IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 74 3
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 85 2
- ATED Penalties 239 1
- late second payment on account 125 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 337 13
- US royalties 42 2
- Project being run jointly 101 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 156 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 88 3
- Sole trader mix up 264 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 709 6
- What's in a name ? 137 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 876 27
- Help Required 219 5
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 198 4
- Filing company accounts 120 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 478 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 147 5
- Company Name - Number of Characters 247 7
- Bulk Invoicing 144 5
- CTA study material 690
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 418
- Employment related securities question 260
- AIM Stocks and IHT 240
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 193
- Trust for Employee 179
- Expat pension contributions? 175
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 148
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 112
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 105