I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- Debtor/creditor set-off 23 1
- Cash basis 347 10
- Statutory sick pay 184 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 302 3
- Redundancy payment added to p45 317 2
- Overseas bank interest 181 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 135 1
- Undeclared rental income 2,048 20
- Kasperskey - home pc 331 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 184 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 292 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,920 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,327 12
- Lorry Drivers 383 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 253 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,701 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 160 1
- PRR 598 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 222 2
- Partially exempt? 329 10
- Skandia using wrong address 537
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 292
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 288
- Employee rewards 280
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 252
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 245
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 234
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 217
- Etax Australian 178
- LLP in Construction Industry 142