IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 39 2
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 127 13
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 312 11
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 397 12
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 35 1
- Best software for small practice? 511 18
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,230 13
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,234 21
- HMRC Enquiry 410 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 145 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 272 4
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,380 16
- Long/Short Period of Account 152 3
- Another HMRC Cock Up 742 7
- Directors' advances and credits 341 1
- HMRC Statements 342 5
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 536 7
- Goodwill on incorporation low level valuations 246 3
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 364 10
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 206 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 763
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 452
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 267
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 219
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 192
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 190
- Capital Gains personal representatives 177