How will HMRC assess / administer cutting child benefit for higher rate tax payers?
I know the plan is to cut it for higher rate tax payers but does anyone know how this will be done?
e.g. will it be based on previous year's earnings or a declaration in the current year? Will it be done through self assessment or some other mechanism?
Any links welcome.
Many thanks in advance!
- Accountancy Career 346 5
- Accounts Software 182 6
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,372 22
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,706 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 114 1
- HMRC Agents Line 226 4
- calculation DTR restriction 98 1
- Company Director In Prison 470 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 96 1
- AWeb - download file 192 3
- Charity work 253 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 276 6
- Director Drawings 211 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 282 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 242 7
- Collection or business assets 118 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 283 8
- Tax position re this lease? 374 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 736 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 110 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 686
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 528
- Cancelled 430
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 363
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 204