How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 109 1
- Instant CPD offer 277 4
- Cash basis 509 13
- Income from rent charged to business 115 2
- payroll software 361 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 434 5
- Statutory sick pay 300 4
- Dividend in specie 363 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 217 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 174 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 145 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 269 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 293 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 163 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 377 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,854 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 328 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 254 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 105 1
- Investor exit 197 3
- Skandia using wrong address 568
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 306
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 303
- Employee rewards 288
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 246
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 226
- Etax Australian 186
- LLP in Construction Industry 151
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 131
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 130