How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 212 3
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 120 2
- are receipts needed? 522 14
- Gift of property & improvements 139 3
- General tax book with planning 192 3
- VAT Invoice 192 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 276 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 236 9
- Error in past Corporate tax return 374 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,262 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 307 11
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 817 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 139 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 251 3
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 170 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 476 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 399 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 265 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 216 6
- Accounting for a finance lease 179 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,621
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 902
- International interest certificate 513
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 302
- Management expenses for investment company 268
- Bonus Bonds 262
- tax on apprenticeship income 176
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 176
- P11D benefit received by widow 153