How to Write off incorrect opening debtor balance
Our company moved from paper records to computer records for our accounting a couple of years ago in 2011.
We have found out that our opening trade debtor balance was overstated by 2k but have no idea what this relates to as a past accountant was doing the books.
We therefore want to write this 2k off in this financial year. Would the correct entry be to credit trade debtors and debit bad debts?
Thanks a lot for any advice.
- Old CGT loss 177 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 89 3
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 505 18
- Paper tax return 115 4
- Start up allowance? 352 12
- Will I need to resign? 113 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,339 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 232 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 166 1
- AIA or IFA 440 7
- Surely not? 433 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 629 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 361 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 353 7
- Late Registration for VAT 350 11
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 263 5
- Nominal Ledger 357 10
- Share structures 145 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,155 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 349 5