How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 168 7
- Identify cost savings 196 6
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 425 7
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 100 2
- Capital gains tax and PPR 94 1
- Jobs after completing ACCA 123 2
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 585 11
- are these allowable deductions? 116 1
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,650 20
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 565 12
- Option To Tax - VAT on residential sales? 78 1
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 133 3
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 417 7
- Schedule A losses 151 1
- Member meet up 1 October in London 310 7
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 193 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 831 1
- Fees 790 8
- P11D & tax return 286 10
- Freelance/Employee 929 22
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 438
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 391
- Electric Car 333
- S222 Charge 269
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 241
- AIA 215
- IP trans to holding company 209
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 204
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 170
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 157