How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 14 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 322 15
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 182 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,107 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 620 6
- Overseas workday relief 122 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 233 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 650 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 72 1
- MVL 248 4
- Disengagement Help! 1,469 22
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 109 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 724 11
- Change PAYE agent address 197 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 80 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 241 4
- AccountingWEB survey 366 4
- An IT question 370 8
- Maintenance company for buy to let 141 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,125 38