IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 718 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 493 10
- SA316s 107 2
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 507 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 362 11
- Start-up cost recognition 89 1
- Lunches 171 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 374 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 123 3
- Generic notification message 251 6
- Property Expenses 215 7
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 811 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 114 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 500 13
- Swiching tax 500 14
- Accrued salary unpaid 255 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,193 18
- Basis periods 96 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 112 2
- CGT on spouse's death 309 11
- Construction CIS LLP Company 599
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 589
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 385
- Pensions Regulator 350
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 289
- Using the correct forms 264
- SA penalty proposals 255
- RTI - duplicate employee record 251
- Accelerated payment notices 235
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 225