Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- More HMRC on gov.uk 19 1
- Interflora florist 26 1
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 269 6
- Directors loan accounts 401 10
- Income Self employed 529 8
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,149 22
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 250 7
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 333 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 255 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 109 2
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 208 1
- Employed clients and expenses 796 14
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,035 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 701 29
- Taxfiler V's BTC 913 34
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 542 18
- I.d for vat registration 276 10
- Bookkeping software 905 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 298 9
- Auto Enrolment set up 352 2
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 541
- NOVA 489
- Bonus Bonds 375
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 354
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 275
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 239
- Friendly Pensions 170
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 157
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 140
- Finance Lease 140