H&W - vans and cars, his and hers!!!
Wife is [sole trader] employer with two shops.
Husband works as employee [admin, etc]. Husband works from home office [no room at either shop for office].
Husband has a co car and a co van [pays BIK on car, no personal use on van so no BIK].
Husband uses van for travel to both work shops – still no BIK as it’s not classed as personal.
Wife has a car….claims business use on a % of total costs basis. [Home to work NOT claimed as business].
Q1 - Husband gives wife a lift to work in van….what now???
Q2 – Can husband use wife’s car for business mileage [starting from home], thereby increasing the business use %, or would he have to go to a shop to pick up the car, or disallow the first 4 miles [distance to largest shop] of any journey??
- Can't find a good web address 207 4
- Company asserts 136 2
- Bank stream and receipt bank advice... 98 1
- Example accounts 73 1
- Director resignation 286 6
- VAT on unused stock 94 1
- When to recover vat on bad debts 148 4
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 194 7
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 212 5
- effective advertising 283 6
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 200 8
- Software recommendations 317 2
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 171 3
- Edible spam? 816 16
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 329 5
- Put fees on website 318 6
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,596 27
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,369 4
- Sigma Red 1,447 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 350 5
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 483
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 469
- WIP Software 339
- No payroll scheme in place 293
- Is there anything wrong with this? 260
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 256
- Uncommercial property business 231
- Small Part Disposal of Property 230
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 194
- SA Penalty 188