How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 845 18
- NALS Accountants Report 94 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,464 35
- Legal title not in the company name 263 10
- Dividend dates 557 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 117 3
- Sole properietor 164 4
- transitioning payroll 231 8
- dividend proposals 99 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 227 2
- Deduction from Salary 291 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 187 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,723 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 87 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 435 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 157 2
- 12 Pay Problems 249 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 252 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 88 1
- Redudancy 93 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 622
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 310
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 283
- Probiz 271
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 230
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 230
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 175