How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 283 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 196 4
- State pension 268 3
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 213 6
- 27,000 Really? 965 28
- Accountancy Career 66 1
- CIC Company 648 13
- pension paid by company? 50 1
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,804 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,246 66
- Deduction from Salary 629 15
- inheritance tax 368 11
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 419 5
- Group Audit Thresholds 350 10
- One off meeting new client 1,677 16
- Legal title not in the company name 753 22
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 285 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 531 4
- NALS Accountants Report 350 5
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,235 44
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 392
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 306
- Probiz 300
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 277
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 256
- How not to compose an email 225
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221