Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- Partnership Tax Return Deadline 24 1
- Can I claim mileage? 98 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 176 9
- client threatening legal action 1,813 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 691 8
- Partially exempt? 243 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 93 1
- First VAT Visit for client 241 4
- Dividend in specie 235 7
- Lorry Drivers 147 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 128 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 111 1
- Mexican student in UK 121 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 201 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 306 12
- payroll software 148 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,057 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 127 1
- Pricing 337 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 257 5
- Skandia using wrong address 491
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 279
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 274
- Employee rewards 258
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 228
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 218
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 218
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 215
- Etax Australian 173
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 161