I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 49 2
- How much of your work is admin? 1,141 10
- Cocaine anyone? 247 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,483 22
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 845 26
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 287 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 478 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 261 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 339 11
- Tax return software for remote working 489 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 568 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 461 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 454 9
- How to purchase business premises? 185 2
- Will I need to resign? 846 10
- Childcare vouchers 200 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 280 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 301 6
- VAT avoidance? 249 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 200 3
- Hive up 477
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 440
- corporate hierarchy 418
- Advice - 250
- Amortisation of Goodwill 225
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 213
- WWOOFers 206
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 185
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 183