H&W - vans and cars, his and hers!!!
Wife is [sole trader] employer with two shops.
Husband works as employee [admin, etc]. Husband works from home office [no room at either shop for office].
Husband has a co car and a co van [pays BIK on car, no personal use on van so no BIK].
Husband uses van for travel to both work shops – still no BIK as it’s not classed as personal.
Wife has a car….claims business use on a % of total costs basis. [Home to work NOT claimed as business].
Q1 - Husband gives wife a lift to work in van….what now???
Q2 – Can husband use wife’s car for business mileage [starting from home], thereby increasing the business use %, or would he have to go to a shop to pick up the car, or disallow the first 4 miles [distance to largest shop] of any journey??
- How a company director can keep paying £833 69 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 189 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 473 14
- Employee steeling client data 114 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,356 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 189 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 131 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 92 1
- CT600 274 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 212 4
- signature required 913 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 189 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 337 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 330 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 150 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 89 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 153 2
- Payment plans for clients 279 3
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 95 1
- Lease 148 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,307
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 853
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 548
- Credit where credit's due....... 339
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 261
- TheTax Donut 232
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 188
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 180
- Director's business mileage 151
- Sole trader CPD 145