Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 478 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 97 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,107 7
- Bereavment payment 87 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 273 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 346 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,295 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 150 2
- Companies House incorporation service 349 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 77 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 151 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 193 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 205 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 267 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 143 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 153 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 133 2
- Trading income or not? 199 1
- Charge HMRC 428 3
- Xtuple 549
- Qtac payroll for bureau 376
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 320
- Industrial & Provident Societies 314
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 292
- CIS schemes 223
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 187
- Investment 187
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178