I have a client who has a property rental portfolio and wishes to transfer the properties into a limited company. His solicitor is saying stamp duty is payable on this transfer. Is this actually the case, as this seems unfair as he has already paid stamp duty on the original purchase.
The property portfolio is mixed between domestic & business premises.
He also has a schedule D sole trader business.
- Where can I get the information for this 361 7
- BrightPay 360 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 196 3
- CGT &LLP 69 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 538 4
- Setting up an offshore company 88 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 183 16
- Secure document exchange 117 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 158 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 390 7
- break even point 162 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 114 3
- Fax to email providers 326 11
- Payroll software 238 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 131 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 141 4
- How to issue shares to investors 86 1
- Expense management software 629 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,106 84
- Tax code 147 1