IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 309 5
- See you all on the other side 509 6
- 12Pay 242 2
- dividends 299 2
- R&D 196 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,055 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 349 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 253 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 205 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 445 5
- Seeking a tax case 474 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 337 4
- Companies house strike off 299 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 243 2
- Moving to the cloud 669 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 183 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 802 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 174 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,026 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 396 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 530
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 401
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 357
- IRIS and FRS 102 336
- Capitalising Finance Lease 300
- USA help 296
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 264
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 255
- Capital gains on rental property 237
- Sage Coretime 222