H&W - vans and cars, his and hers!!!
Wife is [sole trader] employer with two shops.
Husband works as employee [admin, etc]. Husband works from home office [no room at either shop for office].
Husband has a co car and a co van [pays BIK on car, no personal use on van so no BIK].
Husband uses van for travel to both work shops – still no BIK as it’s not classed as personal.
Wife has a car….claims business use on a % of total costs basis. [Home to work NOT claimed as business].
Q1 - Husband gives wife a lift to work in van….what now???
Q2 – Can husband use wife’s car for business mileage [starting from home], thereby increasing the business use %, or would he have to go to a shop to pick up the car, or disallow the first 4 miles [distance to largest shop] of any journey??
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 742 19
- Delayed option to tax 124 2
- Cloud backups – know what you are getting … 375 7
- Redundancy Pay 248 4
- question about merging two companies... 168 1
- Latest repayment email =interesting paragraph 394 3
- CG on Spanish property disposal 207 7
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 333 5
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 63 1
- VAT charged on non-VAT Invoice 260 6
- VAT on services to EC customer 125 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 454 11
- Do I need to see receipts ? 547 8
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 61 1
- Stand alone practice management software 1,217 20
- Submit P11D for 2014 2015 with no Paye Scheme in place 184 3
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 253 5
- SA1 forms 304 11
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,044 25
- ACCOUNTING FOR VAT ON EU DISPATCHES AND EXPORTS 149 2
- Sainsbury's mangement 805
- Avanti Accounts 670
- Have I done the right thing? 631
- Continuity Agreement 624
- Calling franchise accountants 624
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 480
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 355
- Scammers 311
- Advice please! 220
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 198