I have a client who's thinking of incorporating from sole trade - so I just have a few questions!
Am I right in saying that if he started trading after 1 April 2002 then goodwill is allowable for CT deduction?
How do you go about putting a value to goodwill and then agreeing it with HMRC?
He also owns quite a large garage (worth about £70k) so presumably the title of this would need to be transferred to the company?
Any help much appreciated!
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 78 2
- Error on SA Tax Return 40 1
- Drector renting room to company 42 1
- Off site storage 121 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 559 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 220 7
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,115 44
- Industrial & Provident Societies 341 1
- Irish Taxation 110 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 489 5
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 213 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 307 4
- Self assesment losses 300 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 161 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 161 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 109 2
- Joint Property rent 165 3
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 257 1
- Fee protection 895 16
- Overdrawn DLA 281 9
- Xtuple 561
- Qtac payroll for bureau 384
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 338
- Domain name sale and limited company 227
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 209
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 205
- Investment 203
- Tax on damages received 177
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 169
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 142