How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Voluntary Disclosure 266 4
- valuation of vehicles 437 18
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 324 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 423 4
- BTC is slow 272 3
- Director registration for SA question 491 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 222 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 393 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 504 22
- Business only use of company car 709 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 515 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 337 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 975 29
- New Company reviews please 567 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 328 4
- VAT with Russia 253 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 237 4
- Money Laundering Manual 309 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 258 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,131 29
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 307
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 251
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 245
- Any thoughts on Capium? 240
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 222
- auto enrolment 194
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 178
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 160
- How to account for investment in JV? 159
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 149