IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- What would you do in this situation? 468 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 117 3
- Help Required 262 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 215 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 381 14
- What's in a name ? 212 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 138 3
- ATED Penalties 254 1
- late second payment on account 145 2
- US royalties 70 2
- Project being run jointly 117 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 172 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 154 3
- Sole trader mix up 282 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 728 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 885 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 206 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 501 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 157 5
- CTA study material 696
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 421
- Employment related securities question 263
- AIM Stocks and IHT 243
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 195
- Trust for Employee 182
- Expat pension contributions? 180
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 151
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 142
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 114