How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- Charity accounting 143 5
- Accounting for Film Rights 47 2
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 577 1
- Limited Company expenses 78 4
- client issues 749 5
- Is an ex-gratia payment to a company taxable 91 4
- Why .... 269 5
- Freehold Property Depreciation 247 10
- UK taxation of income from property in Cyprus 73 1
- Leaving the Flat Rate Scheme 68 2
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 132 2
- Claiming VAT without invoice 70 2
- Sell business after leaving country 439 13
- Tiwan contractor 127 3
- Rental Income 76 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 155 2
- Auto enrolement and PAYE 115 1
- VAT - E-commerce site (middle man only) - like Not on the high street 60 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 601 10
- Lack of new PAYE Coding Notices issued 304 4
- Possible Partnership? 564
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 489
- New Fangled Penalties 366
- Clubs and Taxable Income 302
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 281
- Loans to other companies 226
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 218
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 189
- Outsource Data Entry 183
- Moving away from CCH software 159