Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- How much to charge 256 4
- How to pay national insurance 198 8
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 201 4
- Government Gateway 989 16
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,566 11
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 193 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 76 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 100 2
- P11D Rejection 379 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 533 14
- Selling a practice 359 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,286 20
- Incapable of reading 152 1
- Overlap relief 466 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 141 1
- Dormant payroll 845 9
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 161 1
- "Can your client afford the following" 1,356 21
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 631 13
- PPR exemption on separation 153 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 346
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 338
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 311
- Perkbox 275
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 244
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 243
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 242
- Document Management Systems 216
- WIP Software 201