &L 165 4
- R & D 174 2
- Bookkeeping Package 532 7
- practice planning 515 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,177 29
- Expenses management strategy 996 12
- Employment status 396 8
- Benefits in kind: employees who benefit from client entertainment and alcohol consumed on-premises 216 3
- sub contractors payments in C tax return 169 1
- Time recording software 203 2
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 365 8
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,474 67
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 576
- CTA study material 560
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 335
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 255
- Employment related securities question 202
- CCJ and Shareholder/ Director ramifications 176
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 175
- ATED Penalties 173
- AIM Stocks and IHT 157
- Foreign Premium Distributions 131