How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 312 10
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,090 25
- Claiming pension relief 24 1
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 176 4
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 86 3
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 245 8
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 31 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 285 2
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 74 3
- Tax on Bitcoin gains in hands of individual 150 3
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 201 7
- Write off of former director's loan 380 8
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 238 4
- VAT on part of a closed pub 213 13
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 261 4
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 181 3
- Dispensation pointless ? 324 5
- SME Direct Debit 693 11
- Accountant software 455 13
- Accounting jobs in the UK 185 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 771
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 492
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 305
- How to format a stock book 269
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 220
- Tax efficient holding company structure 210
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 202
- Investment property company accounts template 193
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 177
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 166