IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- Why do I do this every year 497 12
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 45 3
- HMRC filing meltdown? 644 19
- Anybody Use Brightpay 737 20
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 226 4
- Self assesment online 1,047 12
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 255 11
- client can't/won't pay 1,977 42
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 133 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 132 4
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 153 2
- Non resident income. 483 21
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 297 22
- Hobby Horse 822 8
- What sectors to target? 626 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 288 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 202 3
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 315 5
- closing limited company 221 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 143 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 939
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 656
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 585
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 422
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 317
- Scratch Head 249
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 242
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 182