I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 146 6
- VAT Option to tax 450 17
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 187 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 124 2
- Director leaving in month 1 106 2
- Ex Gratia payments 65 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 245 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 147 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 185 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 180 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 165 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 46 1
- EIS - connection through employment 93 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 240 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 53 1
- CIS and Close Company 92 2
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 227 4
- Secondment expenses 152 3
- Is VAT payable on insurance claims received ?? 124 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 139 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 906
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 637
- Free Tax Legislation? 401
- Director Loan account operation 396
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 333
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 318
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 222
- Paye procedures for CVA 217
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 182