How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,211 36
- Start up allowance? 161 7
- Business rates consultancy 189 3
- Surely not? 72 2
- AIA or IFA 295 3
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 112 4
- Old CGT loss 83 1
- Share structures 68 1
- Late Registration for VAT 289 10
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 263 4
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 557 8
- Are HMRC staff on early 480 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 165 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 202 4
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 194 9
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 851 13
- Reverse charge and EC sales list 105 2
- CGT and Expenses on Property Rental Business 76 1
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 209 6
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,354 19
- TheTax Donut 1,034
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 683
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 626
- Follower cases 491
- Limited company purchase of property 428
- Hive up 421
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 389
- corporate hierarchy 384
- LIVE chat, starting now 338
- Advice - 192