How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- CGT on Property 140 1
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 257 3
- Shareholder Loan write off 520 24
- Vat on sales invoice which includes expenses 124 3
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 723 19
- Share restructure 240 7
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 317 9
- Gross sales to purchases 197 2
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 183 3
- Capital allowances 134 2
- RTI Filing 1,353 21
- Loan to a participator 156 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,288 10
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 369 7
- Import VAT can be set off against output VAT liability or not 111 3
- £2000 Employment Allowance 166 1
- Staff entertaining or not? 358 4
- First RTI P45 213 3
- Shouldn't have filed accounts? 196 2
- Non resident director pay 130 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 712
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 482
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 316
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 305
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 252
- growth voucher supplier 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 191
- VAT on Gaming Machines 187
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 161
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 161