IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- Payment plans for clients 291 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 92 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 202 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 480 14
- Employee steeling client data 140 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,364 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 193 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 136 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 94 1
- CT600 280 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 223 4
- signature required 917 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 206 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 343 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 335 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 172 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 92 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 159 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 106 1
- Lease 154 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,309
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 859
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 554
- Credit where credit's due....... 343
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 262
- TheTax Donut 235
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 194
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 185
- Director's business mileage 154
- Sole trader CPD 147