I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Is this dodgy? 224 6
- Directors loan balance write off in period 23 1
- New Client - incorrect accounts filed 225 6
- Can I claim VAT back on accounting fees? 105 4
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 291 13
- The importance of Grammar 116 2
- How to claim CIS refund for limited company that 221 5
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 305 6
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 942 13
- Car or Van - BIK not VAT 450 14
- Sole Trader 165 3
- 2 businesses again. 1 with vat, one without 2,668 51
- Non Resident Landlord Tax 155 3
- Class 4 Losses 206 4
- Tax Codes and VAT 77 1
- Entrepreneur Relief - inter company shares 84 1
- Issue shares to shareholders 144 6
- How long should one give Aweb … 885 14
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 337 3
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,338 51
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 347
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 284
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 262
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 259
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 248
- Electric Car 204
- S222 Charge 194
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 179
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 179
- Freelance Accounting link 169