IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 441 11
- Tips on meals 76 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,260 33
- Credit management tools 78 1
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 45 2
- property capital gains 36 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 754 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 329 7
- CGT and primary residence 127 1
- Marriage Allowance 212 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,114 12
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 367 4
- S455 and February year ends 277 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 856 18
- Closing down loss-making company 431 5
- S.455 Tax again 276 3
- New Build 332 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 373 4
- Mortgage Reference 786 10
- RTI offline? 202 1