I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Microsoft One Drive 182 5
- Accounts Package 187 7
- Question about VAT Group Registration 92 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 636 18
- Not a question but made my day 537 13
- Does reputation of a tax agent affect likelihood of a HMRC audit 194 3
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 261 3
- Travel expenses for director - flight 358 3
- Repayment of Share Capital 387 8
- VAT on property 105 1
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 248 4
- PPR ELECTION 306 9
- Late night meals self employed 350 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 415 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 268 1
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,832 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 123 1
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,876 25
- Audacity 1,221 21
- 2014/15 Forms P11D and P11D(b) 262 1
- NHS finance professionals 572
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 376
- Foreign Pension Contribution 346
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 329
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 310
- vat gross profit percentage margins 306
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 283
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 251
- Thinning income 229
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 203