How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- The importance of Grammar 1,847 55
- 2 companies, one payroll 205 7
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 87 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 594 12
- Freelance/Employee 400 10
- Freehold management company 144 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 230 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 216 6
- System selection 233 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 119 1
- Director Liability 131 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 167 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 384 4
- exemptions from CIS 264 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 583 10
- Xero Pain Points 657 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 281 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 260 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,708 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 408 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 356
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 335
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 318
- Electric Car 267
- S222 Charge 231
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 230
- Company Structure 208
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 173
- IP trans to holding company 169