IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- Am i Liable? 153 5
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 94 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 204 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 87 1
- Added years superannuation 73 2
- Giving a seminar 539 30
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 202 1
- JIEB Exams 139 1
- RTI 104 1
- Christmas party 120 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 749 10
- Checking a contract 298 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 313 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 239 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 163 7
- VAT on garage rent 329 14
- Value-shifting 81 1
- Pattern for CTA 212 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 457 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 85 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,221
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 609
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 410
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 316
- Alphabet shares 192
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 183
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 178
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 167
- Office recharges 150