IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 387 7
- Unknown cash receipt 1,354 12
- Is an iPad a taxable benefit? 46 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 532 25
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 272 4
- Share restructure 247 8
- CGT on Property 154 1
- Vat on sales invoice which includes expenses 132 3
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 724 19
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 331 9
- Gross sales to purchases 201 2
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 190 3
- Capital allowances 142 2
- RTI Filing 1,374 21
- Loan to a participator 165 4
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 374 7
- Import VAT can be set off against output VAT liability or not 113 3
- £2000 Employment Allowance 178 1
- Staff entertaining or not? 365 4
- First RTI P45 215 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 713
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 482
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 318
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 308
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 255
- growth voucher supplier 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 191
- VAT on Gaming Machines 188
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 161
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 161