IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- Audit 214 6
- Awkward IP 1,275 13
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 576 18
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 84 4
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 729 22
- Do I need to pay my accountant 939 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,105 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 117 1
- carry back of gift aid 184 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 303 8
- What's in a name ? 1,021 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 897 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 228 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 563 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 240 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 410 6
- Potentially dodgy client 455 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 569 28
- Entrepeneurs relief 475 18
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 408 9
- CTA study material 787
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 485
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 431
- Employment related securities question 313
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 270
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 265
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 204
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154