Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- SA302 168 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 98 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,035 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 248 2
- Dental practice incorpration 109 1
- Audit rules 153 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 224 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 816 20
- Go Cardless 265 8
- business entertaining deductibility 125 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 139 2
- R & D 102 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 79 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 109 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 157 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 151 1
- New Business Registration 213 5
- Hosted email exchange 134 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 151 1
- G P life time allowance 120 3
- Xtuple 501
- Qtac payroll for bureau 335
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 280
- Industrial & Provident Societies 276
- Mehjoo 220
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 218
- New strategic report 170
- Domain name sale and limited company 159
- South African Government Pension 155
- CIS schemes 150