Incorporation relief under s. 162 TCGA - definition of 'business'
Do readers have experience of the definition of a business for incorporation relief purposes.
We have a partnership owning a large portfolio of residential and commercial property. They work full time collecting rents, and organising repairs. In some instances they are very hands on with repairs themselves. They have an office and it is a full time job.
Is this a business for s.162 purposes?
Does it make a difference if partnership rental income was shown as rental income in individual partners tax returns rather than a partnership trade? ie no NIC's have been paid therefore it does not look like a business to me.
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 365 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,178 30
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 145 4
- New Company reviews please 632 16
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,079 33
- Business only use of company car 745 27
- Voluntary Disclosure 398 8
- Gift to son by parents 167 1
- valuation of vehicles 492 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 287 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 180 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 409 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 465 4
- BTC is slow 311 3
- Director registration for SA question 533 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 473 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 520 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 528 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 367 4
- VAT with Russia 287 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 323
- Any thoughts on Capium? 261
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 258
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 248
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 228
- auto enrolment 200
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 186
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 172
- How to account for investment in JV? 165
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 159