How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- FreeAgent question 265 8
- Signed accounts for a lender 251 13
- Mortgage interest 36 1
- How many associated companies 63 1
- Corporation Tax Software 233 6
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 46 1
- Goodie bag 2,398 68
- Practising options 446 6
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 404 10
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 506 5
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 269 7
- Software recommendations? 376 5
- can I approach clients ? 668 10
- Latest scam e-mails 140 1
- BrightPay 942 27
- Budget 2015 predictions 602 14
- Regular Director bonus 194 3
- Have the new quarterly employer returns been finalised and where do you get them? 199 1
- accounting in estate agents 97 1
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 362 7
- Possible Partnership? 670
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 528
- New Fangled Penalties 460
- Fuming! 444
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 327
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 266
- Outsource Data Entry 247
- Moving away from CCH software 246
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 243
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 190