I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- Why should I retain membership? 2,666 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 167 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 323 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 127 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,252 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 389 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,463 18
- Vat 245 4
- CT/CIS offset 119 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 170 4
- Trade name 172 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 129 1
- New business - journal entries 310 20
- B2B vat in the EU 111 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 313 18
- VAT on deposits 204 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 128 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 409 12
- option to tax 204 1
- Share of profits from building society 105 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 783
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 707
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 388
- Social investment tax relief 206
- Digita Hosted Software 199
- Call Centre Data Costs 192
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 159
- Travel costs and contractors 151
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 145
- Certificates of tax deposit 138