How will HMRC assess / administer cutting child benefit for higher rate tax payers?
I know the plan is to cut it for higher rate tax payers but does anyone know how this will be done?
e.g. will it be based on previous year's earnings or a declaration in the current year? Will it be done through self assessment or some other mechanism?
Any links welcome.
Many thanks in advance!
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 200 9
- Excel query 58 2
- Funding Circle experience 106 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,230 13
- Payment on account penalties 77 3
- Tax on free shares 113 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 183 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 113 1
- Audit 468 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 385 8
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 110 3
- Buying a horse?? 397 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 184 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 753 21
- PITA ex-client 238 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 246 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 357 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 323 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,667 19
- New supplier 159 3
- CTA study material 801
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 491
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 453
- Employment related securities question 318
- AIM Stocks and IHT 304
- Expat pension contributions? 277
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 275
- Trust for Employee 253
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 222
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 158