IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 229 6
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,542 42
- CIC Company 378 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,647 57
- Is this a scam? 753 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 113 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 324 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 232 5
- New company - form a group? 154 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 172 4
- PITA client 204 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 362 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,311 33
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 739 15
- Dividend dates 487 8
- R&D tax credit claim 211 5
- CIS Deductions 271 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 113 1
- is this fraud? 786 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 495 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 345
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 331
- Cancelled 282
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 254
- Probiz 241
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 185
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 176
- Car leasing scheme 175
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 153