Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 49 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,711 65
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 232 7
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 366 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 267 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 226 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 898 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 179 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 108 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 192 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 394 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 335 9
- Merging my businesses 142 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,725 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 518 16
- VAT on commercial property 153 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,050 49
- deceased creditor 211 5
- Corporate member of LLP 281 1
- Investment company 275 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 782
- RTI - duplicate employee record 539
- Pensions Regulator 445
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 405
- Sage Vat return box 2 308
- Sanzar 306
- Digital marketing focus group 289
- How do you do it 280
- Portia ... Where art thou 273
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 260