IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- Sage Payroll 295 11
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 85 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 192 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,042 33
- vat return 252 3
- Flat rate vat 120 1
- Value pricing 720 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 152 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 214 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 290 4
- Reregister for VAT 148 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 199 6
- Weely paid employees 250 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 491 11
- Director's tax return 295 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 224 6
- Wrong career 489 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 296 7
- Laptop purchase 1,405 20
- PTP software disaster 291 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 798
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 551
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 419
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 296
- Free Tax Legislation? 268
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 246
- Director Loan account operation 245
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 240
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 160