How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- client threatening legal action 1,793 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 665 8
- Partially exempt? 234 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 82 1
- First VAT Visit for client 214 4
- Dividend in specie 223 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 158 8
- Lorry Drivers 131 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 77 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 84 1
- Mexican student in UK 113 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 193 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 291 12
- payroll software 112 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,048 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 97 1
- Pricing 329 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 245 5
- VAT 115 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 849 18
- Skandia using wrong address 483
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 272
- Employee rewards 257
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 222
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 209
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 158