How will HMRC assess / administer cutting child benefit for higher rate tax payers?
I know the plan is to cut it for higher rate tax payers but does anyone know how this will be done?
e.g. will it be based on previous year's earnings or a declaration in the current year? Will it be done through self assessment or some other mechanism?
Any links welcome.
Many thanks in advance!
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,720 397
- Letting relief 54 2
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 406 22
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 17 1
- Benefits in Kind 90 4
- Time limit 158 3
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 623 11
- What is the role of an accountant? 685 18
- Is it possible to set a company year end to be the last day of February every year, regardless of whether it is a leap year or not? 138 5
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 372 9
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 232 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 305 5
- What should I do for 'free' 808 9
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 144 3
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 157 4
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 450 14
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 512 12
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 131 2
- EOQ Formula 76 1
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,362 26
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,231
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 437
- National Insurance 337
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 331
- Non Resident 259
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 256
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 255
- Franchise income and costs 222
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 163
- Hands on experience of Digita 159