Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- Newly Started Practice 670 13
- Who is this White Bull you lot keep referring to? 557 15
- Sage Payroll 136 2
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 183 3
- UK Accountancy Franchise 226 4
- PAYROLL - SAGE v Microsoft Payroll Manager 134 1
- Clients 722 15
- Simplified auto enrolment? 197 2
- Tax and children 151 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 566 8
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 391 16
- Directors obligation to notify 116 1
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 270 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 173 1
- Starting new accounting business 335 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 158 4
- error on companies house accounts 765 18
- RTI penalties 149 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 324 5
- US Sales Tax 116 1
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 483
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 446
- EPS and CIS deductions 304
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 292
- Construction CIS LLP Company 285
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 250
- SAGE winforecast 205
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 188
- Overdrawn director account 177