IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- Which tax returns can I submit? 172 5
- Cocaine anyone? 896 15
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 258 5
- Vat on new builds 63 1
- Using home as clients registered address 238 5
- VAT MOSS registration 98 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 471 15
- How much does the company pay 822 35
- HMRC property income enquiry 457 10
- Proof of identification 134 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 161 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 125 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 309 5
- Childcare vouchers 374 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 106 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 100 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 95 1
- two business from one premises 197 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 76 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 379 4
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 516
- corporate hierarchy 480
- Advice - 333
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 281
- WWOOFers 268
- The booking.com con 257
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 255
- Cocaine anyone? 238
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 232
- UK State pension paid in NZ 181