How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 277 15
- Value pricing 558 19
- Fee's for P11D's 252 4
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 373 1
- Childcare Vouchers 159 3
- Quarterly PAYE 158 6
- Audit Report Query 174 5
- Coming in from the cold 183 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 68 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,287 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 63 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 126 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 65 1
- Thats Better 259 6
- reporting salary? 132 2
- apprentices 87 1
- Sage Payroll 253 10
- VAT 145 2
- Belated VAT Exception Application 223 7
- Enforcing A CCJ 255 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 763
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 519
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 389
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 213
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 212
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 195
- Director Loan account operation 194
- vat return 163
- Paye procedures for CVA 150