How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Anybody still doing returns? 641 27
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 58 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 145 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 37 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 333 16
- Designated sole Residence 117 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 699 15
- Anyone know what this is? 185 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 872 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 474 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 251 9
- no utr 266 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,105 49
- Director drawings 598 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 283 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 81 1
- Capital Loss 115 3
- LLP formed in 2013 96 1
- Clothing 483 11
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 181 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 950
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 666
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 620
- Latest phishing scam 596
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 434
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 323
- Scratch Head 260
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 246
- Sabbatical payments 213
- Negligible Value Claim 194