How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- sage 44 2
- Small house in garden 114 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 64 2
- Clients 904 18
- Companies House 102 2
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,022 12
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 266 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 122 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 244 4
- Double entry 114 3
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 299 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 123 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 514 11
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 150 3
- SAGE winforecast 244 1
- Trust 111 1
- VAT NETP and Tax Agents/Representatives joimnt and several liability 76 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 89 1
- Disclosure on Cessation Accounts 190 1
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 143 3
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 531
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 465
- EPS and CIS deductions 325
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 309
- Construction CIS LLP Company 298
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 294
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 259
- Overdrawn director account 216
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 203
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 197