I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- Non resident income. 448 20
- What sectors to target? 605 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 254 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 178 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,932 41
- Self assesment online 987 11
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 258 21
- Why do I do this every year 406 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 300 5
- closing limited company 169 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 88 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 514 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 251 9
- IHT and US resident 59 1
- Limited Companies Merger 209 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 139 1
- Practice management 381 7
- IHT and cash gifts 248 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 561 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,610 42
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 926
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 646
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 597
- Latest phishing scam 578
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 413
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 311
- Scratch Head 240
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 230
- Sabbatical payments 195
- Negligible Value Claim 173