Inlaws live in France - do I put UK pension on their UK return?
My inlaws moved to france several years ago and complete both French & UK tax returns (I do their uK return, a french accountant does the French side of things).
They are in a business partnership (UK based) with their sons. They receive income from this partnership, plus they also receive UK state and private pensions.
Do I need to include their UK pension income on their UK return? A french accountant I spoke to said that they 'take their pension to france with them' and therefore it appears on their French return & not their UK one... is he correct? I have been including their UK partnership income AND their UK pensions on their UK returns, and they appear to be taxed on the pension income twice - both in the UK and in France.
Should I be leaving this pension income off of their UK return?
Many thanks in advance....
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 253 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,023 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 255 7
- Sage data 91 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 414 9
- Limited company buying a car 351 6
- Funding Circle experience 131 3
- Excel query 94 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,272 13
- Payment on account penalties 103 3
- Tax on free shares 127 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 200 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 121 1
- Audit 481 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 123 3
- Buying a horse?? 421 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 191 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 770 21
- PITA ex-client 268 9
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 365 9
- CTA study material 802
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 493
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 457
- Employment related securities question 321
- AIM Stocks and IHT 308
- Expat pension contributions? 280
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 277
- Trust for Employee 256
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 227
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 160