I have a friend who...
I work with an ACCA student.
He is from overseas and to stay in the UK needed to earn over a certain amount each year.
To hit his earnings thresehold, he started a small business doing tax and accountancy for small businesses outside of his day job.
He now has a visa - but not his qualification yet - so he winds up the company by striking it off and is concentrating on his last exam.
Trouble is, he has done this whilst owing circa £2k in CT!
I have tried to point out to him all of the problems with his activities to date and his plans going foward and that he has and is committing all sorts of "punishable offences" but as a memebr of the ICAEW I cannot access the rule book he is subject to and he refuses to listen to me as it doesn't suit him.
Can anyone help me point him in te right direction and give me guidance and what - if anything - I should do.
- Director leaving in month 1 55 1
- S162 and Capital Allowances 102 1
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 111 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 162 3
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 187 2
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 163 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 148 4
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 168 6
- IHT - clawback of BPR 34 1
- EIS - connection through employment 85 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 225 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 35 1
- CIS and Close Company 74 2
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 220 4
- Secondment expenses 146 3
- VAT Option to tax 436 15
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 112 4
- Is VAT payable on insurance claims received ?? 103 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 135 3
- VAT Registration 326 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 904
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 636
- Free Tax Legislation? 397
- Director Loan account operation 394
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 324
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 316
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 222
- Paye procedures for CVA 217
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 180