IR35 client not toeing the line: What would you do?
I have a client who is, in my opinion an IR35 case but client does not agree with this.
Client invoices his client through the Ltd Co.
The limited company also owns 2 UK properties.
Client will not prepare their books under IR35 regime, but instead puts every claimable item through his book-keeping and expects a full tax deduction for it.
Client has "employed" his wife to manage the 2 rental properties (at £20K a year) and is putting her wage through his Ltd Co under the rental property cost center.
Further, client has just leased a car for him and a car for her, hers going through the rental property cost center and his going through his cost center.
How would you deal with this client, when they are clearly claiming for items that would not be allowable under IR35?
I had thought of getting the client to sign a disclaimer stating that I had advised an IR35 approach but would operate on the clients instructions providing they indemnified me against all outcomes.
- VAT Invoice 252 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 111 1
- Cash in Hand 210 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 213 5
- are receipts needed? 646 17
- SA302's anyone?? 633 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 341 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 167 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 361 12
- Busines software 198 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 225 6
- Converting a barn for business use 193 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 325 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 334 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 500 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 353 3
- Bookkeping software 744 7
- Clogged Losses 295 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 290 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 675 10
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 912
- International interest certificate 526
- NOVA 376
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 338
- Management expenses for investment company 280
- Bonus Bonds 278
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 188
- EXACT ONLINE 173
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 173
- P11D benefit received by widow 171