Income Tax Relief on Subscriber shares but insolvent balance sheet
Client has transferred his shares to a fellow director for no consideration. I am happy that this is the market value of the shares.
He has subscribed for the shares over a number of years, firstly on incorporation and then 2-3 years later when the company needed to raise some money.
I am content that he can get relief under s131 ITA 2007 for the original subscription but then 2-3 years down the line, the company balance sheet is insolvent, so in my mind the shares are worthless when he subscribes for them. I appreciate that he has a monetary loss but I'm not sure that the further subscriptions are allowable for capital losses in this case.
I seem to remember having this argument with HMRC some years ago but my superior tells me to this is an allowable loss.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Accounting software for investment holding company 186 2
- Unhappy client over fees 1,465 34
- Profit split /Rent 70 1
- Do HMRC impose harsher penalties on unrepresented taxpayers? 202 2
- Capital Gains Tax and Enhancement 56 1
- Disposal of freehold from Ltd Co to another Ltd in a newly formed group 88 1
- Is it possible and what should be done? 198 2
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 226 5
- Multi user accounting software 146 2
- S455 tax on existing loans on becoming a participator 116 1
- Does QuickBooks Online have aged debtors and creditors reports? 231 2
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 206 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 417 11
- do i need an online accounting software 561 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 122 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 680 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 260 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 1,034 16
- Can you claim part of the AIA and WDAs on the remainder 205 2
- Bank account security - Kashflow 323 4
- NHS finance professionals 793
- Foreign Pension Contribution 478
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 471
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 408
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 375
- IFA income recognition & reporting 281
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 265
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 257
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 211
- FRM claim for travel to training course 206