I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Advice on letting a client go ? 565 11
- client can't/won't pay 1,511 27
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 23 2
- Most cr*p bank account ever? 93 1
- calculate mortgage interest 298 2
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 690 26
- Directors NIC's 127 5
- VAT field when booking bills for organisations on VAT FRS 56 1
- Entrepreneurs relief 138 2
- Declaration of interest 181 7
- Do we have to register for VAT? 402 8
- New client forgot to take stock count at the year end 235 6
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 83 1
- White van man 828 27
- Close Ltd and be taxed as a sole trader 139 5
- Company Van taxable benefit 145 4
- Reclaiming VAT on unpaid invoices 98 3
- Unbelievable!! 747 6
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 384 1
- Receipt bank 297 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 872
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 568
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 533
- Latest phishing scam 463
- Entrepreneurs' relief 412
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 335
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 317
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 239
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 219
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 162