I'm presently doing some casual compliance work as a tax agent and am gradually accruing a reasonable number of clients. Most of the cases have been rather straightforward sole trader SA returns etc with a relatively small fee attached.
Having never worked as a self employed individual before, I'm unsure as to what time period to allow for clients to settle their respective bills upon completion of such work? (I've arbitrarily settled upon 14 days from the invoice date, but have encountered quite some difficult securing payment in this time).
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
- Where can I get the information for this 361 7
- BrightPay 360 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 196 3
- CGT &LLP 70 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 538 4
- Setting up an offshore company 91 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 184 16
- Secure document exchange 118 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 158 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 392 7
- break even point 163 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 114 3
- Fax to email providers 326 11
- Payroll software 239 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 131 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 141 4
- How to issue shares to investors 87 1
- Expense management software 629 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,107 84
- Tax code 148 1