Importing from Sage 50 Excel option greyed out
I have just set up my new PC, installed Sage 50 (v16, 2010), and all works fine. I tried to import my journals from an XLSX file, as I have been doing for years on the old PC, but the Excel option is greyed out, so will only allow import from csv.
new PC details:
Windows 7 Professional
Sage 50 Accounts Plus 2010 v16.0.17.0158
I have a SSD to store my programs and a traditional spinning HDD to store my data. All the sage data ie Company.000, Company.001 etc folders on are on the HDD. Sage itself is installed on the SSD. I told Sage (by editing the company (no extension) file) to find the data on the HDD, and it works fine. The one thing it can't do is import from an xlsx file.
Does anybody know why this might be happening, and what I can do to make it work properly?
Thanks in advance.
- last minute request 358 4
- Xerocon 2016 858 15
- 64-8's amazingly quick 77 3
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 277 3
- Personal Tax 310 9
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,214 46
- Practical experience 880 16
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,895 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 259 2
- Mortgage Reference 231 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 189 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 444 9
- VAT 313 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 257 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 237 1
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 85 1
- Cash gift from India 515 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 90 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 504 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 160 2