I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 153 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 190 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,223 35
- Mortgage Reference 539 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 245 7
- Insovent companies 883 19
- New Build 201 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,295 48
- BrightPay quirks 214 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 172 1
- Personal Tax 629 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 191 1
- USA Tax Query 309 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 440 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 361 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 396 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6