Income from Kickboxing Competitions
An existing client sole trader has told us he also competes in Kickboxing competitions.
He says he has won 6 fights earning a total of £1,200.
I don't think this is a trade.
However, I do think it is taxable income - although we could reduce profit by deduction of expenses.
Any thoughts please?
- what time is it ? 51 1
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 251 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,047 14
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 236 8
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 667 19
- Tax Return Deadlines 219 4
- Year end 153 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 570 21
- How would you account for warranty? 155 4
- LLP - Member leaving 131 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 397 22
- Sweet Tooth 183 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 177 2
- trading or dormant 116 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 121 1
- tax credits 136 5
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 568 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 275 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 121 1
- Foreign income for self employed 138 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 876
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 518
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 330
- How to format a stock book 312
- Tax efficient holding company structure 245
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 241
- Investment property company accounts template 226
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 219
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 191
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 166