Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- Deleted question? 577 15
- Yorkshire Day 481 32
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,608 52
- SMP reclaimable by employer 238 6
- inflation rate year on year 15 1
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 236 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 311 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 135 6
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 332 15
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 60 1
- E-Magazines and pdfs 134 3
- Late annual return 189 2
- Flat rate VAT 351 8
- corporation tax 464 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,128 29
- Dividend dates 675 13
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 126 2
- Companies House change of shareholding 581 16
- Agent help line - long queues? 189 3
- Company Director In Prison 629 13
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 568
- Cancelled 454
- Cancelled 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 370
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 349
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 252
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 228
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 221
- More spam 178