I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Accountants' Error 682 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 139 3
- Scoot 170 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 145 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 190 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 658 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,444 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 101 1
- Regaining my qualification 188 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 232 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 214 2
- Auto enrolment 186 3
- Shareholder agreement 168 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 194 3
- Company Reorganisation 159 3
- Employee Loan 201 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 461 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 588 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 141 1
- Wear and tear allowance 461 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,449
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 760
- Any views 694
- HMRC Employers Diary 521
- International interest certificate 423
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 387
- Sale of business 352
- NOVA 258
- Advertising services? 251
- IRIS Open Books problem 241