IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 314 7
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 486 11
- HMRC Property campaign 754 10
- Estate agent and VAT registration 177 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 82 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 343 12
- CIC Company 474 4
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 80 1
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 112 1
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 520 8
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,912 48
- Small company audit 277 8
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 218 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 227 5
- Problem partnership fees 144 1
- Car financed by employee 131 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 135 1
- Undisclosed income 224 3
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 309 8
- Private Investment Company 150 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 608
- Cancelled 355
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 337
- Cancelled 291
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 263
- Probiz 250
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 206
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 194
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 191
- Car leasing scheme 188