How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 264 6
- flat rate scheme 2,438 51
- Importing transactions from VT Cashbook to VT Transaction+ 57 1
- Family Partnership 350 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,267 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 92 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 204 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 332 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 116 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 349 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 226 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 208 6
- Business trips - director and family 441 3
- Signed accounts for bank 696 15
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 340 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 245 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 130 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 888 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 241 5
- VAT Query on new build 150 1
- Sainsbury's mangement 1,045
- Calling franchise accountants 893
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 589
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 515
- Scammers 509
- MERGER ACCA MEMBER WITH ICAEW FIRM 458
- Potential new client 457
- HMRC online filing 409
- fraud 277
- Anyone offering Probate Services yet? 200