Importing transactions to sales ledger Sage 50
If anyone could help me i would be very greatful. I am an AAT diploma bookkeeper, taken over the accounts function in a company. I have good general knowledge of sage, but am no expert in the technical side.
I am trying to implement a system to import transactions from our main business systems, directly to the Customer Accounts and update the relevant nominal ledgers. I have read the audit trail import sheets, and think I understand the process.
However I have a few questions concerning the way our business works.
We are a Debt recovery agency, and collect payments on our client’s behalf, taking a fee for doing so. We do not operate any client bank accounts.
Payments are taken predominantly by credit and debit cards, but also cheques and bacs. All are processed through our bespoke systems credit control systems. We will use the transactional data from these systems to update the sage ledgers.
Each transaction taken breaks down in to 3 parts:
Our client’s fee
Card processing charges.
Client fees a remitted to them monthly.
Currently, payments are posted manually to the customer account once they have cleared the bank, reconciled against a day book run in excel, client remittances are prepared from this daybook, and payments made the first week in the new month. At the same time as the payment for our clients fees, we raise an invoice for our fees and a dummy invoice for card charges.
The idea behind this is to streamline the bank reconciliation function, as we are a high volume low value company (5000+ transaction per month), the bank rec is an ongoing daily chore, removing the posting of these transaction will free up 90% of my assistants time for other duties.
The parts I am struggling with are:
Can transactions be posted as receipts to the account (SA) if they will haven't cleared the bank account at the time of export? (Card transactions they will take around 3 days to clear). I cannot assume the date of clearing, as it varies on the day of the week, holidays, etc. Waiting until the payments clear will require amending of the data, which i am keen to avoid. My assumption is yes, but with the possibility of leaving unreconciled items, if there are any errors in the data coming in.
In addition to posting these sales receipts, i would like to also automate the posting of transactions to update the Card processing charges expense account and raise the invoice for our fees.
Any help you can give me in this area will be much appreciated.
- VAT for client based in Thailand 24 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 391 12
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,778 41
- Deduction from Salary 897 25
- Directors pay adjustment from 1k to the magic 833.33 128 3
- Yorkshire Day 128 7
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 814 22
- Doctor and Locum Work 326 5
- Collection or business assets 137 2
- Deleted question? 64 1
- Accountancy Career 426 8
- Flat rate allowed but not used. 30 1
- Employee and subcontractor 190 4
- Help with HMRC investigation 379 7
- SMP reclaimable by employer 182 4
- calculation DTR restriction 126 2
- R&D tax credit claim 579 8
- Agent help line - long queues? 105 2
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 160 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,087 66
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 688
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 544
- Cancelled 432
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Probiz 339
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 333
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 246
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 219
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 209