I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- Do you lose losses on cessation 324 10
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 101 2
- foreign income 96 1
- SA1 Online 47 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 69 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 80 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 332 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 85 1
- White van man 221 8
- Capital allowances offset rule 104 1
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 113 4
- Worried over stock value 131 1
- Start of letting business when property owner took lodgers prior to letting out 116 2
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,295 22
- Mortgage extended on a rental property 116 1
- Is there a risk in helping overseas companies that have no intention of doing business in the UK 199 5
- CGT on sale of Spanish property 167 3
- VAT on leased double cabs 89 1
- Backdate C79? 137 1
- Having a Jan blank moment 209 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 818
- Copy Wanted 542
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 497
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 480
- Latest phishing scam 335
- Entrepreneurs' relief 308
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 279
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 271
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 270
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 177