I'm presently doing some casual compliance work as a tax agent and am gradually accruing a reasonable number of clients. Most of the cases have been rather straightforward sole trader SA returns etc with a relatively small fee attached.
Having never worked as a self employed individual before, I'm unsure as to what time period to allow for clients to settle their respective bills upon completion of such work? (I've arbitrarily settled upon 14 days from the invoice date, but have encountered quite some difficult securing payment in this time).
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 17 1
- Probate services 558 18
- Creative Auto Enrolment 628 9
- Bankstream 1,178 27
- Disengagement Help! 1,139 18
- Cash gift from India 392 12
- Corporation Tax releif for stolen "Bond" 73 1
- Account and Taxable Profit 497 21
- Stamp Duty Land Tax changes 114 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 443 9
- loan for one of the associated companies 170 9
- Is a deposit received on a failed property transaction in France taxable 149 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,098 20
- nominee shareholder 127 1
- True Potential AE 125 1
- Maternity and claining expenses 502 5
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 339 7
- Bad Debt 114 1
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 518 27
- Unpaid fees 232 5