IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 145 2
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 100 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 230 1
- will this work for IHT 253 2
- Best software for small practice? 641 20
- Paid too much !! 269 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,745 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 278 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 225 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 490 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 130 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 109 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 117 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 481 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 751 11
- Sports Sponsorship 167 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 279 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 214 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 275 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,332 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 769
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 455
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 263
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 249
- CGT for NOn UK residents 224
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 183
- Just checking re PSA 175