IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- Employment Intermediaries 51 2
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,644 30
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 404 5
- CGT on selling company shares 221 9
- do i need an online accounting software 168 4
- transfer of invesments from company name to individual 151 3
- Moneysoft Payroll 668 16
- Companies House Search 366 4
- Property gift to sister 293 8
- VAT dergistration confirmation? 101 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,688 28
- VAT Triangulation Service UK - UK - EC 168 3
- Who gets the CGT deduction 295 4
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 659 9
- VAT training 407 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 289 7
- 31st october deadline 410 6
- RTI Late Registration query 160 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 276 2
- Payroll software 216 1
- NHS finance professionals 720
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 431
- Foreign Pension Contribution 407
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 390
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 388
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 346
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 308
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 292
- Incorporating doctors 234
- IFA income recognition & reporting 230