I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- Tax - Paying Yearly 50 3
- charities 192 3
- Anyone using PracticePA? 204 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 387 4
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 260 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 62 1
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 159 2
- New company uses old Bank Account 201 2
- converting garage to use as office 254 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 641 13
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 120 1
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 115 2
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 322 7
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,165 11
- Strike off 423 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 135 2
- auto enrolment 277 1
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 318 6
- Private use of vans 159 1
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 705 6
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 373
- Any thoughts on Capium? 324
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 291
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 267
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 252
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 226
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- French ConnectionUK 161
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 158