How to transfer funds between companies
I have a general question regarding the most efficient way to transfer funds between 2 ltd companies.
My situation is that I am the sole director at a small ltd company. I am looking to set up a new ‘buy to let’ company which will focus on purchasing properties and renting them out.
I want to use the capital in my current company to fund the new property company. Is it best to start a completely new and separate ltd company for the property business? Or would it be advantageous to have 1 of the companies as a ‘parent company’ of the other?
In effect, the current company makes approx 100k pre-tax profit. I want to transfer 50k into the property company. If I transfer the 50k before the end of the company tax year, will company 1 pay corporation tax on 100k or 50k?
Is there a way to make the 50k transfer come off the profit of company 1,thus reducing the corporation tax bill?
What would be the most efficient way to move the 50k into the new company?
Any ideas / suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 519 12
- Unable to access Co House website 31 1
- Late night meals self employed 204 1
- PPR ELECTION 151 5
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,268 15
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 529 10
- VAN Benefit in Kind - Tax Code 116 1
- Builing a gin palace but wants to rent out for a year first 437 3
- PAYE variance 164 1
- Partnership VAT reg - also applies to partner's INDIVIDUAL income? 190 4
- Mother and son property ownership 461 1
- Resigning as a director 290 8
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,767 22
- Paper partnership return 150 2
- Repayment of Share Capital 303 4
- Asignment of lease and premium paid 197 3
- Over VAT threshold but now ceased trading 329 2
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 231 2
- Entrepreneurs' Relief - we're too late, aren't we ? 635 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 509 6
- NHS finance professionals 557
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 371
- Foreign Pension Contribution 335
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 317
- vat gross profit percentage margins 297
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 297
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 273
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 243
- EBT Self Assessment Return 230
- Thinning income 211