I know we have been here before, but honestly!
1. Received a request in the post for a loan application this week. No name on the form, just a reference number for them. I rang the Building Society and they could not tell me who it was for and "couldn't really discuss it at all" as it would breach security. I suggested that if they wanted an answer they needed to do something!
2. Received call from HMRC - "please can we speak to someone about Mrs X" - yes, fine - "before we speak, we need you to clear security" - yes duh, but YOU rang ME - "well, we can give you a number you can ring us back on" - and how exactly does that prove anything?
I know this has been covered before, but surely if HMRC ring the phone number that they have for the agent then that is enough security, in the same way that when we ring them, we don't epect them to jump through hoops.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,751 39
- Windows10 225 5
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,849 43
- Probate services 437 10
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 104 1
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 271 4
- Accounting for corporation tax 297 8
- Sole trader registering for the first time 347 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,012 18
- Creative Auto Enrolment 589 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 888 15
- Can an owner hold company money 342 6
- Account and Taxable Profit 339 17
- Class 2 NIC 311 5
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 411 7
- Vat payable on van 199 1
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 247 7
- Community Faux Pas 938 26
- Cash gift from India 175 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,322 40