I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 120 2
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 103 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 887 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 218 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 124 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 251 7
- New Email Extensions 131 1
- SA302 199 3
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,089 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 273 2
- Dental practice incorpration 124 1
- Audit rules 162 4
- Go Cardless 278 8
- business entertaining deductibility 146 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 172 2
- R & D 110 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 90 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 186 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 166 1
- New Business Registration 223 5
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 284
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- Mehjoo 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 154