Income Tax Relief on Subscriber shares but insolvent balance sheet
Client has transferred his shares to a fellow director for no consideration. I am happy that this is the market value of the shares.
He has subscribed for the shares over a number of years, firstly on incorporation and then 2-3 years later when the company needed to raise some money.
I am content that he can get relief under s131 ITA 2007 for the original subscription but then 2-3 years down the line, the company balance sheet is insolvent, so in my mind the shares are worthless when he subscribes for them. I appreciate that he has a monetary loss but I'm not sure that the further subscriptions are allowable for capital losses in this case.
I seem to remember having this argument with HMRC some years ago but my superior tells me to this is an allowable loss.
Any help would be appreciated.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 331 6
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 84 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 325 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 153 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 212 4
- Rental property company 108 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 306 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 262 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 384 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 158 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 197 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 148 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 493 5
- Director's tax return 401 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 184 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,139 34
- Flat rate vat 242 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 197 5
- Coming in from the cold 393 3
- Splitting the tax year 194 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 822
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 572
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 438
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 320
- Free Tax Legislation? 293
- Director Loan account operation 272
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 261
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 259
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 236
- Paye procedures for CVA 179