How to Set Up Umbrella Company
I work in IT and have no knowledge of doing taxes. I have been a contractor for sometime and always had to get an umbrella company to do my taxes. and they charge from £20 a week to a lot more......
with my case the wages was the same each week as the hourly rate, and the amount of hours worked never changed.....so it seems easy to me....so it got me thinking what do I need to know and learn to set up my own umbrella company....?
has anyone got any experience on how to set up an umbrella company and specially the tax and wage calculation side of it? I have heard some accountants sends their work to India....I am from India and can always hire an accountant to do some work for me in India....
I'd highly appreciate your help..... any info is welcome as so far I don't have any on setting up this business....
(the reason I want to set this up is that I have been made redundant many a times and want something on the side to make extra cash...I am willing to put lot of time into it ).....
- Property income in different capacities 116 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 194 6
- Contract Hire of Vans for Limited Company 64 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 410 10
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 116 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,297 19
- Scanners 180 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 127 1
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 237 3
- Payment plans for clients 145 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 235 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 265 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 395 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 456 9
- P60 or payslips? 110 1
- IHT dilemma 1,388 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 196 1
- IT advisory questions? 187 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 800 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 162 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,166
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 799
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 494
- Digita Hosted Software 322
- Credit where credit's due....... 276
- Director phone costs 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 229
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 208
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 161
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 141