How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- VAT refund 66 1
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 179 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 153 1
- incorrect old p60 352 8
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 231 3
- Missing tax return 350 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,081 30
- Inflation and fees 1,387 24
- Sage Priority Support 176 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 208 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 830 24
- Micro-entity accounts 238 1
- Related party disclosure 214 3
- Company reconstruction 145 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 238 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 158 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 178 1
- Advice please! 423 2
- VAT on new builds 189 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 153 1