Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- Schedule A losses 120 1
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 487 8
- Identify cost savings 138 3
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 348 5
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 79 2
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,602 19
- Member meet up 1 October in London 270 7
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 538 11
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 171 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 817 1
- Fees 763 8
- P11D & tax return 270 10
- Freelance/Employee 912 22
- VAT on children's clothing 163 4
- when is a bad debt a bad debt 245 6
- Why do I get the feeling ... 458 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 2,445 50
- Concurrent users 468 7
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 102 1
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 475 8
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 437
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 389
- Electric Car 328
- S222 Charge 266
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 237
- AIA 212
- IP trans to holding company 209
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 200
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 167
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 157