IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,331 421
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 23 3
- corp tax software 270 5
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 157 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 96 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 536 24
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 957 48
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 330 16
- Is this fraud? 537 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 77 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 269 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 74 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 157 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 149 1
- Naming new company 312 6
- Saying goodbye 550 14
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 199 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 652 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 398 12
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 94 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,284
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 457
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 266
- Franchise income and costs 245
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 157
- Employer's Helpline 153
- employment capital allowances 143