I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- are receipts needed? 260 8
- How to? 99 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 113 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 564 19
- New accountant 320 6
- Loss Relief 86 1
- Tax case reference request 165 2
- Working out a daily rate 242 6
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 156 2
- Amending prior year accounts for the first time? 1,395 25
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 479 6
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 103 2
- Loan notes payment of principal and interest 97 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 207 2
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 219 5
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 470 27
- Sage 50 202 2
- sole trader - operating under cis 241 7
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,985 65
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 802 28
- Skandia using wrong address 1,582
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 880
- International interest certificate 491
- NOVA 344
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 267
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 252
- Management expenses for investment company 239
- Bonus Bonds 234
- Help with tax codes on Sage 183
- Capital reduction 169