I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,325 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 105 4
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 86 2
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 918 21
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 340 9
- Company Structure 261 2
- The importance of Grammar 2,036 58
- Who is responsible for goods values for customs clearance? 34 1
- Accountant Specialization. 72 1
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 196 3
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 244 1
- Director Liability 225 4
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 384 5
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 227 2
- Freelance/Employee 486 13
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 247 6
- 2 companies, one payroll 291 9
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 344 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 670 14
- Freehold management company 170 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 399
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 361
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 341
- Electric Car 274
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 176
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 167
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 158
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 156
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153