Iris OpenSpace - anyone using it?
So I have been using Iris OpenSpace for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I am VERY impressed with it. My intention is to use it to approve all client documents going forwards and do away with hard copies (exception is abbreviated accounts until VT enable us to file direct to Co House - for now I find it easier to print out and get client to sign than use the pesky Co House online accounts filing process, but maybe that's just me!).
My question is can I use OpenSpace for all my client document approval needs? This would include the below.
- Engagement letters
- SA 100
- CT 600
- Statutory accounts
Or does anyone think I still need to have hardcopy approval for any of these?
The Iris OpenSpace FAQ's state the below:
Is electronic approval legally binding?
- Yes, we have developed e-Approval in IRIS OpenSpace to be fully compliant with the Electronic Communications Act
- Best way to draw a salary? 685 12
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 175 4
- PI cover 237 4
- VAT and customer entertaining 213 2
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 937 15
- VAT - How hard is it? 731 26
- Profit split from an investment property 160 6
- The importance of Grammar 1,310 39
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,415 39
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 111 1
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,255 10
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 144 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 274 6
- tax saving on card points 238 6
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 262 9
- Scissors 884 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 440 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 460 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 266 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 130 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 372
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 321
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 307
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 297
- Electric Car 250
- S222 Charge 218
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 214
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 201
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 164