I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- what time is it ? 31 1
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 240 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,040 14
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 232 8
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 660 19
- Tax Return Deadlines 215 4
- Year end 137 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 563 21
- How would you account for warranty? 146 4
- LLP - Member leaving 124 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 392 22
- Sweet Tooth 177 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 175 2
- trading or dormant 115 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 113 1
- tax credits 134 5
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 568 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 273 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 121 1
- Foreign income for self employed 137 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 873
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 518
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 330
- How to format a stock book 311
- Tax efficient holding company structure 245
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 241
- Investment property company accounts template 225
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 219
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 191
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 164