Increasing share capital
UK company with one shareholder has healthy retained profits and for commercial reasons wants to increase its share capital as current share capital is stated at £100. Is a stock dividend preferable to a cash dividend followed by reinvestment? If yes on what basis - is it just a case of it requiring less paperwork and cash movements are not required? What are the procedures for declaring a stock dividend - the same as a normal dividend?
Is there an obvious alternative method that would enable a corporation tax deduction for the company?
Many thanks for any advice.
- VAT refund 50 1
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 175 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 144 1
- incorrect old p60 347 8
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 229 3
- Missing tax return 348 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,081 30
- Inflation and fees 1,386 24
- Sage Priority Support 176 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 201 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 830 24
- Micro-entity accounts 230 1
- Related party disclosure 209 3
- Company reconstruction 140 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 236 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 153 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 175 1
- Advice please! 421 2
- VAT on new builds 189 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 151 1