How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,969 45
- Love is in the air 197 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,663 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 239 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 365 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 393 5
- Client Paperwork Retention? 492 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 146 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 516 1
- Paying Son 638 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 341 7
- HMRC accounting 277 3
- Employers NI allowance 452 6
- Dividend taxation 276 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 186 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 183 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 168 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 450 4
- iris update 11.9.2 453 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 281 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 275
- CGT for NOn UK residents 273
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 262
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 245
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 233
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 208
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 187