Iris OpenSpace - anyone using it?
So I have been using Iris OpenSpace for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I am VERY impressed with it. My intention is to use it to approve all client documents going forwards and do away with hard copies (exception is abbreviated accounts until VT enable us to file direct to Co House - for now I find it easier to print out and get client to sign than use the pesky Co House online accounts filing process, but maybe that's just me!).
My question is can I use OpenSpace for all my client document approval needs? This would include the below.
- Engagement letters
- SA 100
- CT 600
- Statutory accounts
Or does anyone think I still need to have hardcopy approval for any of these?
The Iris OpenSpace FAQ's state the below:
Is electronic approval legally binding?
- Yes, we have developed e-Approval in IRIS OpenSpace to be fully compliant with the Electronic Communications Act
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,812 56
- Contra entry in Sage Line 50 accounts professional 17 1
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 306 13
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 951 10
- Giving a seminar 337 19
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 180 4
- Pattern for CTA 139 3
- Dazed & confused 877 6
- Quickbooks or Xero or Kashflow? 374 8
- Entries on SATR for Non Dom with unremitted income < £2k 79 3
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 178 3
- General legal fees 97 2
- Property scam victim 424 10
- Allowable charity donation? 80 1
- Website - Should I upgrade? 198 6
- Checking a contract 205 7
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 168 7
- which software to use? 214 4
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 1,477 24
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 224 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,146
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 589
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 397
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 299
- Interest on Loan to a Company 196
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 180
- Agent fees to sell business 177
- Alphabet shares 172
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 162
- Residency 91 day rule 157