I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 304 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,872 28
- incorrect old p60 142 2
- Redundancy Pay 432 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 673 6
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 701 19
- Sage Priority Support 103 2
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 494 4
- VAT on new builds 121 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 351 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 133 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 125 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 144 1
- Missing tax return 189 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 922 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 278 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 166 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 559 18
- Physiotherapy 247 3
- Inflation and fees 1,225 20