I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 156 3
- Hmrc software 206 3
- Mehjoo 262 1
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 195 2
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 102 1
- SA302 255 4
- Hosted email exchange 168 5
- South African Government Pension 178 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 158 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 267 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 303 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 239 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 145 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 275 7
- New Email Extensions 187 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 309 2
- Dental practice incorpration 151 1
- Audit rules 176 4
- Go Cardless 310 8
- business entertaining deductibility 178 1
- Xtuple 507
- Qtac payroll for bureau 343
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 290
- Industrial & Provident Societies 282
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 168
- Domain name sale and limited company 166
- CIS schemes 160
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 159
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 139