How to tax employees home telephone reimbursed ??
According to HMRC if an employee is reimbursed for their home telephone (contract between employee and phone company) the amount reimbursed must be added to the employee's other earnings and is subject to deduction of PAYE and NI using your usual payroll procedures.
If a limited company reimburses an employee (whom owns the company and is the only employee) 50% (treated as business use proportion) of their home telephone bill the company will look to record this payment as a 'telephone' expense.
If the 50% reimbursed is then added to the employees salary and included in the net wage calculation then the employee is effectively receiving reimbursement twice which clearly can't be correct.
So therefore should the reimbursement previously paid to the employee and treated as a 'telephone' expense by the company be deducted from the net wage payment to the employee with the net amount being grossed-up through the payroll ?? would then the gross amount be the value reported by the company as telephone expense ??
There doesn't appear to be any specific guidance from HMRC on the actual logic of this and I just can't seem to get my head around this one.
- What are options for non CA firm 1,598 24
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 58 1
- How to make restoration of corrupted excel 2007 file? 89 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,867 35
- Real names 1,117 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 506 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 127 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,371 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 666 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 233 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 96 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 131 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 288 5
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,977 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,955 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 87 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 119 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 165 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 117 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 89 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 580
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 454
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 353
- IFA incorporation 337
- Sorry ignore me 320
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 277
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 269
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 261
- Cancelled 203
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 174