How to Write off incorrect opening debtor balance
Our company moved from paper records to computer records for our accounting a couple of years ago in 2011.
We have found out that our opening trade debtor balance was overstated by 2k but have no idea what this relates to as a past accountant was doing the books.
We therefore want to write this 2k off in this financial year. Would the correct entry be to credit trade debtors and debit bad debts?
Thanks a lot for any advice.
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 33 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 181 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 194 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 325 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 82 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 300 7
- Family Partnership 295 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 202 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 204 6
- Business trips - director and family 427 3
- Signed accounts for bank 673 15
- flat rate scheme 2,391 50
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 333 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 209 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 108 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 871 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 220 5
- VAT Query on new build 132 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 129 1
- P11D Car Value 278 6