I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Accountants website 356 5
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 211 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 671 29
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 69 1
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 161 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 443 8
- VAT on employee loan 273 4
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 70 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 102 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 351 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,402 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 215 5
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 165 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 215 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 197 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 714 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 148 1
- Purchased Goodwill 148 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 89 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 116 1
- New Fangled Penalties 1,080
- Moving away from CCH software 934
- QROP pension input amounts 426
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 371
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 343
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 310
- fraud 268
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 238
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 212
- Construction CIS LLP Company 190