IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 375 14
- directors loan 246 7
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 814 27
- Director registration for SA question 256 11
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 212 3
- New Company reviews please 455 12
- Business only use of company car 603 23
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 338 4
- CIS not deducted 303 5
- Car Capital Contribution 180 2
- cgt quoted shares losses 199 1
- LLP and corporate members - timing differences impact on corp tax 80 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 209 3
- Money Laundering Manual 257 10
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 352 8
- VAT with Russia 122 1
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,040 28
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 209 2
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,154 9
- CGT on Let Property 234 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 281
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 235
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 234
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 208
- Any thoughts on Capium? 197
- Expenses Software 189
- auto enrolment 176
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- How to account for investment in JV? 146
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 145