Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 269 7
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 594 9
- 31st october deadline 366 6
- Property gift to sister 150 4
- RTI Late Registration query 142 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 218 2
- Payroll software 146 1
- Who gets the CGT deduction 212 2
- Accounting for display stands 231 7
- Companies House Search 300 3
- VAT training 283 4
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 276 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,513 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 322 3
- A Friday Funny. 325 5
- Something for the weekend? 288 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 558 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,252 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,541 26
- Coming out of flat rate 160 1
- NHS finance professionals 709
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 402
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 387
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 384
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 338
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 301
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 279
- IFA income recognition & reporting 224
- Incorporating doctors 219