A request for some advice, pointers and guides to an individual migrating abroad to a non-EU country?
I have a somewhat basic knowledge of R, OR & Domiciled rules and are currently brushing up on the HMRC website.
Thought it would be a good idea to get some pointers / guides / advice before I tackle the task head on :) I'm going to explain below the situation so if you can offer any notes on the content would be greatly appreciated!
The individual (say Mr. A) is migrating overseas for a period of 3+ years and is uncertain on whether he would wish to return to the UK after this period. The date of migration is likely to be Aug 12, thus (to my understanding) he will not be resident for the tax year 12/13 as spending <183 days of the tax year in the UK. What routes / issues should I be considering for tax planning purposes?
Also, as his intention is to remain abroad from the UK for 3+ years he will cease being R and OR from date of departure regardless. I am unsure on what his domiciled status will be - likely NON-Domiciled as no permament residence in the UK (I am researching this further). Is this correct?
Mr. A will likely wish to make voluntary NI contributions over this period in case he desires to return to the UK thus protect his right to a full state pension - can he do this or would it be interpreted as an intention to return to the UK (even if abroad for > 3 years)?
Only bank accounts (ISAs) will remain in the UK. I understand any UK income is assessed on an arising basis. Can he continue to invest in an ISA from abroad if N-R and N-OR? Will the interest become taxable if the decides to leave the investments in the UK?
Thanks for any advice in this matter. Any 'approach' guides would be greatly appreciated!
- What taxes must employers pay in Continental Europe? e.g. Germany and France 91 1
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 326 10
- Travel costs and contractors 263 3
- vat help for catering concession 139 3
- Employee works in UK paid by Denmark and uses company car from another business 38 1
- RTI and Directors' salaries 146 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 203 3
- Importers 107 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 275 4
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 250 4
- dfgd fget 117 1
- More AE! 231 6
- New business - journal entries 610 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 213 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 67 1
- aia 123 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 446 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 457 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 253 5
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 266 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 990
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 744
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 431
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 249
- Digita Hosted Software 248
- Social investment tax relief 243
- Call Centre Data Costs 229
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 183
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 147
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 137