Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- Professional coaching claimable? 51 1
- Sage instant account codes 107 1
- Networking 106 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 263 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 156 1
- Turnover on a tax return 281 8
- incorrect old p60 446 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 300 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,930 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 280 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 246 3
- VAT refund 170 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 255 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 266 3
- Missing tax return 390 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,126 30
- Inflation and fees 1,408 24
- Sage Priority Support 190 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 307 1