How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 557 16
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,601 28
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 399 8
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,355 15
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,625 19
- "Audit Report" 189 3
- Free invoicing software 241 3
- When are ltd companies "associated" for Vat and tax purposes? 136 2
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 216 4
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 114 1
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 767 19
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 214 4
- VAT on Hire Purchase 239 2
- Coding Notice 262 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 280 6
- New business - journal entries 439 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 247 3
- Payroll software 673 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 305 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 417 10
- Auto enrolment excuses 913
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 730
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 418
- Social investment tax relief 225
- Digita Hosted Software 224
- accounting for this transaction 216
- Call Centre Data Costs 210
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 191
- Incorporating Sole Trade and bringing in spouse 186
- Travel costs and contractors 180