I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 231 5
- Dividend taxation 169 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 90 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 155 2
- Paying Son 534 17
- Tax Overlap Reporting 101 3
- Employers NI allowance 394 5
- HMRC accounting 129 1
- Love is in the air 96 2
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 401 4
- iris update 11.9.2 442 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 246 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 659 8
- Which time limits apply? 392 4
- Client Paperwork Retention? 427 10
- Exclusion from VAT Registration 202 4
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 317 3
- Just checking re PSA 259 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 347 4
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,605 7
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 496
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- CGT for NOn UK residents 268
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 264
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 251
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 238
- Apprenticeship Levy 230
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 228
- Capital Gains personal representatives 209
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 204