Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- BVI registered 123 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 262 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,587 17
- A little knowledge 326 6
- Digita in the cloud 137 2
- Tax relief when working away 63 1
- Anybody still doing returns? 952 36
- Self assessment for directors 94 1
- Tax relief when working away 167 3
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,307 20
- Designated sole Residence 245 5
- Scratch Head 342 1
- Year end 265 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 321 13
- Clothing 633 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 164 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 196 5
- Identity check problem 1,519 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 241 1
- Capital allowances on Software 242 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 963
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 687
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 632
- Latest phishing scam 612
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 449
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 333
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 266
- Sabbatical payments 227
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 221
- Negligible Value Claim 205