I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Sage Priority Support 90 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 682 18
- incorrect old p60 111 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 478 4
- VAT on new builds 113 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 346 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 122 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 113 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 132 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,837 26
- Missing tax return 170 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 919 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 276 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 162 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 557 18
- Physiotherapy 244 3
- Inflation and fees 1,217 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 165 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 283 8
- CGT help please 149 1