Husband wants to go 50:50 with wife on company ownership
One of my clients who has 100% ownership of his limited company, wants his wife to have 50% ownership of the company.
The company has been trading for three months and has not made profits at this stage.
The husband currently owns 100 Ord Shares in his company:
- Would it better to issue 100 ord shares to wife or transfer 50 of his shares to his wife?
- They would be no tax implications since the company has not been a profit? Does HMRC needs to be informed? If so, what is the process?
- Unpaid share capital 146 2
- 64-8 problems 191 3
- Allocation of income from property 481 13
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 260 7
- Bad debt receipt for dissolved company 90 1
- flat rate scheme 1,639 36
- Private company division 238 3
- VAT Refunds 100 2
- Company van paid by director 272 3
- Hello 272 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,787 51
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 190 4
- Employer reference not recognised? 169 2
- Business trips - director and family 289 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 446 10
- Networking 750 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 805 10
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 159 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 1,135 22
- bookkeeping system 397 5