I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 619 13
- Company paying out on guarantee 50 3
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,750 14
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 258 11
- Payroll Software Recommendations 256 8
- indexation factors 95 3
- Drector renting room to company 226 5
- Warranties - Fixed Assets - depreciation 89 2
- Property Revaluation - Postings 101 2
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 419 10
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,774 58
- Incorporation and goodwill 249 4
- It gets worse ! 179 1
- R&D claim 81 3
- Fee protection 1,111 25
- Received a CIS invoice 285 9
- DLA interest query. 2,962 66
- VAT invoice 230 9
- claim fees with out without VAT? 163 3
- How to print invoice payment history Sage 50 Pro 58 2
- Xtuple 581
- Qtac payroll for bureau 406
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 351
- Domain name sale and limited company 254
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 243
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 224
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 205
- Tax on damages received 204
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 163