Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 173 2
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 513 19
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 170 2
- Old CGT loss 181 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 105 3
- Paper tax return 123 4
- Start up allowance? 356 12
- Will I need to resign? 129 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,340 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 234 3
- AIA or IFA 445 7
- Surely not? 437 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 631 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 365 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 354 7
- Late Registration for VAT 355 11
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 264 5
- Nominal Ledger 358 10
- Share structures 147 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,157 19