Inlaws live in France - do I put UK pension on their UK return?
My inlaws moved to france several years ago and complete both French & UK tax returns (I do their uK return, a french accountant does the French side of things).
They are in a business partnership (UK based) with their sons. They receive income from this partnership, plus they also receive UK state and private pensions.
Do I need to include their UK pension income on their UK return? A french accountant I spoke to said that they 'take their pension to france with them' and therefore it appears on their French return & not their UK one... is he correct? I have been including their UK partnership income AND their UK pensions on their UK returns, and they appear to be taxed on the pension income twice - both in the UK and in France.
Should I be leaving this pension income off of their UK return?
Many thanks in advance....
- Fee base v staff ratio 21 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 309 4
- Undeclared rental income 2,060 21
- Debtor/creditor set-off 35 1
- Cash basis 349 10
- Statutory sick pay 186 3
- Redundancy payment added to p45 321 2
- Overseas bank interest 186 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 137 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 334 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 188 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 293 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,920 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,334 12
- Lorry Drivers 384 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 256 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,710 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 167 1
- PRR 598 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 223 2
- Skandia using wrong address 539
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 292
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 288
- Employee rewards 280
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 252
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 245
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 234
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 217
- Etax Australian 178
- LLP in Construction Industry 142