How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 53 3
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 133 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 135 1
- Instant CPD offer 291 4
- Cash basis 522 13
- Income from rent charged to business 143 2
- payroll software 376 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 447 5
- Statutory sick pay 313 4
- Dividend in specie 372 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 223 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 180 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 148 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 277 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 297 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 178 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 396 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,862 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 339 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 266 2
- Skandia using wrong address 581
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 310
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 310
- Employee rewards 291
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 261
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 231
- Etax Australian 191
- LLP in Construction Industry 157
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 134
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 134