How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 107 4
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 131 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 315 6
- CGT history of shares 164 3
- CGT on sale of let property 90 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 147 2
- how do i get UTR 113 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 76 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 224 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 357 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 111 1
- Your comments please 294 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 175 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 108 2
- EIS 191 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 108 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 109 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 106 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 715 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 198 1
- Moving away from CCH software 964
- QROP pension input amounts 449
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 393
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 375
- fraud 298
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 273
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 242
- Construction CIS LLP Company 224
- EPS and CIS deductions 219
- Out of time or not? 202