I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- OneNote is fantastic 162 4
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,293 35
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 652 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,105 21
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 58 1
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 317 5
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 222 2
- PPR on a development? 224 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 329 7
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 895 19
- Private Residence Relief 1,789 15
- Cloud accounting package 187 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 1,023 39
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 511 15
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 304 6
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 198 3
- Next Move 401 12
- Ltd Co and 'grant' income 415 7
- when to file SA return if closed SA in the middle of the year 232 4
- Large PAYE tax refund to Employee 349 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 637
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 395
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- Property letting & CAs 381
- 2015 tax year end 375
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 373
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 240
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 229
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 223