IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- Tier One Tribunal 95 7
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 798 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 107 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 60 2
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 881 41
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 244 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 125 2
- Another transfer of property 120 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 209 7
- Taxi Plate & Car 94 1
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 565 11
- LEL and PAYE registration 92 1
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 167 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 180 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 554 14
- SA316s 220 3
- Swiching tax 544 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 532 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 393 11
- Start-up cost recognition 129 1
- Construction CIS LLP Company 612
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 594
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 389
- Pensions Regulator 357
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 294
- Using the correct forms 268
- RTI - duplicate employee record 264
- SA penalty proposals 258
- Accelerated payment notices 238
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 235