I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- property capital gains 144 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 133 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,155 13
- Tips on meals 174 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 514 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 154 3
- Personal Tax 725 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 170 2
- Stumped - IHT 137 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 409 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 473 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,283 33
- Credit management tools 141 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 396 7
- CGT and primary residence 175 1
- Marriage Allowance 275 3
- S455 and February year ends 331 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 889 18
- Closing down loss-making company 458 5