I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Advisory Fuel Rates 34 4
- CGT on transfer of property 312 19
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,501 28
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 961 20
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 35 1
- The stupidity continues 2,386 101
- Pension Fund Audit for HMRC form APSS106 - suggested program? 53 2
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 70 1
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 198 8
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 67 1
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 151 2
- Excel file Corrupted 147 3
- Benefit in kind but no salary 186 2
- Ishares Ftse 100 (ETF) -Ireland 117 1
- Marketing and email surprises 517 10
- Cis refund for company 179 3
- 45p mileage - stupid question 449 4
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 140 1
- Taxable turnover for VAT registration 234 8
- PRR and Letting relief 138 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 459
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 452
- WIP Software 318
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 301
- No payroll scheme in place 258
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 253
- Is there anything wrong with this? 235
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 234
- Small Part Disposal of Property 210
- Uncommercial property business 203