How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 270 11
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 648 21
- VAT on cashback card handling fee 139 1
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 555 10
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 635 4
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,249 45
- practice planning 175 3
- Accounts Software 721 19
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 502 14
- Dividend Vouchers 387 5
- Gift to employee 420 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 173 3
- MS Surface Pro 3 171 2
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,126 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 193 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 164 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,680 10
- Which address 1,089 12
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,543 17
- R&D tax claim 272 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 491
- CTA study material 470
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 341
- Pre incorp expenses 328
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 278
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 267
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 216
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 171
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 145
- Employment related securities question 130