I'm presently doing some casual compliance work as a tax agent and am gradually accruing a reasonable number of clients. Most of the cases have been rather straightforward sole trader SA returns etc with a relatively small fee attached.
Having never worked as a self employed individual before, I'm unsure as to what time period to allow for clients to settle their respective bills upon completion of such work? (I've arbitrarily settled upon 14 days from the invoice date, but have encountered quite some difficult securing payment in this time).
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,662 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 284 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 67 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 209 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 812 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 99 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 116 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 494 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 368 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 496 20
- trading losses allowable? 758 14
- Post AAT? 690 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 143 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2