Income from Kickboxing Competitions
An existing client sole trader has told us he also competes in Kickboxing competitions.
He says he has won 6 fights earning a total of £1,200.
I don't think this is a trade.
However, I do think it is taxable income - although we could reduce profit by deduction of expenses.
Any thoughts please?
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 117 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,040 47
- CGT on lost shares/scam 367 4
- Setting up a practice 360 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 481 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 437 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 254 1
- Love is in the air 525 6
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 653 17
- Stamp Duty 294 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 238 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,802 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 574 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 250 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 262 9
- Client Paperwork Retention? 571 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 581 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 377 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 395 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 455 6
- DTA tie-breaker issue 300
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 289
- CGT for NOn UK residents 280
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 276
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 254
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 240
- Apprenticeship Levy 236
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 225
- Capital Gains personal representatives 220
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 208