How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Fee protection 609 12
- Rights of Alphabet shares 239 8
- overdrawn directors loan 61 3
- Excel formula 478 10
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 802 34
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 108 2
- Disposal of an opted property 56 1
- Forfeited despoit for property - allowable loss? 91 2
- New charity 93 1
- Self assesment losses 96 2
- Repairs or Improvement? 191 4
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 152 3
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 353 1
- Partnership UTRs 116 4
- Transfer of shares 473 17
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 103 2
- View on Absolute Accounts Integrated vs PTP vs IRIS 87 2
- Home as office costs - new rules wef April 2013 189 1
- Where to advertise for staff 119 3
- Purchase of ltd company 159 4
- Xtuple 557
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 328
- Industrial & Provident Societies 318
- CIS schemes 236
- Domain name sale and limited company 213
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 194
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 194
- Investment 194
- Tax on damages received 155