IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- Goodwill complications 184 3
- Late Registration for VAT 236 8
- Registering a company late 354 13
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 638 11
- How much of your work is admin? 436 3
- Claiming pre-letting mortgage costs on first rental property 63 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,092 30
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 148 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 117 1
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 153 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 110 1
- Personal pension 286 5
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 142 2
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 89 1
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 224 1
- Deferred Tax 280 5
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,279 17
- Legal fees selling rental property 213 3
- physiotherapy clinic 620 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 238 2
- TheTax Donut 1,023
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 681
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 625
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 419
- Hive up 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 332
- AIA or IFA 216