Inlaws live in France - do I put UK pension on their UK return?
My inlaws moved to france several years ago and complete both French & UK tax returns (I do their uK return, a french accountant does the French side of things).
They are in a business partnership (UK based) with their sons. They receive income from this partnership, plus they also receive UK state and private pensions.
Do I need to include their UK pension income on their UK return? A french accountant I spoke to said that they 'take their pension to france with them' and therefore it appears on their French return & not their UK one... is he correct? I have been including their UK partnership income AND their UK pensions on their UK returns, and they appear to be taxed on the pension income twice - both in the UK and in France.
Should I be leaving this pension income off of their UK return?
Many thanks in advance....
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 443 19
- Is this fraud? 439 9
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 881 39
- Saying goodbye 495 14
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 70 1
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 184 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 638 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 389 12
- Furnished lettings criteria 208 2
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 81 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 785 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,476 31
- Tax on private fuel for own car 214 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 1,028 11
- Flat rate scheme 226 3
- Drop box Storage 228 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 292 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,206 413
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 424 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 184 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,279
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 456
- National Insurance 353
- Non Resident 270
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 262
- Franchise income and costs 242
- Hands on experience of Digita 205
- Employer's Helpline 151
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 148
- employment capital allowances 140