Inlaws live in France - do I put UK pension on their UK return?
My inlaws moved to france several years ago and complete both French & UK tax returns (I do their uK return, a french accountant does the French side of things).
They are in a business partnership (UK based) with their sons. They receive income from this partnership, plus they also receive UK state and private pensions.
Do I need to include their UK pension income on their UK return? A french accountant I spoke to said that they 'take their pension to france with them' and therefore it appears on their French return & not their UK one... is he correct? I have been including their UK partnership income AND their UK pensions on their UK returns, and they appear to be taxed on the pension income twice - both in the UK and in France.
Should I be leaving this pension income off of their UK return?
Many thanks in advance....
- Unhappy client over fees 637 17
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 109 6
- Foreign Dividends: UK tax credit 203 4
- What VAT rate 53 2
- Staff commissions 52 1
- ACCA student with study package 71 1
- Company Van - Classic vehicle 220 4
- IHT nil band transfer 343 8
- Share capital netted off against lossess 275 6
- Student Loan Repayments 117 1
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 566 12
- how do I find out if a building has VAT Option to Tax in place? 317 7
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 945 11
- Two sole traders working at same shop 284 2
- IR35 mechanics 126 1
- CGT - contract conditional? 206 3
- Eligibility to FRS VAT 139 1
- NI PAYE working out from net amount 447 18
- VAT dergistration confirmation? 325 5
- Auto Enrolment Through Nest 446 5
- NHS finance professionals 770
- Foreign Pension Contribution 456
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 449
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 389
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 353
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 339
- Incorporating doctors 325
- IFA income recognition & reporting 273
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 249
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 236