I know we have been here before, but honestly!
1. Received a request in the post for a loan application this week. No name on the form, just a reference number for them. I rang the Building Society and they could not tell me who it was for and "couldn't really discuss it at all" as it would breach security. I suggested that if they wanted an answer they needed to do something!
2. Received call from HMRC - "please can we speak to someone about Mrs X" - yes, fine - "before we speak, we need you to clear security" - yes duh, but YOU rang ME - "well, we can give you a number you can ring us back on" - and how exactly does that prove anything?
I know this has been covered before, but surely if HMRC ring the phone number that they have for the agent then that is enough security, in the same way that when we ring them, we don't epect them to jump through hoops.
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 118 3
- flat rate scheme 1,919 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 263 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 125 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 633 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 136 3
- Company Share Buy Back 133 2
- Charitable Payment 207 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 939 15
- Unpaid share capital 258 3
- Company car in the LLP 190 2
- Physiotherapy 344 4
- New build property to be rented 185 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,886 52
- Hello 362 2
- Sage 200 question 123 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 119 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 194 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 194 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 227 4