Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 323 8
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 230 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 489 11
- HMRC Property campaign 760 10
- Estate agent and VAT registration 179 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 85 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 346 12
- CIC Company 475 4
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 81 1
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 116 1
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 520 8
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,923 48
- Small company audit 278 8
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 218 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 229 5
- Problem partnership fees 144 1
- Car financed by employee 131 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 135 1
- Undisclosed income 226 3
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 311 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 608
- Cancelled 355
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 337
- Cancelled 291
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 263
- Probiz 250
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 206
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 195
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 191
- Car leasing scheme 188