I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 13 1
- How to make restoration of corrupted excel 2007 file? 70 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,859 35
- Real names 1,111 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 495 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 115 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,367 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 661 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 230 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 84 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 127 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 283 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,577 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,971 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,950 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 86 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 117 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 163 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 114 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 88 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 580
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 452
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 352
- IFA incorporation 337
- Sorry ignore me 320
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 277
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 269
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 261
- Cancelled 202
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 172