H&W - vans and cars, his and hers!!!
Wife is [sole trader] employer with two shops.
Husband works as employee [admin, etc]. Husband works from home office [no room at either shop for office].
Husband has a co car and a co van [pays BIK on car, no personal use on van so no BIK].
Husband uses van for travel to both work shops – still no BIK as it’s not classed as personal.
Wife has a car….claims business use on a % of total costs basis. [Home to work NOT claimed as business].
Q1 - Husband gives wife a lift to work in van….what now???
Q2 – Can husband use wife’s car for business mileage [starting from home], thereby increasing the business use %, or would he have to go to a shop to pick up the car, or disallow the first 4 miles [distance to largest shop] of any journey??
- Where can I report and accountant for defraud 178 5
- Where has Portia gone? 3,540 93
- RTI Payroll ID 721 20
- Overlap profit 71 1
- Sole trader paying Class 1 NIC 82 1
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 251 7
- Stock of photos to capatilise 295 14
- Spousal transfer and PPR 778 34
- Rogue Accountant 3,572 57
- Assigning loan from Company to adult children 91 2
- Practice management software 1,106 21
- micro entity balance sheet query 141 4
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 338 19
- Inheritance Tax - Gifts UK 156 1
- VAT on a private sale? 180 5
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 248 3
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,239 24
- Payroll software 199 7
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 88 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 606 19
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 819
- Pensions Regulator 462
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 425
- Sanzar 325
- How do you do it 315
- Digital marketing focus group 307
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 279
- new investor structure 187
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 186
- Fit for purpose 181