IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- exemptions from CIS 225 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 541 10
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 35 1
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 174 5
- Xero Pain Points 626 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 251 13
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 104 3
- The importance of Grammar 1,702 52
- Freelance/Employee 337 8
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 198 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,644 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 379 3
- How much do you pay for Xero? 282 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 593 23
- Cut-off accounting question 387 8
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 367 3
- VAT reverse charge on consulting from EC 105 2
- VAT Reclaim 201 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 260 2
- Employment Allowance 216 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 348
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 333
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 313
- Electric Car 265
- S222 Charge 230
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 225
- Company Structure 204
- IP trans to holding company 169
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 164