I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 176 5
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 159 3
- Where has Portia gone? 1,661 63
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 91 1
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 203 6
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 187 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 256 4
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 387 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 327 9
- Merging my businesses 127 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,719 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 515 16
- VAT on commercial property 141 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,038 49
- deceased creditor 203 5
- Corporate member of LLP 278 1
- Investment company 271 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 344 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 220 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 375 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 781
- RTI - duplicate employee record 535
- Pensions Regulator 444
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 404
- Sage Vat return box 2 307
- Sanzar 305
- Digital marketing focus group 288
- How do you do it 279
- Portia ... Where art thou 258
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 254