How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- Amortisation of Goodwill 233 1
- You know its over 70 2
- Cocaine anyone? 366 7
- TaxCalc Accounts production 371 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 368 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 611 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 494 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 512 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 32 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 87 7
- Personal pension 379 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 204 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,185 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 876 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 89 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,498 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 302 4
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 274 1
- Tax return software for remote working 503 4
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 469 9
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 442
- corporate hierarchy 420
- Advice - 257
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 215
- WWOOFers 208
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 197
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 186
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 161
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 161