H&W - vans and cars, his and hers!!!
Wife is [sole trader] employer with two shops.
Husband works as employee [admin, etc]. Husband works from home office [no room at either shop for office].
Husband has a co car and a co van [pays BIK on car, no personal use on van so no BIK].
Husband uses van for travel to both work shops – still no BIK as it’s not classed as personal.
Wife has a car….claims business use on a % of total costs basis. [Home to work NOT claimed as business].
Q1 - Husband gives wife a lift to work in van….what now???
Q2 – Can husband use wife’s car for business mileage [starting from home], thereby increasing the business use %, or would he have to go to a shop to pick up the car, or disallow the first 4 miles [distance to largest shop] of any journey??
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 418 12
- CGT history of shares 176 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 139 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 173 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 335 6
- CGT on sale of let property 114 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 179 2
- how do i get UTR 141 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 89 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 238 3
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 132 1
- Your comments please 314 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 192 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 127 2
- EIS 198 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 131 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 115 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 128 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 728 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 207 1
- Moving away from CCH software 969
- QROP pension input amounts 453
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 398
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 383
- fraud 306
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 282
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 246
- Construction CIS LLP Company 231
- EPS and CIS deductions 224
- Out of time or not? 210