How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 800 21
- Scottish Independance 848 24
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 28 1
- Funding Circle experience 30 1
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 679 20
- Awkward IP 1,466 16
- New supplier 68 2
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 44 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 205 12
- Audit 357 9
- Buying a horse?? 278 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 203 4
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,107 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 967 11
- What's in a name ? 1,134 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 222 2
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 502 7
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 793 22
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,121 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 145 1
- CTA study material 791
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 488
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 439
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 271
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 211
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154