Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 50 2
- Family Partnership 237 6
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 150 4
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 82 2
- flat rate scheme 2,323 47
- Signed accounts for bank 635 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 828 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 287 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 167 5
- VAT Query on new build 98 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 137 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 145 4
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 90 1
- P11D Car Value 258 6
- NOVA declaration 103 1
- Business valuation advice 707 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,506 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,225 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 293 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,108 26