I have a client who has a property rental portfolio and wishes to transfer the properties into a limited company. His solicitor is saying stamp duty is payable on this transfer. Is this actually the case, as this seems unfair as he has already paid stamp duty on the original purchase.
The property portfolio is mixed between domestic & business premises.
He also has a schedule D sole trader business.
- TaxCalc Accounts production 111 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 365 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 204 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 398 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 68 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,360 42
- How much of your work is admin? 623 5
- Nominal Ledger 386 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 571 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 187 2
- Old CGT loss 204 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 171 3
- Paper tax return 153 4
- Start up allowance? 376 12
- Will I need to resign? 195 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 246 3
- AIA or IFA 456 7
- Surely not? 460 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 643 9
- Late Registration for VAT 363 11