I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- Property sale split between years 250 10
- Capital introduction 201 6
- CIS Deductions 308 9
- Inheritance Tax Advice 216 3
- Tax on selling a sole trader business 161 8
- Final accounts - procedure 95 1
- Accountex flash mob 266 7
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,198 28
- What are the tax implications of bringing funds into the UK from abroad? 234 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 356 10
- Group structure - transfer of shares 67 2
- Classes 2 and 4 NI for sole trader also employed 172 3
- Cycle to work 123 1
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 759 17
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 150 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,287 36
- Direct payment schene 123 4
- Employment Allowance 104 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 238 7
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,156 37
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 644
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 407
- Pensions Regulator 379
- RTI - duplicate employee record 330
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 325
- Using the correct forms 300
- SA penalty proposals 298
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 282
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 194