Interest on late payments on account
Is it OK for HMRC to charge interest on late Payments on Account?
Background: Client very late submitting 2010-2011 tax return -- it was submitted in December 2012, a few days before submitting the 2011-2012 return. Therefore, it could be argued that the estimate used for working out the payments on account is irrelevant. Of course, one could argue this or that, but it is what the Tax Management Acts prescribe that is important. Hence the question.
Other information: Client has paid £1,300 in fines.
- Transferring DLA between Directors 131 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,155 13
- Tips on meals 171 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 512 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 150 3
- Personal Tax 725 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 167 2
- Stumped - IHT 135 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 408 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 473 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,282 33
- Credit management tools 138 1
- property capital gains 138 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 393 7
- CGT and primary residence 173 1
- Marriage Allowance 271 3
- S455 and February year ends 329 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 889 18
- Closing down loss-making company 458 5