Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 215 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 21 1
- Starting new accounting business 308 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 144 4
- error on companies house accounts 740 18
- RTI penalties 93 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 516 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 154 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 311 5
- US Sales Tax 112 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 368 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 200 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 150 1
- Group Relief 131 4
- R&D Credits 104 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 253 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 134 2
- Clients 684 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 329 4
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 468 10
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 482
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 445
- EPS and CIS deductions 299
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 291
- Construction CIS LLP Company 285
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 249
- SAGE winforecast 204
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 187
- Overdrawn director account 174