H&W - vans and cars, his and hers!!!
Wife is [sole trader] employer with two shops.
Husband works as employee [admin, etc]. Husband works from home office [no room at either shop for office].
Husband has a co car and a co van [pays BIK on car, no personal use on van so no BIK].
Husband uses van for travel to both work shops – still no BIK as it’s not classed as personal.
Wife has a car….claims business use on a % of total costs basis. [Home to work NOT claimed as business].
Q1 - Husband gives wife a lift to work in van….what now???
Q2 – Can husband use wife’s car for business mileage [starting from home], thereby increasing the business use %, or would he have to go to a shop to pick up the car, or disallow the first 4 miles [distance to largest shop] of any journey??
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 94 2
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 102 4
- Company purchase of shares 250 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 90 2
- VAT QUESTION 126 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 1,078 14
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,205 15
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 211 13
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 282 4
- Why should I retain membership? 2,211 35
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 482 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 663 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 158 5
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 92 1
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 163 1
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,622 41
- VAT: option to tax 209 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 203 3
- Payroll software 591 14
- Permanent Place of Work & Travel & Subsistence 182 4
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 682
- Auto enrolment excuses 610
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 362
- Call Centre Data Costs 174
- Social investment tax relief 173
- Digita Hosted Software 169
- option to tax 155
- VAT on deposits 138
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 134
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 130