I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- Child tax credits 178 4
- transitioning payroll 82 2
- Deduction from Salary 89 4
- Car leasing scheme 206 1
- One off meeting new client 1,316 12
- 12 Pay Problems 140 2
- PITA client 528 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 443 11
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 587 15
- Right to waive dividend 106 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 106 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,431 34
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,736 29
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 135 2
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 347 9
- R&D tax credit claim 297 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 670 10
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,275 20
- Deaf clients 651 6
- rental income since 2003 136 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 615
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 297
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 271
- Probiz 261
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 207
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 196
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 162