I'm presently doing some casual compliance work as a tax agent and am gradually accruing a reasonable number of clients. Most of the cases have been rather straightforward sole trader SA returns etc with a relatively small fee attached.
Having never worked as a self employed individual before, I'm unsure as to what time period to allow for clients to settle their respective bills upon completion of such work? (I've arbitrarily settled upon 14 days from the invoice date, but have encountered quite some difficult securing payment in this time).
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 313
- Set up a company pension 262
- RTI Fees 233
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 228
- Where's our 10%? 206
- HMRC Lost PAYE Clients 205
- Driving sales growth 196
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 191
- EIS 188
- Regiatration of a Trust 186
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 183
- CIS late registration 175
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 169
- Best structure 166
- Break up basis accounting 165
- Mortgage application for intending director. 154
- Property owned privately 154
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 144
- Companies in administration - Bad debt and VAT 133
- SEIS and DeMinimus Aid 125