I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- Council setting up 'sham' LLP as trading arm? 122 2
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 474 5
- Do I need a smartphone? 2,052 74
- subsistence: help with BIM47705 interpretation 48 1
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 231 6
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,445 25
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,961 47
- inflation rate year on year 198 4
- Accounts Question 188 5
- Deleted question? 779 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,240 67
- MAAT vs ACCA 748 13
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 674 3
- VAT Return Errors 220 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 190 5
- Yorkshire Day 630 38
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 206 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 391 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 163 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 301 7
- Cancelled 474
- Cancelled 389
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 379
- Probiz 360
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 265
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 240
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 235
- More spam 187
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 163
- Employee Benefit Trust 155