How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 176 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 111 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 164 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 102 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 193 2
- CIS Software 120 1
- Company assets 367 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 227 6
- MoneySoft 176 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 86 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 663 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 147 2
- Self assessment 155 1
- Claiming VAT 141 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,126 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 178 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 278 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 277 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 157 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 513 9
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 505
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 480
- Is there anything wrong with this? 281
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 267
- Uncommercial property business 246
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 205
- Registering online CWF1 186
- VAT - registration needed? 183
- Accrued income scheme 182
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 181