I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- VAT Invoice 250 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 108 1
- Cash in Hand 207 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 213 5
- are receipts needed? 643 17
- SA302's anyone?? 632 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 340 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 166 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 360 12
- Busines software 197 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 224 6
- Converting a barn for business use 192 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 324 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 333 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 499 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 351 3
- Bookkeping software 743 7
- Clogged Losses 293 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 289 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 674 10
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 911
- International interest certificate 525
- NOVA 375
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 337
- Management expenses for investment company 279
- Bonus Bonds 277
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 187
- EXACT ONLINE 172
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 168