Iris OpenSpace - anyone using it?
So I have been using Iris OpenSpace for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I am VERY impressed with it. My intention is to use it to approve all client documents going forwards and do away with hard copies (exception is abbreviated accounts until VT enable us to file direct to Co House - for now I find it easier to print out and get client to sign than use the pesky Co House online accounts filing process, but maybe that's just me!).
My question is can I use OpenSpace for all my client document approval needs? This would include the below.
- Engagement letters
- SA 100
- CT 600
- Statutory accounts
Or does anyone think I still need to have hardcopy approval for any of these?
The Iris OpenSpace FAQ's state the below:
Is electronic approval legally binding?
- Yes, we have developed e-Approval in IRIS OpenSpace to be fully compliant with the Electronic Communications Act
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 237 8
- Where has Portia gone? 915 40
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,084 19
- What do your junior staff do? 87 2
- Practice management software 909 16
- Spousal transfer and PPR 453 14
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 1,711 32
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,574 72
- Rogue Accountant 2,883 46
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,312 19
- HMRC Scam 292 2
- Departments in Sage 50 105 1
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 272 2
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 323 4
- Capital Gains? 267 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 109 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 81 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 465 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 138 2
- AIA - new period 223 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 775
- RTI - duplicate employee record 515
- Pensions Regulator 441
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 396
- Sage Vat return box 2 298
- Sanzar 297
- Digital marketing focus group 279
- How do you do it 266
- Report old income 230
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 229