IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 299 8
- Mortgage extended on a rental property 69 1
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,257 21
- Is there a risk in helping overseas companies that have no intention of doing business in the UK 159 5
- CGT on sale of Spanish property 133 3
- VAT on leased double cabs 45 1
- Backdate C79? 120 1
- Having a Jan blank moment 122 4
- Strange result on filing very small trade profits 220 3
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 85 3
- Incorrect CIS Invoices from Subcontractors 170 7
- Child benefit charge 781 13
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 225 12
- Paying 31 January 2015 income tax by instalments 1,033 17
- Self Ass. Return 318 5
- Start of letting business when property owner took lodgers prior to letting out 71 1
- Changed Company Year End - CT Penalty 279 11
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 371 9
- Furniture Holiday Let & Capital Allowances 206 6
- Do you lose losses on cessation 306 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 816
- Copy Wanted 539
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 489
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 475
- Latest phishing scam 327
- Entrepreneurs' relief 305
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 277
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 268
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 267
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 171