Income Tax Relief on Subscriber shares but insolvent balance sheet
Client has transferred his shares to a fellow director for no consideration. I am happy that this is the market value of the shares.
He has subscribed for the shares over a number of years, firstly on incorporation and then 2-3 years later when the company needed to raise some money.
I am content that he can get relief under s131 ITA 2007 for the original subscription but then 2-3 years down the line, the company balance sheet is insolvent, so in my mind the shares are worthless when he subscribes for them. I appreciate that he has a monetary loss but I'm not sure that the further subscriptions are allowable for capital losses in this case.
I seem to remember having this argument with HMRC some years ago but my superior tells me to this is an allowable loss.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Recommendations for online payroll software 170 1
- . 138 1
- Accountant Specialization. 240 2
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 201 4
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 152 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 155 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 430 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 72 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 587 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 672 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 114 2
- Freelance/Employee 626 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 172 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 319 6
- Is it just me ... 262 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 279 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 111 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 338 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 220 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,516 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 745
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 352
- Electric Car 288
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 185
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 170
- AIA 164
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 161