IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 250 1
- Very large share capital by mistake 205 1
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 361 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 411 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,977 45
- Love is in the air 319 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,696 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 241 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 397 8
- Client Paperwork Retention? 500 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 244 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 521 1
- Paying Son 656 18
- HMRC accounting 384 3
- Employers NI allowance 462 6
- Dividend taxation 388 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 293 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 189 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 272 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 456 4
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 277
- CGT for NOn UK residents 276
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 268
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 247
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 209
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 188