Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- GP ACCOUNTS 44 1
- last minute request 72 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 347 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 35 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 191 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,116 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 624 6
- Overseas workday relief 127 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 243 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 653 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 80 1
- MVL 249 4
- Disengagement Help! 1,479 22
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 114 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 725 11
- Change PAYE agent address 197 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 83 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 244 4
- AccountingWEB survey 367 4
- An IT question 370 8