How to treat Goods in Transit at month end
i have two items in transit at month end and i have included them in my stock valuation at month end. As these items are abnormally high value they are making my stock figure look abnormally high.
I have posted the invoice from the vendor in the month that i am closing but invoiced the customer in the next month.
Do i make an accrual in the month i am closing for the sales invoice so that the purchase and sales are both in the correct month, but what is confusing is that the goods are still going to be shown as in transit.
Can anyone help me with this .
Thank you in advance !
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 141 4
- Accountants' Error 693 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 144 3
- Scoot 183 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 152 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 199 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 661 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,453 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 109 1
- Regaining my qualification 200 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 232 2
- Auto enrolment 192 3
- Shareholder agreement 172 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 195 3
- Company Reorganisation 164 3
- Employee Loan 207 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 465 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 595 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 150 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,450
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 764
- Any views 697
- HMRC Employers Diary 523
- International interest certificate 424
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 389
- Sale of business 355
- NOVA 259
- Advertising services? 254
- IRIS Open Books problem 248