IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 153 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 190 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,223 35
- Mortgage Reference 539 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 245 7
- Insovent companies 883 19
- New Build 201 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,296 48
- BrightPay quirks 215 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 172 1
- Personal Tax 629 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 191 1
- USA Tax Query 309 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 440 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 361 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 396 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6