Importing transactions to sales ledger Sage 50
If anyone could help me i would be very greatful. I am an AAT diploma bookkeeper, taken over the accounts function in a company. I have good general knowledge of sage, but am no expert in the technical side.
I am trying to implement a system to import transactions from our main business systems, directly to the Customer Accounts and update the relevant nominal ledgers. I have read the audit trail import sheets, and think I understand the process.
However I have a few questions concerning the way our business works.
We are a Debt recovery agency, and collect payments on our client’s behalf, taking a fee for doing so. We do not operate any client bank accounts.
Payments are taken predominantly by credit and debit cards, but also cheques and bacs. All are processed through our bespoke systems credit control systems. We will use the transactional data from these systems to update the sage ledgers.
Each transaction taken breaks down in to 3 parts:
Our client’s fee
Card processing charges.
Client fees a remitted to them monthly.
Currently, payments are posted manually to the customer account once they have cleared the bank, reconciled against a day book run in excel, client remittances are prepared from this daybook, and payments made the first week in the new month. At the same time as the payment for our clients fees, we raise an invoice for our fees and a dummy invoice for card charges.
The idea behind this is to streamline the bank reconciliation function, as we are a high volume low value company (5000+ transaction per month), the bank rec is an ongoing daily chore, removing the posting of these transaction will free up 90% of my assistants time for other duties.
The parts I am struggling with are:
Can transactions be posted as receipts to the account (SA) if they will haven't cleared the bank account at the time of export? (Card transactions they will take around 3 days to clear). I cannot assume the date of clearing, as it varies on the day of the week, holidays, etc. Waiting until the payments clear will require amending of the data, which i am keen to avoid. My assumption is yes, but with the possibility of leaving unreconciled items, if there are any errors in the data coming in.
In addition to posting these sales receipts, i would like to also automate the posting of transactions to update the Card processing charges expense account and raise the invoice for our fees.
Any help you can give me in this area will be much appreciated.
- Telephone call from "Xero" 410 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 109 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,167 46
- dividend 142 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 110 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 251 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 168 3
- Irish Taxation 138 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 306 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 511 6
- Drector renting room to company 91 1
- Off site storage 150 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 599 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 248 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 349 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 237 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 328 4
- Self assesment losses 323 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 174 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 186 1
- Xtuple 564
- Qtac payroll for bureau 387
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 342
- Domain name sale and limited company 232
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 211
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 208
- Investment 205
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 181
- Tax on damages received 180
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 149