I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Donations (to a school!) 37 3
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 445 10
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 54 3
- Beaters and allowable exenses 89 2
- Family loan 221 7
- Repairs after a rental business ends 133 5
- Standard 'email' template system 616 10
- Shutting down a company with creditors 673 8
- Any Scottish members out there? 6,697 248
- FL Memo - Any Good 470 8
- Tax implications for client leaving share incentive plan 25 1
- VAT Romania - how to register 169 3
- 50% Shareholder & Director stealing money from the business 299 8
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 227 4
- Looking for subcontract work! 233 5
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 187 9
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,653 39
- Consolidation of new group 76 2
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 252 3
- Recycle old study books 450 11
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,080
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 351
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 293
- National Insurance 252
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 227
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 227
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 212
- Payments on account coded out?? 211
- Non Resident 170
- Franchise income and costs 158