IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- New starter error how to correct 91 2
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 239 4
- Summer house for business only 220 2
- Taxi Plate & Car 187 5
- Dividends out of profit where P&L bfwd is in deficit 140 4
- SA316s 249 4
- Director with lots of personal expenses 101 2
- Does a UK LTD pay Corporation Tax before sending dividend to Holding Company? 119 2
- LEL and PAYE registration 129 2
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 962 46
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 597 13
- Filing amended tax return 132 1
- Tier One Tribunal 228 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 841 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 123 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 140 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 262 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 169 2
- Another transfer of property 162 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 230 7
- Construction CIS LLP Company 614
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 600
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 390
- Pensions Regulator 360
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 297
- Using the correct forms 272
- RTI - duplicate employee record 268
- SA penalty proposals 260
- Accelerated payment notices 241
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 238