How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- Help 56 6
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 173 9
- Where has Portia gone? 5,004 109
- Overlap profit 287 7
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 40 1
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 311 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,054 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 103 1
- Payments on account 161 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 53 1
- What do your junior staff do? 513 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 633 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 400 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 530 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 123 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,927 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 335 3
- On the high seas 105 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 144 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 856 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 850
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 444
- Sanzar 338
- How do you do it 335
- Digital marketing focus group 310
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 292
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 206
- Fit for purpose 202
- new investor structure 196
- VAT Registration 180