I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 29 2
- Property income in different capacities 209 5
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 427 12
- CGT 435 19
- CGT 262 5
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 189 3
- Vat registration exception 76 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 428 10
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 74 1
- Charity Grant accounting 90 3
- Entrepreneurs Relief 840 46
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 223 5
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 397 8
- how to object to registered company name... 215 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 494 14
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 416 5
- VAT QUESTION 324 3
- More AE! 698 15
- Money Soft payroll 562 11
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 232 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,199
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 804
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 499
- Digita Hosted Software 325
- Credit where credit's due....... 295
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 230
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 170
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 148
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 139
- TheTax Donut 133