I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- inheritance tax 137 6
- Sole properietor 317 5
- Legal title not in the company name 603 17
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 94 2
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,261 10
- Pay in Lieu of notice 171 6
- Doctor and Locum Work 177 3
- Farm barn lettings 161 3
- Capital payments offshore trust 73 1
- Gift with reservation, IHT & CGT 104 1
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 113 2
- Unreimbursed employee expenses 189 1
- Deduction from Salary 482 11
- State pension 170 1
- NALS Accountants Report 299 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 262 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,140 40
- CIC Company 622 11
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 290 6
- This is getting boring 507 10
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 633
- Cancelled 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 350
- Cancelled 327
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 300
- Probiz 290
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 263
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 247
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 218
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 195