How to Set Up Umbrella Company
I work in IT and have no knowledge of doing taxes. I have been a contractor for sometime and always had to get an umbrella company to do my taxes. and they charge from £20 a week to a lot more......
with my case the wages was the same each week as the hourly rate, and the amount of hours worked never changed.....so it seems easy to me....so it got me thinking what do I need to know and learn to set up my own umbrella company....?
has anyone got any experience on how to set up an umbrella company and specially the tax and wage calculation side of it? I have heard some accountants sends their work to India....I am from India and can always hire an accountant to do some work for me in India....
I'd highly appreciate your help..... any info is welcome as so far I don't have any on setting up this business....
(the reason I want to set this up is that I have been made redundant many a times and want something on the side to make extra cash...I am willing to put lot of time into it ).....
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,542 33
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 713 29
- capital gains on PPR 327 16
- Devolved HMRC? 55 1
- PAYE 248 5
- What accounting software is there for Irish Accounts? 205 2
- Working from home - time apportionment 177 1
- incorrect PAYE statements 244 3
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 126 1
- Cloud based payroll sofware? 493 8
- Does anyone use quotation software? 140 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,104 452
- What is the best, tax efficient way to sell 40% shares in your start-up business for approx £1m 430 5
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 340 10
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 438 10
- 100% Xero practice 2,569 48
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 390 5
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 578 10
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 349 12
- Direct Debit - no receipts 314 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,325
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 487
- National Insurance 376
- Non Resident 302
- Franchise income and costs 267
- Hands on experience of Digita 220
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 198
- Employer's Helpline 170
- employment capital allowances 167
- CIS paid under reg 9 162