Income from Kickboxing Competitions
An existing client sole trader has told us he also competes in Kickboxing competitions.
He says he has won 6 fights earning a total of £1,200.
I don't think this is a trade.
However, I do think it is taxable income - although we could reduce profit by deduction of expenses.
Any thoughts please?
- Mileage claim 172 9
- Auto-Enrolment 3,596 174
- Proof of Delivery 203 8
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 76 4
- Partially exempt? 122 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 518 1
- OBK 330 13
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 326 8
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 225 9
- Property expense - legal fees 148 3
- Research expenses for authors 274 6
- Investor exit 81 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 129 3
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 243 4
- Accounting for a VAT Group 123 3
- Xero (another cloud system) and your year end accounts file 140 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,705 25
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 423 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,767 588
- Rental Income Tax Planning 146 2
- Skandia using wrong address 459
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 268
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 246
- Employee rewards 245
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 214
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 198
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 187
- Etax Australian 158
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 148