We have a situation where a director/shareholder is in in business with 3 other directors/shareholders each holding 33% of Company A.
One of the directors is the sole shareholder and director of Company B and wants to raise invoices from Company B charging company A for work that he does in Company A, as he feels he will have additional control and for various other reasons.
This isnt a problem under IR35 is it, as he would either take a dividend from Co A or Co B, so the tax effect is basically the same, and any charge from B to A will pay corporation tax, so the tax liability is the same.
Thanks in advance.
- Rounding errors on CT600 15 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 768 20
- BrightPay quirks 124 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,269 47
- Xerocon 2016 1,141 31
- Website Content 24 1
- Mortgage Reference 452 5
- Personal Tax 596 12
- New Build 127 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 102 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 127 1
- USA Tax Query 270 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 416 5
- last minute request 621 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 321 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 353 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,719 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 979 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 393 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 633 18