How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- CIS Deductions 261 7
- sole trader to ltd company 92 2
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 128 3
- Rogue Accountant 1,078 33
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,111 35
- Spousal transfer and PPR 305 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 235 7
- Dual taxation - usa 186 2
- My house has fallen down 461 13
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 103 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 284 10
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 255 7
- Inheritance Tax Advice 103 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 112 1
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 558 8
- Getting fees, getting harder? 946 22
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 288 4
- What are the tax implications of bringing funds into the UK from abroad? 207 2
- Property sale split between years 160 5
- VAT charge on e-service supply 98 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 640
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 324
- RTI - duplicate employee record 323
- Using the correct forms 299
- SA penalty proposals 296
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 187