Importing transactions into Sage line 50
Our client operates in a specialist field where they take commission from money landing in their client account and then pay the balance on to their client.
They use a package specially written for their industry to handle the client relationship, payments and commission calculations. We have been entering the resulting transactions into an accounts package conventionally. We understand that it is possible to import transactional information into Sage.
As this is a client account situation we are looking at a) importing receipts information into the creditor's ledger, b) importing our clients commission invoices transactions to the creditors ledger and c) importing the payment of the balance to their clients to the creditors ledger.
Has anyone any experiance of importing transactions into sage line 50 and have any wisdom they would like to share?
We have seen that line 50 comes with some import templates for supplier and customer master record type information.
- Why should I retain membership? 2,656 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 164 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 319 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 119 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,250 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 382 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,452 18
- Vat 240 4
- CT/CIS offset 111 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 163 4
- Trade name 164 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 127 1
- New business - journal entries 308 20
- B2B vat in the EU 104 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 307 18
- VAT on deposits 202 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 124 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 401 12
- option to tax 202 1
- Share of profits from building society 98 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 776
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 705
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 384
- Social investment tax relief 203
- Digita Hosted Software 198
- Call Centre Data Costs 190
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 156
- Travel costs and contractors 149
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 142
- Certificates of tax deposit 135