How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Xerocon 2016 1,024 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,193 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 244 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 270 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 606 12
- Personal Tax 509 11
- USA Tax Query 184 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,663 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 946 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 306 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 604 18
- Corrupt Excel File 675 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 355 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,982 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 419 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 184 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 352 4
- last minute request 528 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,256 46