H&W - vans and cars, his and hers!!!
Wife is [sole trader] employer with two shops.
Husband works as employee [admin, etc]. Husband works from home office [no room at either shop for office].
Husband has a co car and a co van [pays BIK on car, no personal use on van so no BIK].
Husband uses van for travel to both work shops – still no BIK as it’s not classed as personal.
Wife has a car….claims business use on a % of total costs basis. [Home to work NOT claimed as business].
Q1 - Husband gives wife a lift to work in van….what now???
Q2 – Can husband use wife’s car for business mileage [starting from home], thereby increasing the business use %, or would he have to go to a shop to pick up the car, or disallow the first 4 miles [distance to largest shop] of any journey??
- Auto-Enrolment 3,589 173
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 516 1
- Mileage claim 168 8
- OBK 321 13
- Partially exempt? 117 3
- Proof of Delivery 199 7
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 73 3
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 323 8
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 223 9
- Property expense - legal fees 147 3
- Research expenses for authors 272 6
- Investor exit 80 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 129 3
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 242 4
- Accounting for a VAT Group 122 3
- Xero (another cloud system) and your year end accounts file 139 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,705 25
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 420 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,767 588
- Rental Income Tax Planning 142 2
- Skandia using wrong address 459
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 268
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 246
- Employee rewards 245
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 214
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 197
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 187
- Etax Australian 158
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 148