I'm presently doing some casual compliance work as a tax agent and am gradually accruing a reasonable number of clients. Most of the cases have been rather straightforward sole trader SA returns etc with a relatively small fee attached.
Having never worked as a self employed individual before, I'm unsure as to what time period to allow for clients to settle their respective bills upon completion of such work? (I've arbitrarily settled upon 14 days from the invoice date, but have encountered quite some difficult securing payment in this time).
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 61 2
- flat rate scheme 2,312 47
- Signed accounts for bank 624 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 817 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 103 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 280 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 134 5
- VAT Query on new build 76 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 126 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 138 4
- Family Partnership 225 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 68 1
- P11D Car Value 248 6
- NOVA declaration 98 1
- Business valuation advice 702 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,496 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,221 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 286 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,102 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 167 1