I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- Property scam victim 304 5
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 246 9
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 226 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 32 1
- Have i messed up? 737 11
- VAT on garage rent 109 8
- Are HMRC getting it right? 418 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 48 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 83 2
- Tasks for new trainees 133 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 63 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 55 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 554 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 99 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,641 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 251 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,807 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 170 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 141 2
- Partnership returns software 88 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,090
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 572
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 382
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 286
- Charge out rates in London? 241
- Interest on Loan to a Company 188
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 173
- Agent fees to sell business 162
- Alphabet shares 159
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 153