How will HMRC assess / administer cutting child benefit for higher rate tax payers?
I know the plan is to cut it for higher rate tax payers but does anyone know how this will be done?
e.g. will it be based on previous year's earnings or a declaration in the current year? Will it be done through self assessment or some other mechanism?
Any links welcome.
Many thanks in advance!
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 105 2
- Capital Gain? 509 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 200 5
- Sell business after leaving country 113 2
- How much to charge? 227 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 157 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 638 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 239 2
- break even point 593 18
- Simple consolidation question 106 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 388 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 998 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 404 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 205 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 277 5
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 113 1
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 168 4
- IHT Query 238 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 447 2
- BrightPay 695 22
- Possible Partnership? 464
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 441
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 429
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 232
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 227
- Clubs and Taxable Income 217
- New Fangled Penalties 216
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 212
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 184
- Loans to other companies 167