I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 75 1
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 262 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,737 39
- Accounting for corporation tax 274 8
- Sole trader registering for the first time 340 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,011 18
- Creative Auto Enrolment 588 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 882 15
- Can an owner hold company money 337 6
- Account and Taxable Profit 334 17
- Class 2 NIC 307 5
- Probate services 430 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 406 7
- Vat payable on van 192 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,843 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 247 7
- Community Faux Pas 936 26
- Cash gift from India 169 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,320 40
- Windows10 220 4