H&W - vans and cars, his and hers!!!
Wife is [sole trader] employer with two shops.
Husband works as employee [admin, etc]. Husband works from home office [no room at either shop for office].
Husband has a co car and a co van [pays BIK on car, no personal use on van so no BIK].
Husband uses van for travel to both work shops – still no BIK as it’s not classed as personal.
Wife has a car….claims business use on a % of total costs basis. [Home to work NOT claimed as business].
Q1 - Husband gives wife a lift to work in van….what now???
Q2 – Can husband use wife’s car for business mileage [starting from home], thereby increasing the business use %, or would he have to go to a shop to pick up the car, or disallow the first 4 miles [distance to largest shop] of any journey??
- rates of pay query 171 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 103 7
- Year end 330 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 181 3
- Comments on this scenario 54 1
- Related Parties Note 406 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 67 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 114 4
- Have i messed up? 591 9
- loss on carbon credits 95 2
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 551 9
- SAGE con 172 3
- Dazed & confused 154 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 230 2
- Overpayment relief claim 121 4
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 225 9
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,533 63
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 509 28
- Charity reserves 116 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,525 16
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,002
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 543
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 359
- Tax efficient holding company structure 286
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 271
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 209
- Charge out rates in London? 206
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 180
- Personal consumption by landlord 178
- Interest on Loan to a Company 172