How will RTI react to 6 month new employer numbers?
I am just off the phone to HMRC PAYE. In June I applied online to register a new employer with 6 staff. That disappeared into the ether, in October I repeated this process as I forgot to note the record number in June.
Today HMRC have just confirmed they'll POST out the references which they claim they posted out in October. So that will be January when we get around to it.
I asked the person on the line to point out to senior management that there is no Earthly reason why an online application for references cannot be replied to the exact same e-mail account they notified about the initial record application. I expect Hell to freeze over before HMRC wake up to this.
Meanwhile they'll carry on with the same ploddy systems into 2013-14. One of these happens each year in my client base, 3 to 6 months to get employer references. Multiply that across the country and I reckon that's at least 100,000 staff where no RTI submissions are going to be hitting the system for 3 months or more whilst employer references get lost in the system.
- help needed with rti paye please 85 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 814 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 384 11
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,575 503
- Can't read my handwriting 782 19
- Undeclared rental income 376 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 306 7
- Sick pay 226 6
- Directors self assessment 130 2
- Employer's Helpline 209 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 102 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 186 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,752 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,085 8
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 953 27
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 130 2
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 306 10
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 251 6
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 445 20
- cross border vat 153 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,410
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 539
- National Insurance 438
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 258
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 246
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 164
- Umbrella pay services 143
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 122
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 121