How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 154 1
- Were you asked to pay to sign off your ACCA PCTR by your Principle? 49 1
- 100% Xero practice 2,124 35
- Vat treatment of charity business income 117 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 877 18
- Company Accounts 139 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,207 343
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 190 6
- Donations (to a school!) 434 11
- Vat on Royalites 87 1
- Umbrella Company 146 2
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 441 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 85 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 169 5
- Mortgage deposit Gift 435 18
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 181 3
- property rental income split 258 3
- Shadow director or alternative? 469 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 146 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 108 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,189
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 410
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 311
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 261
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 239
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 224
- Franchise income and costs 205
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 170