Inlaws live in France - do I put UK pension on their UK return?
My inlaws moved to france several years ago and complete both French & UK tax returns (I do their uK return, a french accountant does the French side of things).
They are in a business partnership (UK based) with their sons. They receive income from this partnership, plus they also receive UK state and private pensions.
Do I need to include their UK pension income on their UK return? A french accountant I spoke to said that they 'take their pension to france with them' and therefore it appears on their French return & not their UK one... is he correct? I have been including their UK partnership income AND their UK pensions on their UK returns, and they appear to be taxed on the pension income twice - both in the UK and in France.
Should I be leaving this pension income off of their UK return?
Many thanks in advance....
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 82 1
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 72 2
- Cocaine anyone? 430 8
- Late Registration for VAT 463 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 147 11
- EIS/SEIS 123 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 254 1
- You know its over 169 2
- TaxCalc Accounts production 386 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 387 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 652 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 522 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 541 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 72 1
- Personal pension 387 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 212 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,192 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 891 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 117 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,503 22
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 443
- corporate hierarchy 426
- Advice - 261
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 216
- WWOOFers 212
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 199
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 190
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 169
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 165