IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- Marketing and email surprises 396 8
- The stupidity continues 1,038 60
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 287 5
- Mlom bollocks 124 4
- transactions after account have been closed 268 8
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 52 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 149 1
- AML report needed? 50 1
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 643 15
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 564 11
- What is IRIS World like? 384 9
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 359 8
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 261 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 254 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 154 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,354 25
- New Employers Helpline 215 4
- Software recommendations 288 1
- Share transfer question 400 17
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 200 2
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 440
- WIP Software 302
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 237
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 213
- Is there anything wrong with this? 208
- Small Part Disposal of Property 194
- Uncommercial property business 184