Incidental rental income
in limited company accounts.
I have a new client which operates as a property developer. The properties held for development are treated as stock. The client sometimes receives rental income on some properties and hitherto such rental income has been treated as incidental income on each project and has been included in turnover on the P&L rather than other operating income. On the CT600 the rental income is just included in the overall trading profit or loss, which is obviously incorrect but in actual fact hasn't made any difference to the tax charge.
I think that the correct accounting treatment in the P&L ought to be as other operating income, buit my brain is so frazzled from four hours spent trying to get the company and the comparatives figures set up correctly in IRIS iXBRL that I am having difficulty thinking straight!
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 472 9
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 45 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 271 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 109 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 89 1
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 174 1
- Stumped - IHT 315 5
- Creative Auto Enrolment 806 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,365 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 110 3
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 246 4
- True Potential AE 272 2
- Closing down loss-making company 517 6
- CGT and primary residence 226 2
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 316 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,243 14
- VAT disaggregation 293 4
- Giving shares away 455 8
- Non-IR35 contractors and travel, since Autumn Statement 244 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 573 11