How to Set Up Umbrella Company
I work in IT and have no knowledge of doing taxes. I have been a contractor for sometime and always had to get an umbrella company to do my taxes. and they charge from £20 a week to a lot more......
with my case the wages was the same each week as the hourly rate, and the amount of hours worked never changed.....so it seems easy to me....so it got me thinking what do I need to know and learn to set up my own umbrella company....?
has anyone got any experience on how to set up an umbrella company and specially the tax and wage calculation side of it? I have heard some accountants sends their work to India....I am from India and can always hire an accountant to do some work for me in India....
I'd highly appreciate your help..... any info is welcome as so far I don't have any on setting up this business....
(the reason I want to set this up is that I have been made redundant many a times and want something on the side to make extra cash...I am willing to put lot of time into it ).....
- Setting up a practice 309 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 456 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 413 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 221 1
- Love is in the air 503 6
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 649 17
- Stamp Duty 291 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 234 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,786 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 545 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 228 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 258 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,023 46
- Client Paperwork Retention? 566 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 574 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 368 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 391 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 450 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 495 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 310 2
- DTA tie-breaker issue 300
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 286
- CGT for NOn UK residents 279
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 275
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 253
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 239
- Apprenticeship Levy 236
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 221
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 199