How will HMRC assess / administer cutting child benefit for higher rate tax payers?

I know the plan is to cut it for higher rate tax payers but does anyone know how this will be done?

e.g. will it be based on previous year's earnings or a declaration in the current year? Will it be done through self assessment or some other mechanism?

Any links welcome.


Many thanks in advance!

There are 10 comments. Login or register to view them.

I suspect easily

ksagroup |
ksagroup's picture

Cutting Child Benefit

Andywho is fed up |


neiltonks |

Good point it is really a dogs dinner

ksagroup |
ksagroup's picture

Reminds me of "Family Allowance"

DMGbus |
DMGbus's picture

Not so much a dog's dinner

Euan MacLennan |
Euan MacLennan's picture

Those were the days

Marion Hayes |
Marion Hayes's picture

Thanks all for comments - yes

Carl London |

child benefit

M Shapland |

What about the impact of the

M Shapland |