I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- directors loan 234 7
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 806 27
- Director registration for SA question 241 11
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 207 3
- New Company reviews please 451 12
- Business only use of company car 600 23
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 334 4
- CIS not deducted 298 5
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 370 14
- Car Capital Contribution 180 2
- cgt quoted shares losses 197 1
- LLP and corporate members - timing differences impact on corp tax 76 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 207 3
- Money Laundering Manual 255 10
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 351 8
- VAT with Russia 116 1
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,036 28
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 199 2
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,150 9
- CGT on Let Property 234 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 278
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 234
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 234
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 208
- Any thoughts on Capium? 194
- Expenses Software 189
- auto enrolment 175
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- How to account for investment in JV? 146
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 145