How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 230 7
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 291 7
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 243 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 231 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 94 1
- General tax book with planning 224 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 152 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 191 1
- are receipts needed? 531 14
- Gift of property & improvements 149 3
- VAT Invoice 205 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 280 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 377 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,275 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 311 11
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 821 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 140 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 264 3
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 178 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 478 10
- Skandia using wrong address 1,622
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 903
- International interest certificate 514
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 309
- Management expenses for investment company 269
- Bonus Bonds 263
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 177
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 155
- P11D benefit received by widow 153