I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- The stupidity continues 637 24
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 230 4
- transactions after account have been closed 189 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 173 5
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 536 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 226 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 127 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,340 25
- New Employers Helpline 210 4
- Software recommendations 277 1
- Share transfer question 381 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 332 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 189 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,459 19
- Overlap relief 759 19
- What is IRIS World like? 369 8
- Pension contributions 384 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 512 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 213 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 289 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 436
- WIP Software 301
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 235
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 233
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 210
- Is there anything wrong with this? 205
- Small Part Disposal of Property 190
- Uncommercial property business 182