IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,053 29
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 425 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 206 6
- VAT silly question 2,261 51
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 156 6
- Classic cars investment 150 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 237 3
- Cater Allen Commission 122 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 232 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 718 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 112 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 67 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 97 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 119 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 497 13
- Sage at it again? 365 5
- BrightPay 510 13
- Is this a scam? 1,594 27
- S455 458 21
- client issues 333 4
- Benchmarking 468
- Possible Partnership? 417
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 402
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 388
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 332
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 195
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 176
- Income tax on foreign dividends 172
- Clubs and Taxable Income 170
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 165