Inlaws live in France - do I put UK pension on their UK return?
My inlaws moved to france several years ago and complete both French & UK tax returns (I do their uK return, a french accountant does the French side of things).
They are in a business partnership (UK based) with their sons. They receive income from this partnership, plus they also receive UK state and private pensions.
Do I need to include their UK pension income on their UK return? A french accountant I spoke to said that they 'take their pension to france with them' and therefore it appears on their French return & not their UK one... is he correct? I have been including their UK partnership income AND their UK pensions on their UK returns, and they appear to be taxed on the pension income twice - both in the UK and in France.
Should I be leaving this pension income off of their UK return?
Many thanks in advance....
- vat return 234 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 139 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 151 4
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,007 32
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 162 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 279 4
- Value pricing 691 24
- Reregister for VAT 128 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 196 6
- Weely paid employees 243 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 461 11
- Director's tax return 277 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 210 6
- Wrong career 473 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 281 7
- Laptop purchase 1,386 20
- PTP software disaster 273 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 228 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 102 2
- Tricky VAT question 190 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 796
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 550
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 415
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 293
- Free Tax Legislation? 265
- Director Loan account operation 245
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 239
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159