I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 165 5
- Virtually Impossible 196 5
- Transfer of stock 25 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 33 1
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 260 5
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 1,068 8
- Newly Started Practice 550 12
- SSP days and Holidays 119 2
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 494 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 329 7
- error on companies house accounts 505 14
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,505 113
- Is there a reporting requirement? 132 1
- Clients 382 6
- Home to Office 251 5
- Investment property? 175 3
- Property income 146 2
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 100 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 232 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 167 2
- QROP pension input amounts 485
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 459
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 427
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- EPS and CIS deductions 274
- Construction CIS LLP Company 259
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 222
- SAGE winforecast 189
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 182
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174