How will HMRC assess / administer cutting child benefit for higher rate tax payers?
I know the plan is to cut it for higher rate tax payers but does anyone know how this will be done?
e.g. will it be based on previous year's earnings or a declaration in the current year? Will it be done through self assessment or some other mechanism?
Any links welcome.
Many thanks in advance!
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 109 10
- EIS/SEIS 113 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 242 1
- You know its over 100 2
- Cocaine anyone? 384 7
- TaxCalc Accounts production 380 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 378 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 627 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 502 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 520 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 49 1
- Personal pension 382 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 210 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,190 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 880 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 102 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,500 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 303 4
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 274 1
- Tax return software for remote working 504 4
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 442
- corporate hierarchy 421
- Advice - 258
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 215
- WWOOFers 208
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 197
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 186
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 168
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 164