Income for tax credits - mileage allowance
A client works through her own ltd company as a driving instructor. Income at present is low but improving and has been subsidised by other part time work.
A small salary is drawn plus mileage allowance at the 45p a mile rate as the car is not currently owned by the company.
She has been informed by the tax credit office that the mileage allowance should be included as part of her income for their purposes. I checked this with the agents helpline and after some discussion their end they agreed although they thought the allowances had to be included on the P11d and were taxable. They were confused when I told them this was not the case.
Any guidance would be helpful.
- flat rate scheme 832 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 598 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 127 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 247 1
- CIS online 162 3
- Class IV NIC 187 3
- bookkeeping system 211 4
- Company van paid by director 119 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,574 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 255 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 141 3
- Private company division 119 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 309 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 645 7
- Split year treatment ? 131 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 286 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 114 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 210 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 260 3
- Special dividends & CGT 314 2