IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- vat help for catering concession 260 10
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 257 5
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 390 6
- IHT dilemma 1,141 17
- Tax return software for remote working 208 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 330 7
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,179 19
- CGT 318 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 303 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 96 2
- Compliance check 486 13
- sole trader accountant 752 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 389 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 599 21
- More AE! 478 11
- How to classify an asset 138 3
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 270 2
- when a charity makes a donation.... 172 4
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 117 2
- Statement of turnover template 181 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,068
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 456
- Digita Hosted Software 277
- Call Centre Data Costs 246
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 212
- Credit where credit's due....... 204
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 196
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 180
- Director phone costs 138