H&W - vans and cars, his and hers!!!
Wife is [sole trader] employer with two shops.
Husband works as employee [admin, etc]. Husband works from home office [no room at either shop for office].
Husband has a co car and a co van [pays BIK on car, no personal use on van so no BIK].
Husband uses van for travel to both work shops – still no BIK as it’s not classed as personal.
Wife has a car….claims business use on a % of total costs basis. [Home to work NOT claimed as business].
Q1 - Husband gives wife a lift to work in van….what now???
Q2 – Can husband use wife’s car for business mileage [starting from home], thereby increasing the business use %, or would he have to go to a shop to pick up the car, or disallow the first 4 miles [distance to largest shop] of any journey??
- Help with Mortgage Application? 462 6
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 142 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,597 283
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 209 10
- Standard 'email' template system 871 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 453 9
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,020 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 213 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 82 1
- Circular shareholding 227 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 183 6
- business card address 293 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 211 2
- Declined for business bank account 210 4
- Loan to a related company 98 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 654 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 330 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 258 8
- property rental income split 121 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 135 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,112
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 365
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 239
- Payments on account coded out?? 228
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 220
- Non Resident 186
- Franchise income and costs 175
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 173