IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 452 13
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 22 1
- CGT history of shares 180 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 146 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 185 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 336 6
- CGT on sale of let property 125 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 186 2
- how do i get UTR 147 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 92 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 239 3
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 139 1
- Your comments please 317 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 195 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 133 2
- EIS 199 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 135 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 118 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 131 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 731 14
- Moving away from CCH software 969
- QROP pension input amounts 453
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 398
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 384
- fraud 306
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 284
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 246
- Construction CIS LLP Company 231
- EPS and CIS deductions 225
- Out of time or not? 211