IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- SA302's anyone?? 596 17
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 44 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 340 12
- Cash in Hand 86 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 143 4
- Busines software 136 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 189 6
- Converting a barn for business use 183 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 304 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 311 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 473 10
- are receipts needed? 607 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 297 3
- Bookkeping software 718 7
- Clogged Losses 281 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 266 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 656 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 317 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 267 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 126 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 909
- International interest certificate 521
- NOVA 371
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 321
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 267
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 183
- P11D benefit received by widow 161
- EXACT ONLINE 156
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 152