IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,169 27
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 714 14
- is this fraud? 493 10
- Not a good start no broadband 310 7
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 373 8
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 591 10
- Property initial recognition 119 2
- P11D Dispensation 192 3
- Question regarding gym training 204 3
- CPD 67 1
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 397 7
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 129 1
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 163 4
- Directors Subsistence 371 3
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 202 2
- How long are 64-8s taking these days? 424 9
- R&D tax credit claim 163 4
- New company - form a group? 107 1
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 136 3
- Married woman dies owning marital home 361 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 565
- Cancelled 339
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 322
- Cancelled 278
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 241
- Probiz 223
- CIS Deductions 182
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 170
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 164
- Car leasing scheme 158