IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- BTC is slow 257 3
- Voluntary Disclosure 198 2
- Director registration for SA question 457 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 184 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 328 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 495 22
- valuation of vehicles 403 16
- Business only use of company car 693 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 508 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 322 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 956 29
- New Company reviews please 545 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 314 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 266 2
- VAT with Russia 233 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 234 4
- Money Laundering Manual 304 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 249 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,122 29
- directors loan 370 8
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 299
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 244
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 240
- Any thoughts on Capium? 234
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 219
- auto enrolment 189
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 177
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 158
- How to account for investment in JV? 152
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 148