IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- 100% Xero practice 2,118 35
- Vat treatment of charity business income 109 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 862 18
- Company Accounts 125 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,195 343
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 186 6
- Donations (to a school!) 430 11
- Vat on Royalites 83 1
- Umbrella Company 145 2
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 432 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 82 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 160 5
- Mortgage deposit Gift 432 18
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 173 3
- property rental income split 255 3
- Shadow director or alternative? 468 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 140 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 101 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,274 5
- Use of home for storage 336 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,189
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 405
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 310
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 261
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 236
- Non Resident 222
- Franchise income and costs 205
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 161