I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- Statutory sick pay 333 5
- payroll software 394 5
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 153 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 249 5
- client threatening legal action 2,119 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 141 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 165 1
- Instant CPD offer 297 4
- Cash basis 536 13
- Income from rent charged to business 167 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 457 5
- Dividend in specie 374 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 231 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 184 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 152 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 282 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 300 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 180 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 438 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,863 27
- Skandia using wrong address 585
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 312
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 311
- Employee rewards 293
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 261
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 232
- Etax Australian 193
- LLP in Construction Industry 158
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 135