I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 60 2
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 2,009 28
- VAT on cashback card handling fee 147 2
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 281 11
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 654 21
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 562 10
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 654 4
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,254 45
- practice planning 188 3
- Accounts Software 735 19
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 505 14
- Dividend Vouchers 391 5
- Gift to employee 422 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 179 3
- MS Surface Pro 3 178 2
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,129 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 198 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 167 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,684 10
- Which address 1,091 12
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 494
- CTA study material 470
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 344
- Pre incorp expenses 329
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 278
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 269
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 217
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 173
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 145
- Employment related securities question 131