How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 100 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 37 2
- Client died family to pay redundancy 88 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 394 13
- Builder using cash labour 295 3
- Easy way to not pay tax 703 18
- Holding companies 34 1
- Accomodation charge for Publican 108 2
- VAT & Landlords 45 1
- VAT Registration 330 16
- Singaporean Tax Adviser 45 1
- Valuation of PET on death 207 6
- Auto enrolment 862 10
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 252 4
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 408 17
- Vat on second hand goods 169 2
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 132 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 635 17
- another ir35!!!! 851 3
- Entrepreneur's relief and LLPs 166 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,511
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 836
- International interest certificate 454
- NOVA 311
- Bonus Bonds 194
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 190
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 187
- Management expenses for investment company 184
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 172
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 164