I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- Is practising Certificate needed 104 3
- Wednesday rant 295 1
- RTI - new employee 42 1
- Profit split on buy-to let 292 5
- S455 370 15
- Overseas Sales 528 1
- Fax to email providers 387 14
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 92 3
- Which PayPal transactions can I ignore? 207 2
- Sage at it again? 237 2
- HMRC Tribunal PAYE. 180 1
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 472 13
- Filing Corporation Tax Return for a company that only has investment income 182 1
- Output tax for retailer 94 4
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 432 7
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 946 9
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,409 32
- Is this a scam? 1,344 23
- Question for FreeAgent users 218 7
- VAT silly question 2,235 50
- Benchmarking 461
- Possible Partnership? 406
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 394
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 373
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 315
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 188
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 170
- Income tax on foreign dividends 164
- Clubs and Taxable Income 162
- Agent Registration - How Long? 162