How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,184 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 210 6
- Xerocon 2016 1,001 23
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 215 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 579 12
- Personal Tax 478 11
- USA Tax Query 148 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,656 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 939 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 265 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 594 18
- Corrupt Excel File 673 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 346 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,974 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 399 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 161 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 310 4
- last minute request 498 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,252 46