How will HMRC assess / administer cutting child benefit for higher rate tax payers?
I know the plan is to cut it for higher rate tax payers but does anyone know how this will be done?
e.g. will it be based on previous year's earnings or a declaration in the current year? Will it be done through self assessment or some other mechanism?
Any links welcome.
Many thanks in advance!
- Maternity Pay 90 2
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 36 2
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 543 14
- Top slicing relief question no 2 104 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 609 10
- Share swap 232 5
- Recording VAT refund and payment on Sage 50 27 1
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,700 27
- Director's minimum wage? 203 4
- Advertising services? 295 1
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 307 4
- Was I rude 454 14
- Surcharges on very late VAT 117 1
- Invoice factoring 248 8
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 353 9
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 205 2
- Entrepreneurs relief/ Company Secretary 137 2
- Work in progress calculation 128 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 948 29
- Help with share restructuring 103 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,471
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 797
- Any views 722
- International interest certificate 435
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 407
- Sale of business 376
- NOVA 276
- IRIS Open Books problem 272
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 184
- Expenses claim for non employee 177