IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 316 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 112 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,247 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 381 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,447 18
- Vat 236 4
- CT/CIS offset 101 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 152 4
- Trade name 154 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 126 1
- New business - journal entries 299 20
- B2B vat in the EU 100 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 307 18
- Why should I retain membership? 2,652 45
- VAT on deposits 201 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 122 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 399 12
- option to tax 202 1
- Share of profits from building society 94 1
- sage vat journal 84 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 775
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 704
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 382
- Social investment tax relief 201
- Digita Hosted Software 196
- Call Centre Data Costs 190
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 154
- Travel costs and contractors 147
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 138
- Certificates of tax deposit 133