I think a client has sacked me!
Hi. I recently wrote that I had completed all self assessment returns bar one and they hadn't sent me any information.
I am now updating this story......
I was on my agent login on HMRC website and clicked on said client to see if they had had their penalty charged yet. I was surprised to be informed that a tax return had been filed on 31 Jan. I assume it was the client themselves although I dont know how as they hadn't any login details.
I am obviously still entered as their agent as I could see their record and this is my problem....
There was a link to view filed return (which I didn't click on). Am I allowed to view it as I haven't filed it? Is my name linked to this record? What can I do to ensure I am not liable to a faulty return?
The reason I ask is that I have the clients self employment records and I haven't informed them of their profit (accounting or tax) as I haven't completed the accounts yet as I wasn't sure I would be paid (which obviously I wont be!)
If I am allowed to check the return and find an error I am obliged (I think) to report it under money laundering regs, is this right?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
- I do not love you 262 5
- What are you doing now 31 Jan is past? 122 2
- Limited Company 214 4
- Gift of FHL - subsequent PPR not denied? 186 1
- Love is in the air 763 10
- Stamp Duty 341 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 750 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 900 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 410 5
- Paying Son 819 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 406 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 285 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,076 47
- Setting up a practice 657 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 637 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 570 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 500 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 249 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,877 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 470 1
- Foreign domicile status 319
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 304
- CGT for NOn UK residents 286
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 284
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 263
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 250
- Apprenticeship Levy 248
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 240
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 236