Income Tax Losses - Can someone claim an investment loss in a LTD against PAYE?

Is it acceptable on a self assessment tax return to claim losses on winding up an ltd company under "Have you made any income tax losses in the year?"

For instance if someone is a regular PAYE employee with a company and seperately a director of an LTD ...invests in the LTD company....which fails and is closed. Can the loss from the investment in the LTD be applied as an "income tax loss" against the PAYE return?

There are 2 comments. Login or register to view them.


occca |

Negligible value claim

cfield |
cfield's picture