How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Do HMRC give false information 260 2
- Date of leaving on P.45 85 5
- Schedule A losses 229 4
- VAT recovery 61 2
- Concurrent users 567 8
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 309 4
- online accounts and timesheets 176 5
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,791 23
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 576 8
- Jobs after completing ACCA 251 3
- The Pensions Regulator 129 1
- Losses carry forward to self employed 580 10
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 791 15
- Member meet up 1 October in London 430 10
- are these allowable deductions? 250 2
- Capital gains tax and PPR 162 2
- Badges of trade 144 1
- P11D & tax return 342 11
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 274 7
- Identify cost savings 267 6
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 441
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 397
- Electric Car 338
- S222 Charge 274
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 245
- AIA 221
- IP trans to holding company 212
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 212
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 173
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 173