How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 998 14
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 92 3
- Invoice dispute 531 5
- Should I move back home away from my office? 168 3
- Entrepreneurs Relief 652 31
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 224 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 395 9
- Property inheritance by overseas resident 79 1
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 78 1
- Relevance of UK Residency 60 1
- More AE! 586 12
- IHT dilemma 1,310 20
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 414 4
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 1,989 18
- SA -2012_13 return - worth changing? 206 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 155 1
- How to filter to show only rows with 'Total' in description? 202 4
- Micro Entity Accounts 314 3
- Aweb tracking ... 271 3
- PAYE 1,450 16
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,132
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 789
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 473
- Digita Hosted Software 312
- Credit where credit's due....... 252
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 217
- Director phone costs 206
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 179
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 154
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 142