Invoice to uk deliver to eu vat still charged?
Occasionally I source vitamins in bulk supply here in the uk for a company in the EU who is vat registered.
I have dealt with two companies. The first one did not charge vat as I supplied my client vat number with the purchase order, however the second company did.
Typically I get a price from the uk company add my margin and then invoice my client, and supply the vat number of the company I am dealing with. My client then pays the vat on his side. However, recently I received a bill for vat from the second company I used despite following this same procedure. I am not vat registered so cannot claim this back.
They told me that as they have invoiced to me in the uk then I must pay vat. Is means that vat would be paid twice on this one shipment.
How do I legally solve this situation!?
- Any Scottish members out there? 5,939 208
- Trademark Fun 106 5
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,462 38
- Can I strike off a company by filing DS01 online? 131 2
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 161 3
- Subsistence - god I hate it! 638 14
- How to issue a loan correctly? 182 2
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 157 1
- Recycle old study books 352 9
- Share for share exchange 141 3
- Wind turbines 136 1
- Looking for a qualified accountant 511 2
- Locum Doctor claiming costs for Home Office 185 2
- FL Memo - Any Good 406 7
- VAT claim 357 6
- How to reclaim input tax from mixed use redevelopment? 163 6
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 403 9
- State Pension 1,214 10
- Late Corporation tax return 357 7
- The iIns and outs of VAT 380 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,058
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 340
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 288
- National Insurance 242
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 223
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 222
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 207
- Payments on account coded out?? 202
- Non Resident 160
- Franchise income and costs 142