How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 413 6
- Why should I retain membership? 1,250 22
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 1,404 8
- Accounts software for trusts 81 2
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,465 24
- Question for Dropbox users 419 14
- Do you send out reminders to clients re due dates? 376 14
- Employment Allowance 269 5
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 104 6
- xerocon 264 9
- Corporation Tax - aborted purchase cost 214 4
- PAYE 357 11
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 305 6
- Is overpayment subject to VAT 959 16
- Payroll software 534 12
- Share Valuation 139 3
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 252 8
- Lease vehicles / Car BiK? 97 1
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 297 7
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 166 3
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 667
- Auto enrolment excuses 556
- Removed post 383
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 355
- Social investment tax relief 170
- Call Centre Data Costs 167
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 166
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 164
- Digita Hosted Software 157
- option to tax 136