I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 688 5
- See you all on the other side 727 6
- 12Pay 492 2
- dividends 683 2
- R&D 343 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,206 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 457 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 449 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 401 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 562 5
- Seeking a tax case 669 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 533 4
- Companies house strike off 610 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 456 2
- Moving to the cloud 764 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 925 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 225 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,108 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 517 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 570
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 424
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 359
- Capitalising Finance Lease 337
- USA help 324
- Marginal rates of tax 323
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 321
- Class 2 NI 309
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 300