How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Buying blocks of fees 305 2
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 573 10
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 251 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 143 2
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 111 1
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 239 1
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 67 1
- Wear and tear allowance 281 4
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 610 24
- Husband and Wife Holiday letting profit split 88 3
- tax insider 358 5
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 503 19
- Tax on sale of shares 70 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 214 2
- late payroll registration 81 1
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 471 18
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 52 2
- Profit and Loss Account Adjustments 193 7
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 252 4
- Breaking Up A Property Company 268 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,418
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 729
- Any views 664
- HMRC Employers Diary 496
- International interest certificate 412
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 370
- Sale of business 322
- NOVA 230
- Advertising services? 221
- IRIS Open Books problem 212