Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 533 4
- Wrong career 89 5
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,848 28
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 177 5
- Newsletter 235 5
- RTI Filing 1,754 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 88 1
- Fee's for P11D's 299 5
- Agent with HMRC 238 10
- Quarterly PAYE 233 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 50 1
- reporting salary? 172 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 324 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 273 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 103 3
- Value pricing 589 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 391 1
- Childcare Vouchers 175 3
- Audit Report Query 189 5
- Coming in from the cold 227 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 771
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 524
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 393
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 276
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 218
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 217
- Director Loan account operation 210
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 205
- Free Tax Legislation? 182
- vat return 171