Inlaws live in France - do I put UK pension on their UK return?
My inlaws moved to france several years ago and complete both French & UK tax returns (I do their uK return, a french accountant does the French side of things).
They are in a business partnership (UK based) with their sons. They receive income from this partnership, plus they also receive UK state and private pensions.
Do I need to include their UK pension income on their UK return? A french accountant I spoke to said that they 'take their pension to france with them' and therefore it appears on their French return & not their UK one... is he correct? I have been including their UK partnership income AND their UK pensions on their UK returns, and they appear to be taxed on the pension income twice - both in the UK and in France.
Should I be leaving this pension income off of their UK return?
Many thanks in advance....
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 233 8
- Pre- trading Expenses 71 1
- IRIS Practice Management 124 1
- Was I rude 765 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 176 5
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 165 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 296 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 240 1
- Top slicing relief question 230 2
- Valuation of PET on death 109 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 263 6
- Share swap 289 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 88 1
- Online filing 157 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 329 13
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,711 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 105 2
- Converting a barn for business use 98 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 239 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 125 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,477
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 813
- Any views 728
- International interest certificate 445
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 418
- Sale of business 388
- NOVA 282
- IRIS Open Books problem 280
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 197
- Expenses claim for non employee 188