Inlaws live in France - do I put UK pension on their UK return?
My inlaws moved to france several years ago and complete both French & UK tax returns (I do their uK return, a french accountant does the French side of things).
They are in a business partnership (UK based) with their sons. They receive income from this partnership, plus they also receive UK state and private pensions.
Do I need to include their UK pension income on their UK return? A french accountant I spoke to said that they 'take their pension to france with them' and therefore it appears on their French return & not their UK one... is he correct? I have been including their UK partnership income AND their UK pensions on their UK returns, and they appear to be taxed on the pension income twice - both in the UK and in France.
Should I be leaving this pension income off of their UK return?
Many thanks in advance....
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,387 63
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 335 12
- Tax Penalty overeaction 579 11
- calculate mortgage interest 120 1
- Auto enrolment 1,645 27
- AIA 206 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 587 27
- Depreciation 165 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 137 3
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 225 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 184 3
- client can't/won't pay 453 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 206 6
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 258 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 271 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,195 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 279 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 221 5
- HMRC SA software error? 191 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 180 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 793
- Copy Wanted 507
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 465
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 457
- Latest phishing scam 296
- Entrepreneurs' relief 284
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 277
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 258
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 246
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 243