Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- CIS 270 7
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 194 2
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,219 17
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 274 5
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 431 6
- VAT - Medical Staff 169 2
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,131 13
- Really?! 863 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,385 26
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 659 15
- VAT 701/49 query 237 2
- backpack 339 3
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 201 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 285 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 356 8
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 202 3
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 204 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 205 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 175 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 261 6
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 709
- 2015 tax year end 442
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 418
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 361
- Costly Accounting Software contract 317
- Directors' advances and credits 262
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 239
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 224
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 204