Importing transactions to sales ledger Sage 50
If anyone could help me i would be very greatful. I am an AAT diploma bookkeeper, taken over the accounts function in a company. I have good general knowledge of sage, but am no expert in the technical side.
I am trying to implement a system to import transactions from our main business systems, directly to the Customer Accounts and update the relevant nominal ledgers. I have read the audit trail import sheets, and think I understand the process.
However I have a few questions concerning the way our business works.
We are a Debt recovery agency, and collect payments on our client’s behalf, taking a fee for doing so. We do not operate any client bank accounts.
Payments are taken predominantly by credit and debit cards, but also cheques and bacs. All are processed through our bespoke systems credit control systems. We will use the transactional data from these systems to update the sage ledgers.
Each transaction taken breaks down in to 3 parts:
Our client’s fee
Card processing charges.
Client fees a remitted to them monthly.
Currently, payments are posted manually to the customer account once they have cleared the bank, reconciled against a day book run in excel, client remittances are prepared from this daybook, and payments made the first week in the new month. At the same time as the payment for our clients fees, we raise an invoice for our fees and a dummy invoice for card charges.
The idea behind this is to streamline the bank reconciliation function, as we are a high volume low value company (5000+ transaction per month), the bank rec is an ongoing daily chore, removing the posting of these transaction will free up 90% of my assistants time for other duties.
The parts I am struggling with are:
Can transactions be posted as receipts to the account (SA) if they will haven't cleared the bank account at the time of export? (Card transactions they will take around 3 days to clear). I cannot assume the date of clearing, as it varies on the day of the week, holidays, etc. Waiting until the payments clear will require amending of the data, which i am keen to avoid. My assumption is yes, but with the possibility of leaving unreconciled items, if there are any errors in the data coming in.
In addition to posting these sales receipts, i would like to also automate the posting of transactions to update the Card processing charges expense account and raise the invoice for our fees.
Any help you can give me in this area will be much appreciated.
- Wear & Tear Allowances 302 7
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,396 19
- That old chestnut 337 7
- Supply to Irish State Body 215 2
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 326 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 272 3
- Non controlling shares - how to set up 246 9
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 213 3
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 200 4
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 110 1
- Helping clients with bookkeeping but not a bookkeeper 723 18
- MAAT vs ACCA 1,954 35
- IR35 - relationship of WIP 661 6
- How to tell HMRC Limited Co. is active 209 3
- Tax relief for Director incurring business expenses on his credit card 201 2
- Repair or improvement? 428 7
- National Insurance. 150 1
- Trust tax return 171 1
- VAT on land sale 163 6
- Property Development 321 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 406
- CTA study material 359
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 268
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 250
- new capital structure ltd with investors 202
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 199
- Pre incorp expenses 197
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 180
- Slight twist on employment related securities 169
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 153