I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 840 37
- Pension Contributions Relief 381 12
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 418 18
- Furnished lettings criteria 188 2
- Is this fraud? 372 6
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 77 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 778 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,471 31
- Saying goodbye 465 13
- Tax on private fuel for own car 210 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 1,015 11
- Flat rate scheme 209 3
- Drop box Storage 218 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 284 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,199 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 624 4
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 422 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 167 2
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 139 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 206 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,276
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 456
- National Insurance 353
- Non Resident 270
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 262
- Franchise income and costs 242
- Hands on experience of Digita 205
- Employer's Helpline 150
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 147
- employment capital allowances 140