I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- Tech Champion of the Year 254 6
- Xmas party 114 1
- Just because it's Friday 284 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,360 66
- Inheritance Tax - Simple Question 148 4
- Non-resident employer & employee 107 4
- Capital Allowances 152 4
- equipment rental 219 10
- Acquisition by company 115 5
- Non sequitur 540 7
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 1,497 23
- R&D on products not sold 100 3
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 913 13
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 197 4
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 644 9
- Transfer of land to family members 97 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 590 11
- The process of issuing dividend? 212 6
- Not registered for VAT. Germany wants proof! 238 5
- Pattern for CTA 323 7
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,366
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 437
- Alphabet shares 240
- Agent fees to sell business 231
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 228
- Charge out rates in London 184
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 169
- which entity 151
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 142
- confusion about 141