Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- Partnership returns software 110 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 815 18
- Tasks for new trainees 167 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 282 10
- VAT on garage rent 148 9
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 96 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 170 3
- Property scam victim 322 5
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 249 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 64 1
- Have i messed up? 757 11
- Are HMRC getting it right? 425 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 63 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 120 2
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 80 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 86 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 577 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 110 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,658 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 273 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,098
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 578
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 385
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 290
- Charge out rates in London? 246
- Interest on Loan to a Company 191
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 175
- Agent fees to sell business 166
- Alphabet shares 163
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 156