How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- CONVERSAION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 214 6
- Second Incomes Campaign 165 3
- VAT on finance leases 115 2
- Problem ex client...again.. 1,806 16
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 45 1
- Goods Purchased for Rental 670 34
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,043 31
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 252 8
- Professional Clearance 1,561 24
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 273 4
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 414 6
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 402 11
- Interflora florist 219 3
- Sole trader hid directorships. 101 1
- More HMRC on gov.uk 478 9
- Friendly Pensions 237 1
- Online Timesheet Facility 98 1
- Company Reorganisation 312 4
- CGT on second home? 263 4
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 224 8
- NOVA 495
- Bonus Bonds 384
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 365
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 280
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 246
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 169
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 156
- Finance Lease 150
- Company Car Lease 146
- Form 42 137