I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- When to include value of import in Box 7 61 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 161 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 300 7
- Capital gain? 76 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,246 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 266 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 346 8
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 413 8
- vat help for catering concession 274 10
- IHT dilemma 1,154 17
- Tax return software for remote working 232 3
- CGT 332 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 320 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 109 2
- Compliance check 511 13
- sole trader accountant 785 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 400 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 604 21
- More AE! 498 11
- How to classify an asset 159 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,079
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 778
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 463
- Digita Hosted Software 280
- Call Centre Data Costs 251
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 223
- Credit where credit's due....... 216
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 205
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 187
- Director phone costs 149