How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 383 7
- Freight Forwarders - VAT 108 4
- Non sequitur 353 4
- Help needed.... 53 1
- Glass-half-full member of the year? 244 9
- SATR won't match P14 - what would you do? 38 1
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 324 6
- HMRC website error 165 1
- Fixed asset registers 157 7
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 664 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 170 3
- Entrepeneurs Relief 94 1
- Opening balance and suspense account on sage line 50 36 1
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 300 10
- What is wrong with HMRC? 345 3
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 264 8
- Boffin of the Year 468 15
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 224 6
- equipment rental 128 5
- Self Assessment requirements for lady from Canada 120 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,322
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 427
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 344
- Alphabet shares 224
- Agent fees to sell business 221
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 213
- Office recharges 175
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 159
- Charge out rates in London 148
- which entity 144