IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- Unallocated client money 427 10
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 2,014 41
- Errors in prior year accounts 887 24
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,455 26
- Expenses Apps 258 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,698 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 553 10
- VAT & capitalising 157 3
- Final year's accounts 184 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 368 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 326 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 328 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 293 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 169 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,999 36
- Invoice Help 266 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 211 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 276 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 260 3
- Sorry ignore me 935 24
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 627
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 299
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 246
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 193
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 175
- What's the market like for temps? 169