I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- Share transfer question 267 10
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 409 7
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 207 5
- New Employers Helpline 129 2
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 217 5
- Overlap relief 719 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,290 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 188 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 192 4
- VAT Query 187 2
- Sacked my first client 654 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 416 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 237 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,272 24
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 622 11
- Trades and deadlines 153 3
- How to pay national insurance 649 18
- New Website Look 1,078 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 280 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 236 5
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 427
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 422
- WIP Software 288
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 220
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 219
- Software recommendations 202
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 199
- Is there anything wrong with this? 189
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 187