How will HMRC assess / administer cutting child benefit for higher rate tax payers?
I know the plan is to cut it for higher rate tax payers but does anyone know how this will be done?
e.g. will it be based on previous year's earnings or a declaration in the current year? Will it be done through self assessment or some other mechanism?
Any links welcome.
Many thanks in advance!
- Please tell me what to do!! 46 2
- When & How much of Income to recognise 83 2
- Cash basis 88 4
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 199 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 317 14
- Cash basis 732 27
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,950 31
- 5th April 44 1
- Undeclared rental income 2,537 23
- Company buy back of shares from directors 79 2
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 518 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 323 9
- Rental income 114 2
- s455 Directors loan 173 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 68 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,181 8
- Non resident capital gains 86 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 417 12
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 342 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 536 6
- Skandia using wrong address 603
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 325
- Employee rewards 302
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 271
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 237
- Etax Australian 199
- LLP in Construction Industry 162
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 149
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 138
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 132