IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 139 4
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 118 2
- Personal allowance 412 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 458 12
- Scams are not always obvious 691 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 117 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 121 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 90 3
- Related party disclosures 172 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 181 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 77 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 615 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 231 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 250 8
- Is this legal? 624 9
- Market Value/Connected Persons 188 7
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,993 23
- Cells from many sheets 126 2
- Taxation of rental income 212 4
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 139 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,042
- Moving away from CCH software 902
- Recruitment agencies 528
- QROP pension input amounts 410
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 362
- Deemed Employment Payment 345
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 307
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 298
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 218
- fraud 216