IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- Do sale of PPR's need declaring on tax return? 407 7
- P111D expenses and partnership 287 6
- Use of home as office and P11d 151 1
- Self employed want to go on their own payroll - possible? 270 3
- Accounting software supporting merchant site 121 2
- Sale of a house in trust 64 1
- Losses for tax purposes 436 13
- ICAEW Re-admission 288 3
- non-qualifying FHL/rent-a-room relief 279 5
- Foreign Partner - SA109? 261 4
- setting up in Gibraltar 291 3
- mileage reimbursement 359 9
- CT600 software 445 13
- Belgium-UK double taxation treaty 165 1
- Flat rate Vat- acquiring asset 206 1
- How much tax should I be payng? 1,182 35
- HMRC DISALLOWING MY LOAN INTEREST 801 15
- Company name change after year end - which name to use? 313 4
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 283 5
- Director issuing and buying shares in private Co 419 8
- The booking.com con 450
- WWOOFers 404
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 398
- Ho Ho Ho 386
- Purpose of issuing Holding share capital for s135 share exchange 277
- barclays UK vesus barclays US 274
- Indicator/ FLMemo tax essentials for advisors 199
- Partners owning Partnership trading premises 195
- FHL & Rent a Room Interaction 183
- Staff time recording software 167