Iris OpenSpace - anyone using it?
So I have been using Iris OpenSpace for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I am VERY impressed with it. My intention is to use it to approve all client documents going forwards and do away with hard copies (exception is abbreviated accounts until VT enable us to file direct to Co House - for now I find it easier to print out and get client to sign than use the pesky Co House online accounts filing process, but maybe that's just me!).
My question is can I use OpenSpace for all my client document approval needs? This would include the below.
- Engagement letters
- SA 100
- CT 600
- Statutory accounts
Or does anyone think I still need to have hardcopy approval for any of these?
The Iris OpenSpace FAQ's state the below:
Is electronic approval legally binding?
- Yes, we have developed e-Approval in IRIS OpenSpace to be fully compliant with the Electronic Communications Act
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 9 1
- flat rate scheme 184 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 221 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,971 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 142 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 478 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 168 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 104 1
- VAT refund 322 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,285 37
- Turnover on a tax return 556 12
- incorrect old p60 566 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 147 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 189 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 162 1
- Special dividends & CGT 209 1
- Networking 372 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 282 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 308 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 345 5