I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 348 11
- Start-up cost recognition 75 1
- SA316s 63 1
- Lunches 118 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 355 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 111 3
- Generic notification message 247 6
- Property Expenses 204 7
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 687 21
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 802 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 90 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 487 13
- Swiching tax 489 14
- Accrued salary unpaid 245 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,176 18
- Basis periods 86 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 100 2
- CGT on spouse's death 300 11
- Starting Again 313 11
- CT101 Completion 138 1
- Construction CIS LLP Company 598
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 586
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 385
- Pensions Regulator 350
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 288
- Using the correct forms 264
- SA penalty proposals 255
- RTI - duplicate employee record 248
- Accelerated payment notices 231
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 223