Inlaws live in France - do I put UK pension on their UK return?
My inlaws moved to france several years ago and complete both French & UK tax returns (I do their uK return, a french accountant does the French side of things).
They are in a business partnership (UK based) with their sons. They receive income from this partnership, plus they also receive UK state and private pensions.
Do I need to include their UK pension income on their UK return? A french accountant I spoke to said that they 'take their pension to france with them' and therefore it appears on their French return & not their UK one... is he correct? I have been including their UK partnership income AND their UK pensions on their UK returns, and they appear to be taxed on the pension income twice - both in the UK and in France.
Should I be leaving this pension income off of their UK return?
Many thanks in advance....
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 16 1
- New business - journal entries 48 2
- Why should I retain membership? 2,424 40
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 228 6
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 143 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 265 16
- Lettings expenses 31 1
- IFA incorporation problems 162 3
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 49 2
- Director's loan account in credit 178 1
- Excel question - how can I easily link to a row of data with gaps between the cells? 666 23
- Excel Help - Check box and hiding cells 301 3
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,366 17
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 313 9
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 153 1
- VAT on digital streaming of my company's music? 153 2
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 217 5
- Does this annoy anyone else ? 3,272 42
- Recharge for private use of a company car 147 2
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 413 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 714
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 695
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 372
- Social investment tax relief 190
- Digita Hosted Software 184
- Call Centre Data Costs 182
- option to tax 166
- VAT on deposits 155
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 141
- Travel costs and contractors 136