I'm presently doing some casual compliance work as a tax agent and am gradually accruing a reasonable number of clients. Most of the cases have been rather straightforward sole trader SA returns etc with a relatively small fee attached.
Having never worked as a self employed individual before, I'm unsure as to what time period to allow for clients to settle their respective bills upon completion of such work? (I've arbitrarily settled upon 14 days from the invoice date, but have encountered quite some difficult securing payment in this time).
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 233 4
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 56 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,480 31
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 43 2
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,187 22
- Travelling expenses 35 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 684 28
- Do I need to register for VAT 107 10
- Exemption from CGT 329 4
- Compare 2 lists 1,695 31
- Amend a 2010/11 return 219 2
- Owner director gym membership 89 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,433 34
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 237 2
- Capital Gains 221 2
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 135 2
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 238 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,169 22
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 464 6
- Bankstream 843 20