How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,213 25
- Dividend dates 419 7
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,221 31
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 172 5
- Not a good start no broadband 440 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 114 2
- is this fraud? 692 12
- Married woman dies owning marital home 433 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 694 14
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 188 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 61 1
- Intrastat triangulation 53 1
- CGT 144 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 184 4
- Question regarding gym training 368 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 156 3
- CIS Deductions 231 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,396 27
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 422 8
- Property initial recognition 163 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 582
- Cancelled 341
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 327
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 250
- Probiz 232
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 173
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 172
- Car leasing scheme 165
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 150