Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- VAT registration threshold 576 21
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 655 16
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 251 5
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 132 1
- First RTI P45 118 1
- Company Takeover Accounting policies 30 1
- EC VAT registration - place of supply 78 2
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 116 1
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 152 2
- Gross sales to purchases 144 1
- I know ... 1,249 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 692 18
- Tax on principal private residence 234 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 236 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 263 2
- Personal pension contributions 262 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 331 4
- RTI Filing 954 20
- Staff entertaining or not? 272 3
- Sole Trader Start Up- Employment Help 404 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 703
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 471
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 309
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 281
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 247
- growth voucher supplier 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 189
- VAT on Gaming Machines 171
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 159
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 156