H&W - vans and cars, his and hers!!!
Wife is [sole trader] employer with two shops.
Husband works as employee [admin, etc]. Husband works from home office [no room at either shop for office].
Husband has a co car and a co van [pays BIK on car, no personal use on van so no BIK].
Husband uses van for travel to both work shops – still no BIK as it’s not classed as personal.
Wife has a car….claims business use on a % of total costs basis. [Home to work NOT claimed as business].
Q1 - Husband gives wife a lift to work in van….what now???
Q2 – Can husband use wife’s car for business mileage [starting from home], thereby increasing the business use %, or would he have to go to a shop to pick up the car, or disallow the first 4 miles [distance to largest shop] of any journey??
- Undisclosed income 85 2
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 209 3
- Private Investment Company 118 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 61 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,638 44
- New company - form a group? 183 3
- Small company audit 113 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 274 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 783 17
- CIC Company 414 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,686 57
- Is this a scam? 787 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 146 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 352 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 257 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 195 4
- PITA client 264 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 383 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,337 33
- Dividend dates 493 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 601
- Cancelled 349
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 334
- Cancelled 286
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 257
- Probiz 245
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 199
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 185
- Car leasing scheme 182
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 169