Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- HMRC Information notice 958 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 241 3
- Accountant Specialization. 341 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 182 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 111 1
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,289 29
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,709 42
- Sage Line 50 155 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 130 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 407 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 382 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 152 1
- Freelance/Employee 692 17
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 184 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 189 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 499 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 130 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 617 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 719 5
- Agent Authorisation Issue 227 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 750
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 409
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 296
- S222 Charge 242
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 177
- AIA 171
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 171