Iris OpenSpace - anyone using it?
So I have been using Iris OpenSpace for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I am VERY impressed with it. My intention is to use it to approve all client documents going forwards and do away with hard copies (exception is abbreviated accounts until VT enable us to file direct to Co House - for now I find it easier to print out and get client to sign than use the pesky Co House online accounts filing process, but maybe that's just me!).
My question is can I use OpenSpace for all my client document approval needs? This would include the below.
- Engagement letters
- SA 100
- CT 600
- Statutory accounts
Or does anyone think I still need to have hardcopy approval for any of these?
The Iris OpenSpace FAQ's state the below:
Is electronic approval legally binding?
- Yes, we have developed e-Approval in IRIS OpenSpace to be fully compliant with the Electronic Communications Act
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 200 9
- Excel query 58 2
- Funding Circle experience 107 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,230 13
- Payment on account penalties 77 3
- Tax on free shares 114 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 183 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 113 1
- Audit 468 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 385 8
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 110 3
- Buying a horse?? 397 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 184 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 753 21
- PITA ex-client 240 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 246 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 357 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 323 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,667 19
- New supplier 159 3
- CTA study material 801
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 491
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 454
- Employment related securities question 318
- AIM Stocks and IHT 305
- Expat pension contributions? 277
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 275
- Trust for Employee 253
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 222
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 158