Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 262 5
- See you all on the other side 465 6
- 12Pay 205 2
- dividends 249 2
- R&D 186 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,033 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 331 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 236 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 177 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 425 5
- Seeking a tax case 444 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 311 4
- Companies house strike off 260 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 224 2
- Moving to the cloud 658 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 179 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 788 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 165 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,014 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 372 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 530
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 400
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 357
- IRIS and FRS 102 333
- Capitalising Finance Lease 297
- USA help 295
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 258
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 254
- Capital gains on rental property 237
- Sage Coretime 220