I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 389 6
- Signed accounts for bank 197 7
- What are my legal responsibilities 139 8
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 458 10
- Landing clients 353 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,129 22
- Termination Payment 143 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 160 3
- CRM / marketing 87 2
- Allocation of income from property 745 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,856 28
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 310 3
- Opening a Quick books file 91 1
- 64-8 problems 506 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 339 10
- Payment on account reminders 225 3
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 96 3
- Hello 512 4
- AIA/Capital Allowances 484 14
- Balancing charge 120 1