Importing transactions to sales ledger Sage 50
If anyone could help me i would be very greatful. I am an AAT diploma bookkeeper, taken over the accounts function in a company. I have good general knowledge of sage, but am no expert in the technical side.
I am trying to implement a system to import transactions from our main business systems, directly to the Customer Accounts and update the relevant nominal ledgers. I have read the audit trail import sheets, and think I understand the process.
However I have a few questions concerning the way our business works.
We are a Debt recovery agency, and collect payments on our client’s behalf, taking a fee for doing so. We do not operate any client bank accounts.
Payments are taken predominantly by credit and debit cards, but also cheques and bacs. All are processed through our bespoke systems credit control systems. We will use the transactional data from these systems to update the sage ledgers.
Each transaction taken breaks down in to 3 parts:
Our client’s fee
Card processing charges.
Client fees a remitted to them monthly.
Currently, payments are posted manually to the customer account once they have cleared the bank, reconciled against a day book run in excel, client remittances are prepared from this daybook, and payments made the first week in the new month. At the same time as the payment for our clients fees, we raise an invoice for our fees and a dummy invoice for card charges.
The idea behind this is to streamline the bank reconciliation function, as we are a high volume low value company (5000+ transaction per month), the bank rec is an ongoing daily chore, removing the posting of these transaction will free up 90% of my assistants time for other duties.
The parts I am struggling with are:
Can transactions be posted as receipts to the account (SA) if they will haven't cleared the bank account at the time of export? (Card transactions they will take around 3 days to clear). I cannot assume the date of clearing, as it varies on the day of the week, holidays, etc. Waiting until the payments clear will require amending of the data, which i am keen to avoid. My assumption is yes, but with the possibility of leaving unreconciled items, if there are any errors in the data coming in.
In addition to posting these sales receipts, i would like to also automate the posting of transactions to update the Card processing charges expense account and raise the invoice for our fees.
Any help you can give me in this area will be much appreciated.
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 825 30
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 618 32
- IHT and cash gifts 98 2
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 388 4
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 315 9
- Practice management 174 2
- Flat Conversion Allowance 76 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 227 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 94 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 153 7
- Clothing 209 4
- VAT registration transfer 161 3
- Sponsorship & VAT 93 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 140 2
- Director drawings 423 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 325 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 109 1
- HMRC SA302s 222 3
- What does the "K" signify 446 7
- Director or self-employed 168 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 909
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 615
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 581
- Latest phishing scam 536
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 380
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 351
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 283
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 203
- Capital allowances in first basis period 192
- Sabbatical payments 180