I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- VAT on non-denominated postage 175 6
- LEL and PAYE registration 36 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 755 24
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 212 4
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 104 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 159 1
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 851 40
- Tax relief for networking day out? 542 14
- SA316s 201 3
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 85 1
- Swiching tax 537 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 520 10
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 540 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 381 11
- Start-up cost recognition 116 1
- Lunches 278 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 409 8
- Generic notification message 267 6
- Property Expenses 227 7
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 178 1
- Construction CIS LLP Company 608
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 388
- Pensions Regulator 352
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 267
- RTI - duplicate employee record 259
- SA penalty proposals 257
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 228