I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Practice software 1,317 19
- 'Careless' Self Assessment Error 250 7
- Company Limited by Guarantee 211 3
- Company Strike off 89 4
- HMRC Security Deposit 1,232 18
- wife as partner 812 5
- VAT B2B EU service - curious 269 5
- Job costing 192 1
- is anybody using iris and sql server standard 2014? 238 5
- Shares held in trust 164 4
- Servicing AE fees 341 7
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 451 12
- Company accounts for £350 1,221 32
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 163 2
- APN's 223 1
- How to report under-declaration on next VAT100? 228 2
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 807 20
- children inherit property 264 5
- Property pages or self-employed? 460 9
- Directors Loan Account Question 580 14
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 321
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 315
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 281
- French ConnectionUK 252
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 231
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 210
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 209
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 147
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 139
- Indian Provident Fund 137