Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- Why should I retain membership? 2,665 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 167 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 323 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 127 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,252 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 389 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,461 18
- Vat 244 4
- CT/CIS offset 119 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 170 4
- Trade name 172 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 129 1
- New business - journal entries 310 20
- B2B vat in the EU 110 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 312 18
- VAT on deposits 204 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 128 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 409 12
- option to tax 204 1
- Share of profits from building society 105 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 783
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 707
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 388
- Social investment tax relief 206
- Digita Hosted Software 199
- Call Centre Data Costs 192
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 159
- Travel costs and contractors 151
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 145
- Certificates of tax deposit 138