I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- Goodie bag 1,586 53
- can I approach clients ? 435 9
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 125 1
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 150 3
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 136 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 337 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 217 3
- FreeAgent question 119 2
- CIS monthly returns 195 2
- Husband Wife let property 354 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 505 12
- Output tax for retailer 320 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 291 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 143 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 140 1
- CT600 Advice 152 1
- Fair Value Accounting 83 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 167 4
- Companies House Penalties 162 2
- Apostille documents 123 2
- Possible Partnership? 645
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 521
- New Fangled Penalties 450
- Fuming! 387
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 319
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 260
- Outsource Data Entry 244
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 238
- Moving away from CCH software 232
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 178