I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- HMRC computer behind the times 37 1
- fraud 362 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 191 3
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 127 2
- Which purchase date should I consider in the asset register 183 2
- UK property, split year non-UK reisdent help 81 1
- VAT on employee loan 347 6
- Interest, surcharges and interest on late payment of tax 153 3
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 289 9
- Auto enrolment 1,483 14
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 173 3
- Client's company struck off 613 17
- Extension of lease in flat management company 112 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 204 7
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 353 9
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 117 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 206 3
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 145 3
- Anyone had this problem?? 733 19
- Input VAT suffered in EU 163 3
- QROP pension input amounts 472
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 429
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 410
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 260
- EPS and CIS deductions 252
- Construction CIS LLP Company 243
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 202
- SAGE winforecast 175
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 168
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 158