I'm presently doing some casual compliance work as a tax agent and am gradually accruing a reasonable number of clients. Most of the cases have been rather straightforward sole trader SA returns etc with a relatively small fee attached.
Having never worked as a self employed individual before, I'm unsure as to what time period to allow for clients to settle their respective bills upon completion of such work? (I've arbitrarily settled upon 14 days from the invoice date, but have encountered quite some difficult securing payment in this time).
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
- 64-8 problems 477 8
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 276 2
- Signed accounts for bank 51 2
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 315 10
- Payment on account reminders 197 3
- Landing clients 191 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 58 1
- Allocation of income from property 719 25
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 77 3
- Hello 487 4
- AIA/Capital Allowances 460 14
- Balancing charge 92 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 279 3
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 826 23
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 169 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,814 26
- RTI and Advances to Employees 422 10
- CTA 298 3
- Anybody got through to VAT today? 107 1
- Time values in Excel 182 3