I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- HMRC Information notice 950 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 232 3
- Accountant Specialization. 334 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 177 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 102 1
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,280 29
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,703 42
- Sage Line 50 150 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 124 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 398 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 379 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 150 1
- Freelance/Employee 686 17
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 184 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 188 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 497 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 130 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 615 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 717 5
- Agent Authorisation Issue 223 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 750
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 409
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 294
- S222 Charge 242
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 177
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 171
- AIA 171