How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- Growing pains 349 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 226 14
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 539 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 38 1
- Consequential loss claim 103 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 182 5
- Vat threshold issues 59 1
- ATT Annual Return Problems 112 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 99 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 326 5
- private to company car? 169 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 945 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 577 10
- Buy to let allowable interest 132 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 213 1
- Partner with an IVA 162 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 580 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 413 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 301 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 230 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 455
- CTA study material 415
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 300
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 280
- Pre incorp expenses 271
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 240
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 232
- Slight twist on employment related securities 207
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 180
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 176