Income from Kickboxing Competitions
An existing client sole trader has told us he also competes in Kickboxing competitions.
He says he has won 6 fights earning a total of £1,200.
I don't think this is a trade.
However, I do think it is taxable income - although we could reduce profit by deduction of expenses.
Any thoughts please?
- The importance of Grammar 1,283 37
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 101 3
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,342 37
- Profit split from an investment property 132 5
- VAT - How hard is it? 692 25
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 86 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 263 6
- tax saving on card points 227 6
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 907 14
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 249 9
- Scissors 860 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 432 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 443 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 232 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 116 2
- Xero Pain Points 496 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 336 8
- VAT and Groups 83 2
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,950 13
- VAT & Offshore Companies 223 7
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 369
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 321
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 305
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 294
- Electric Car 248
- S222 Charge 217
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 213
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 200
- Company Structure 193
- VAT and customer entertaining 175