How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 38 1
- ICAS GPPM 74 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 107 2
- Payroll 235 7
- Buying fees 679 5
- IHT Query 439 11
- Audit and paypal balances 175 7
- Missing C79 153 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 488 16
- VAT margin scheme 269 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 301 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,728 17
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 126 2
- Get it off your chest 252 4
- Directors bonus 154 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 107 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 283 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 263 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 179 3
- break even point 1,120 33
- Possible Partnership? 556
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 553
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 481
- New Fangled Penalties 354
- Clubs and Taxable Income 293
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 277
- Loans to other companies 220
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 212
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 179
- Outsource Data Entry 179