I thoughtI understood income tax.
I have been asked to repay tax by HMRC on the grounds that I had not included ''underpaid tax for earlier years in your tax code for 2011/12''
My tax affairs are extremely simple, although I do have two employments. I always submit SA forms on time etc. Nowhere have I been notified that I have any 'underpaid tax in my PAYE code', whatever that may mean.
I had always thought that any 'inaccuracies' in my PAYE code during the tax year would be corrected at the end of the year when I submit my SA.
Can anyone put me wise, please?
- Accountants' Error 736 16
- Corporation tax due date confusion 57 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 162 5
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 158 3
- Scoot 194 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 159 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 216 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 667 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,462 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 114 1
- Regaining my qualification 223 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 243 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 257 2
- Auto enrolment 204 3
- Shareholder agreement 177 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 201 3
- Company Reorganisation 169 3
- Employee Loan 219 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 471 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 604 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,458
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 775
- Any views 705
- HMRC Employers Diary 526
- International interest certificate 428
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 394
- Sale of business 360
- NOVA 262
- Advertising services? 261
- IRIS Open Books problem 253