How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- Best apps for clients 91 1
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,321 9
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 228 5
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 371 11
- Real names 869 29
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 175 1
- Theatre as charitable company 113 2
- Fixed Assets 143 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 276 2
- CGT on Sale of shop 146 2
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 159 1
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 363 12
- Dividend payment date 2,024 36
- PDF to QIF (or other)? 519 14
- Consolidating the P+L for an overseas subsidiary 103 4
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 238 7
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 359 1
- Capital Gains Tax 232 6
- Well well well 521 6
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 198 6
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 572
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 440
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 346
- IFA incorporation 327
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 309
- Sorry ignore me 272
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 263
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 251
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 249
- Cancelled 186