Iris OpenSpace - anyone using it?
So I have been using Iris OpenSpace for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I am VERY impressed with it. My intention is to use it to approve all client documents going forwards and do away with hard copies (exception is abbreviated accounts until VT enable us to file direct to Co House - for now I find it easier to print out and get client to sign than use the pesky Co House online accounts filing process, but maybe that's just me!).
My question is can I use OpenSpace for all my client document approval needs? This would include the below.
- Engagement letters
- SA 100
- CT 600
- Statutory accounts
Or does anyone think I still need to have hardcopy approval for any of these?
The Iris OpenSpace FAQ's state the below:
Is electronic approval legally binding?
- Yes, we have developed e-Approval in IRIS OpenSpace to be fully compliant with the Electronic Communications Act
- White van man 231 9
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 14 1
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 132 3
- Backdate C79? 142 2
- Entertaining - definition? 276 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 334 10
- foreign income 101 1
- SA1 Online 58 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 78 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 86 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 334 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 87 1
- Capital allowances offset rule 115 1
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 115 4
- Worried over stock value 139 1
- Start of letting business when property owner took lodgers prior to letting out 118 2
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,296 22
- Mortgage extended on a rental property 118 1
- Is there a risk in helping overseas companies that have no intention of doing business in the UK 201 5
- CGT on sale of Spanish property 169 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 818
- Copy Wanted 542
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 497
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 480
- Latest phishing scam 335
- Entrepreneurs' relief 309
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 279
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 274
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 272
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 177