How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 466 15
- Am I getting Soft?? 52 6
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 77 1
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,280 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,249 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 985 29
- You know its over 402 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 524 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 257 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 206 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 196 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 314 3
- Cocaine anyone? 553 8
- Late Registration for VAT 506 13
- EIS/SEIS 168 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 291 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 440 5
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 746 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 581 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 606 4
- Hive up 498
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 466
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 283
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 230
- WWOOFers 225
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 212
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 209
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 188
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 185