IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 139 3
- Is overpayment subject to VAT 907 15
- xerocon 178 5
- Do you send out reminders to clients re due dates? 244 9
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 33 1
- PAYE 271 8
- Personal Allowance for non residents 401 9
- Is appointing liquidators necessary when closing down a company with large reserve balances 270 5
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 246 6
- Employment Allowance 204 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 214 6
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 254 5
- Backdating VAT claim 107 2
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,442 23
- Flat rate vat on sales commissions 173 3
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,530 40
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 553 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,157 11
- Online Backup 117 2
- repairs and/or improvements 164 2
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 663
- Auto enrolment excuses 537
- Removed post 378
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 352
- Social investment tax relief 166
- Call Centre Data Costs 165
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 159
- Digita Hosted Software 153
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 146
- option to tax 130