Inlaws live in France - do I put UK pension on their UK return?
My inlaws moved to france several years ago and complete both French & UK tax returns (I do their uK return, a french accountant does the French side of things).
They are in a business partnership (UK based) with their sons. They receive income from this partnership, plus they also receive UK state and private pensions.
Do I need to include their UK pension income on their UK return? A french accountant I spoke to said that they 'take their pension to france with them' and therefore it appears on their French return & not their UK one... is he correct? I have been including their UK partnership income AND their UK pensions on their UK returns, and they appear to be taxed on the pension income twice - both in the UK and in France.
Should I be leaving this pension income off of their UK return?
Many thanks in advance....
- 27,000 Really? 888 26
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,195 65
- Deduction from Salary 614 15
- inheritance tax 343 11
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 401 5
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 243 7
- Group Audit Thresholds 339 10
- One off meeting new client 1,661 16
- Legal title not in the company name 743 22
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 255 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 524 4
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 185 3
- NALS Accountants Report 341 5
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,230 44
- Farm barn lettings 226 4
- Are Locum Optician Travel Costs Allowable? 295 4
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 196 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 289 7
- Sole properietor 413 7
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,595 12
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 392
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 352
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 305
- Probiz 298
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 276
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 256
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 196