How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 11 1
- capital gains on PPR 170 8
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,728 440
- 100% Xero practice 2,435 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 173 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 95 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 114 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 278 9
- PRR 347 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 380 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 300 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,251 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 341 6
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 425 20
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 358 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 293 8
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 238 3
- corp tax software 393 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 464 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 488 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,310
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 472
- National Insurance 368
- Non Resident 294
- Franchise income and costs 259
- Hands on experience of Digita 213
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 183
- Employer's Helpline 162
- employment capital allowances 157
- CIS paid under reg 9 151