I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- break even point 347 10
- Is this a scam? 823 16
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 65 2
- Profit split on buy-to let 174 3
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 28 1
- client issues 143 3
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 721 17
- Setting up an offshore company 189 2
- Payroll software 311 12
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 67 1
- Sage Line 50 Help 42 1
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 256 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 388 20
- Rip off letting agents 580 12
- VAT silly question 2,118 44
- Automatic Enrolment Letter code 144 3
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 291 7
- BrightPay 458 12
- Question for FreeAgent users 202 6
- Hello there 499 4