I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 48 1
- ICAS GPPM 78 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 121 2
- Payroll 243 7
- Buying fees 682 5
- IHT Query 443 11
- Audit and paypal balances 178 7
- Missing C79 159 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 489 16
- VAT margin scheme 273 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 310 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,734 17
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 136 2
- Get it off your chest 254 4
- Directors bonus 159 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 113 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 285 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 282 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 185 3
- break even point 1,123 33
- Possible Partnership? 561
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 554
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 482
- New Fangled Penalties 358
- Clubs and Taxable Income 295
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 279
- Loans to other companies 222
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 215
- Outsource Data Entry 182
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 180