IR35 - Will you sign e-petition 55679, please ?
Can you please electronically sign my e-petition at: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/55679 ? Or if not, please explain why not ?
The full e-petition title is: Stop IR35 for pensioner workers not registered for VAT.
The responsible department is: Her Majesty's Treasury.
The text that I could squeeze into the 1,000 characters allowed is: Some HMG IT projects fail – costing taxpayers million of pounds. Some of the failure results from IR35 driving independent thoughtful mature business services consultants out of the market, depriving projects of essential mature numerate good sense. It’s time for an HMRC ESC [Extra Statutory Concession] to stop IR35 for all workers older than State Pension Age, if their alleged personal service business has a total annual revenue less than the VAT Registration Level, currently £79,000, & if it’s not registered for VAT. This results in maximum daily rates including expenses less than £400 a day, which seems reasonable compared with the daily allowances for attendees of the House of Lords, e.g. £300 a day. Encouraging Old Age Pensioners who wish to work may mean dementia is staved off, resulting in NHS costs savings. The saving of worry for an OAP may be considerable. The direct loss of IR35 revenue – due to the ESC set out in this e-petition – to HM Treasury is estimated to be NIL.
Thank you in advance for your help, Donald Stickland.
- Flat rate vat error 364 8
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 106 5
- do I have to pay NI? 194 3
- Aggressive HMRC 1,302 15
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,440 61
- Can you recognize revenue on asset sold and bought back at a later stage? 77 2
- How to format a stock book 381 2
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 248 8
- Investment property company accounts template 254 1
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 326 6
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 64 2
- Quickbooks expert needed 131 2
- Charity reserves 75 1
- Have i messed up? 452 7
- Related Parties Note 314 6
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 351 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,346 16
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 473 26
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 262 1
- End of the party for dividends? 1,266 18
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 979
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 538
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 353
- Tax efficient holding company structure 280
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 263
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 209
- Charge out rates in London? 196
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 176
- Personal consumption by landlord 169
- Interest on Loan to a Company 159