IR35 White space?
Hello I wonder if anyone could take a look at this for me.
We have client who is a one man company, this year all of the companys work has been to one separate company, the company hasnt substituted any staff, however from the terms of the contract and in actual terms on balance it looks like we are outside IR35, but can see that there are some agruments both ways.
In this instance can we mitigate future problems by disclosing in the white space that we do not condsider on balance to fall under IR35 and have prepared the income tax and corporation return as such, however an element of judgement has been used etc, etc.....
On the downside I suppose this guarantees HMRC taking a closer look and then having an interesting discussion.
Has anyone gone down this route and would you recommend it or otherwise.
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 512 5
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 132 9
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 40 2
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 428 8
- Limited company buying a car 89 3
- ACCA practice certificates 473 5
- Limited company buying director's car 262 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 55 1
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 83 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 54 1
- WC's and capital allowances 163 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 290 13
- Dress code 1,531 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 472 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 241 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 365 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 464 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 160 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 91 3
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 185 4
- CTA study material 764
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 474
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 387
- Employment related securities question 304
- AIM Stocks and IHT 278
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 256
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 232
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 165
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 146