Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- VAT on part of a closed pub 28 1
- Pension contributions limits 213 10
- Flat rate vat error 114 3
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 194 5
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,749 36
- Tax residence 115 3
- VAT on nightclub vouchers 81 4
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 286 7
- Which software for practice books? 396 17
- Seed EIS company 68 2
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 143 7
- EC TAX 50 1
- Write off of former director's loan 310 7
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 85 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 97 1
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 542 10
- Illegal dividends and prior year accounts errors 274 6
- Pension contributions > £50k BRB effect 93 2
- VAT enquiry 166 2
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 503 15
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 662
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 490
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 454
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 279
- How to format a stock book 239
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 199
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 194
- Tax efficient holding company structure 183
- Investment property company accounts template 173
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 166