IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- When to include value of import in Box 7 61 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 161 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 301 7
- Capital gain? 76 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,246 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 267 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 346 8
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 413 8
- vat help for catering concession 274 10
- IHT dilemma 1,154 17
- Tax return software for remote working 232 3
- CGT 333 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 320 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 109 2
- Compliance check 512 13
- sole trader accountant 785 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 400 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 604 21
- More AE! 498 11
- How to classify an asset 160 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,079
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 778
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 463
- Digita Hosted Software 280
- Call Centre Data Costs 251
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 223
- Credit where credit's due....... 217
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 205
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 187
- Director phone costs 149