How to tax employees home telephone reimbursed ??
According to HMRC if an employee is reimbursed for their home telephone (contract between employee and phone company) the amount reimbursed must be added to the employee's other earnings and is subject to deduction of PAYE and NI using your usual payroll procedures.
If a limited company reimburses an employee (whom owns the company and is the only employee) 50% (treated as business use proportion) of their home telephone bill the company will look to record this payment as a 'telephone' expense.
If the 50% reimbursed is then added to the employees salary and included in the net wage calculation then the employee is effectively receiving reimbursement twice which clearly can't be correct.
So therefore should the reimbursement previously paid to the employee and treated as a 'telephone' expense by the company be deducted from the net wage payment to the employee with the net amount being grossed-up through the payroll ?? would then the gross amount be the value reported by the company as telephone expense ??
There doesn't appear to be any specific guidance from HMRC on the actual logic of this and I just can't seem to get my head around this one.
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings 374 7
- Late registration for MOSS 229 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 345 8
- Revaluation of Brands etc 259 5
- Self employed care worker 460 10
- Client right to working papers 270 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 527 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 315 4
- Professional Clearance 1,030 24
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 258 5
- Illegal share transfer 438 5
- Audacity 879 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 162 2
- Company Strike off 1,825 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,112 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 384 3
- Estate admin practicalities 218 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,495 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 321 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,781 31
- NHS finance professionals 530
- VAL231 407
- Mother and son property ownership 369
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 358
- Foreign Pension Contribution 331
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 304
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 284
- vat gross profit percentage margins 268
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 255
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 221