I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- Starting up in practice - safety net 254 8
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 351 8
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 364 11
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,439 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,164 35
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 116 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 359 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 248 4
- Rental property company 118 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 269 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 390 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 175 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 207 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 153 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 515 5
- Director's tax return 405 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 191 3
- Flat rate vat 251 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 204 5
- Coming in from the cold 408 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 826
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 574
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 442
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 322
- Free Tax Legislation? 296
- Director Loan account operation 275
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 264
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 261
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 240
- Paye procedures for CVA 182