IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 46 1
- Regaining my qualification 52 1
- Shareholder agreement 131 3
- Tax code for Companies House fees 111 1
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 188 3
- Company Reorganisation 125 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 625 10
- Employee Loan 164 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 447 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 562 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 106 1
- Wear and tear allowance 443 6
- Accountants' Error 612 12
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 337 6
- Buying accountancy practice 628 10
- Paperless office 1,074 7
- Accountant Error 404 6
- Auto enrolment 145 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 412 5
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 283 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,443
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 751
- Any views 684
- HMRC Employers Diary 519
- International interest certificate 419
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 380
- Sale of business 343
- NOVA 250
- Advertising services? 243
- IRIS Open Books problem 235