Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- break even point 507 14
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 68 4
- IHT Query 198 4
- How much to charge? 50 1
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 360 9
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 412 2
- BrightPay 673 22
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 227 3
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 428 8
- Abolish the penalty regime 201 4
- Gift or Capital Gain? 372 11
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 374 8
- SDLT on leases 128 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 383 7
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 947 26
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 306 4
- Statutary sick pay 225 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 318 4
- Director Salary 374 2
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 308 7
- Possible Partnership? 457
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 431
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 422
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 223
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 219
- Clubs and Taxable Income 213
- Income tax on foreign dividends 204
- New Fangled Penalties 200
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 200
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 168