How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 26 2
- Self employment trap - pension 301 3
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 445 10
- Awkward IP 567 9
- Expenses allowable 70 2
- Company Pension Contributions 208 5
- ESC A19 101 2
- When does my Property business start 237 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,514 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 848 19
- Preparing a consolidated TB 214 5
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,215 20
- SE sales person paid in cash and goods 94 1
- Prepare for Chaos 319 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,630 69
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 736 19
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 469 6
- Fastest Software 571 8
- NETP paying VAT - how to pay? 82 1
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 590 15
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 590
- CTA study material 589
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 360
- Employment related securities question 218
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 193
- ATED Penalties 191
- AIM Stocks and IHT 173
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 128
- Expat pension contributions? 123
- Trust for Employee 123