IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,387 63
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 335 12
- Tax Penalty overeaction 579 11
- calculate mortgage interest 120 1
- Auto enrolment 1,645 27
- AIA 206 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 587 27
- Depreciation 164 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 137 3
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 225 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 184 3
- client can't/won't pay 453 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 206 6
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 258 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 271 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,195 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 279 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 221 5
- HMRC SA software error? 191 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 180 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 793
- Copy Wanted 507
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 465
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 457
- Latest phishing scam 296
- Entrepreneurs' relief 284
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 277
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 258
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 246
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 243