IR35 Accounted for incorrectly ??
I have recently taken over a couple of clients who work solely for one client, they are HGV drivers who currently work for a sole agency.
They work set hours and are told where to go and what to do, so they are clearly caught within IR35. But heres my problem their previous accountant had not told them about IR35 and was putting through the minimum salary and claiming dividends rather than putting them through on full salary. Now my client is saying that they should be treated as outside of the scope of IR35. How do i go about this now?
My other question is this... am i right in thinking that anyone that is working solely for one client, that is told where to go, what to do, cannot produce a substitute if needed is caught within IR35? It doesn't matter about what industry they are in, or if they have a contract or not?
Sorry if i am sounding thick but IR35 is really confusing me at the moment as i keep hearing different stories.
- How to pay national insurance 487 16
- Spam blocking 94 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 183 4
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 188 9
- AccountingWeb is unworkable 70 1
- Small pool write off 200 4
- VAT on purchase of plant from Germany 77 2
- Bonus in june 227 2
- Where do I declare dividends in HMRC's Computations software ? 156 5
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 94 2
- HMRC Email 303 5
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,908 21
- Employment status 195 3
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 165 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 979 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 351 4
- Overlap relief 635 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 154 3
- Ex-gratia payments 212 4
- HMRC & daft penalty 556 5
- Theatre Tax Relief 475
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 369
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 363
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 338
- Perkbox 304
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 292
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 264
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 262
- Document Management Systems 244
- WIP Software 224