How to shorten your company period of account

Hi all,

When a company has been incorporated am I correct in saying that you shorten it's accounting period simply issuing a form AA01 to companies house as per the below link:

For corporation tax purposes the only issue would be if you were trying to increase the period of account, but since I am not I simply state the period ending on the CT600 and HMRC will update its records to show the new accounting period as per this link:

Is this right or have I drastically missed something out here??

Thank you in advanced.

There are 6 comments. Login or register to view them.

So long as you time apportion

accountant_87 |

Just the caveat

John McLane |
John McLane's picture

6 months long?

taxhound |
taxhound's picture

That was a common misconception ...

Old Greying Accountant |
Old Greying Accountant's picture

1st period can be shorter than 6 months

AS |


Old Greying Accountant |
Old Greying Accountant's picture