Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- Overpayment relief claim 128 5
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 115 9
- Charity reserves 121 3
- Have i messed up? 608 10
- rates of pay query 179 2
- Year end 332 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 184 3
- Comments on this scenario 61 1
- Related Parties Note 406 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 72 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 117 4
- loss on carbon credits 96 2
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 554 9
- SAGE con 176 3
- Dazed & confused 160 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 230 2
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 227 9
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,534 63
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 510 28
- Aggressive HMRC 1,529 16
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,004
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 543
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 359
- Tax efficient holding company structure 286
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 271
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 209
- Charge out rates in London? 208
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 180
- Personal consumption by landlord 178
- Interest on Loan to a Company 172