I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- Self Assessment and P11D 61 2
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 124 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 604 22
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 864 36
- TRONC scheme 100 1
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 115 3
- Investment from Friend 139 8
- Advice on letting a client go ? 686 13
- Capital Gains Relief 145 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,600 29
- Identity check problem 1,251 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 185 3
- Business Set up cost 104 1
- Aged Debtor 82 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 965 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 99 3
- blank - ignore 499 8
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 89 2
- calculate mortgage interest 366 5
- Do we have to register for VAT? 458 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 876
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 574
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 541
- Latest phishing scam 472
- Entrepreneurs' relief 418
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 343
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 320
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 242
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 235
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 165