How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 331 4
- Charge for tax returns 628 11
- Real time 244 3
- Company Number 10000000 1,072 14
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 398 14
- Reimbursing director travel costs 191 1
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,868 42
- When to top-up pensions? 267 3
- Coming off flat rate VAT 220 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 209 6
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 754 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 826 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 505 10
- Withdrawal of a quote 539 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 276 3
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 268 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 642 15
- Support / ticketing software 349 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 369 3
- Imported goods and VAT 185 1
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 475
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 291
- DTA tie-breaker issue 282
- CGT for NOn UK residents 246
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 222
- Apprenticeship Levy 221
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 214
- Just checking re PSA 199
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 198
- Capital Gains personal representatives 198