How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 600 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 230 4
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 305 4
- Closing my business down 93 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 851 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 303 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 192 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 116 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,242 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,472 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 195 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 116 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 295 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 91 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,097 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 417 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 158 1
- FPS or EPS 176 2
- Continuity of Practice 226 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 148 2
- Moving away from CCH software 956
- QROP pension input amounts 442
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 385
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 359
- fraud 286
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 261
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 230
- Construction CIS LLP Company 215
- EPS and CIS deductions 202
- Out of time or not? 182