I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 337 16
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 395 13
- Who can wind up a Promissory Trust? 54 1
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 187 2
- MAAT signing off ACCA PER? 270 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 180 1
- tax insider 291 4
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 418 13
- Auto-Enrolment 201 3
- Annual subs 163 2
- Statement of Earnings, no P45 149 2
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 178 2
- Mileage and Self Assessment 156 1
- ICAEW professional subscription and tax implications 220 4
- CGT Relief on Share Sale in LTD company 334 5
- Problems filing paper copies of accounts / computations with HMRC 495 9
- Payroll Manager not reoprting properly 319 7
- Directors remuneration declared after year end PAYE/NIC 605 25
- Advice please on best way forward 443 6
- I received penalty as I didn't submit full payment submission (fps), how to correct it? 347 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,410
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 721
- Any views 660
- HMRC Employers Diary 493
- International interest certificate 409
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 367
- Sale of business 313
- NOVA 224
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 219
- Advertising services? 217