How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 265 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 540 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 485 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 103 3
- Time recording 159 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 257 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 147 2
- Land Registry 272 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 967 13
- Auto Enrolment 673 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 808 19
- Company Number 10000000 411 4
- Advertising Tips? 334 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,519 29
- IR35 369 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 428 12
- Revenue phishing examples 271 1
- iris update 11.9.2 238 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- 2015 tax year end 547 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 734
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 435
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 369
- Directors' advances and credits 286
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 235
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195