H&W - vans and cars, his and hers!!!
Wife is [sole trader] employer with two shops.
Husband works as employee [admin, etc]. Husband works from home office [no room at either shop for office].
Husband has a co car and a co van [pays BIK on car, no personal use on van so no BIK].
Husband uses van for travel to both work shops – still no BIK as it’s not classed as personal.
Wife has a car….claims business use on a % of total costs basis. [Home to work NOT claimed as business].
Q1 - Husband gives wife a lift to work in van….what now???
Q2 – Can husband use wife’s car for business mileage [starting from home], thereby increasing the business use %, or would he have to go to a shop to pick up the car, or disallow the first 4 miles [distance to largest shop] of any journey??
- Physiotherapy And Vat 60 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 423 5
- Directors loan - no longer a director 201 2
- Why .... 655 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 890 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 519 12
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 406 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 261 6
- Relevant life plan 284 7
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 136 2
- Business Transfer Father to Son 87 1
- Gift between companies 56 1
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 440 7
- Annual director payments for a small limited company 315 7
- Jointly owned property 291 6
- Interim Accountants through Ltd co basis 168 1
- Going to miss CT filing deadline 164 2
- Categories on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 284 4
- Flat Rate VAT - reclaiming VAT on Capital Purchase (bought on lease hire) 172 4
- The return 1,027 28
- Possible Partnership? 584
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 495
- New Fangled Penalties 396
- Clubs and Taxable Income 319
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 291
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 245
- Loans to other companies 236
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 207
- Outsource Data Entry 194
- Moving away from CCH software 191