Inlaws live in France - do I put UK pension on their UK return?
My inlaws moved to france several years ago and complete both French & UK tax returns (I do their uK return, a french accountant does the French side of things).
They are in a business partnership (UK based) with their sons. They receive income from this partnership, plus they also receive UK state and private pensions.
Do I need to include their UK pension income on their UK return? A french accountant I spoke to said that they 'take their pension to france with them' and therefore it appears on their French return & not their UK one... is he correct? I have been including their UK partnership income AND their UK pensions on their UK returns, and they appear to be taxed on the pension income twice - both in the UK and in France.
Should I be leaving this pension income off of their UK return?
Many thanks in advance....
- Annual Report - How to? 15 1
- Quote for client 241 6
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 269 6
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 264 10
- Investment property? 555 4
- error on companies house accounts 900 20
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 174 3
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 994 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 106 2
- Client's company struck off 1,806 21
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 83 1
- Refurbised Pub 165 4
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 175 4
- Directors obligation to notify 384 6
- Tax relief in respect of rental property/withdrawing of capital 87 2
- ATED on a hotel that isn't in use? 105 1
- Tax and children 325 2
- Moneysoft update problem 258 4
- HMRC stupidity of the day 594 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 861 7
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 516
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 452
- EPS and CIS deductions 319
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 302
- Construction CIS LLP Company 293
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 277
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 223
- SAGE winforecast 213
- Overdrawn director account 201
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 199