Interesting job coming up I think...
I have a prospect to see later in the week who says his accounts 'haven't been done for around 5 years' - apparently he used to be in partnership with someone but it was never registered as a partnership, the turnover is high but profit low, AND it's a franchise...
If you heard this from a prospect would you still consider doing the job? I guess it all depends on the state of the book-keeping, that sort of thing, but I think a payment upfront might be in order if I take it on?
What's everyone's experiences of this sort of job?
- TaxCalc Accounts production 114 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 366 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 206 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 399 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 71 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,361 42
- How much of your work is admin? 624 5
- Nominal Ledger 387 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 572 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 188 2
- Old CGT loss 206 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 180 3
- Paper tax return 156 4
- Start up allowance? 378 12
- Will I need to resign? 200 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 246 3
- AIA or IFA 458 7
- Surely not? 462 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 643 9
- Late Registration for VAT 364 11