Iris OpenSpace - anyone using it?
So I have been using Iris OpenSpace for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I am VERY impressed with it. My intention is to use it to approve all client documents going forwards and do away with hard copies (exception is abbreviated accounts until VT enable us to file direct to Co House - for now I find it easier to print out and get client to sign than use the pesky Co House online accounts filing process, but maybe that's just me!).
My question is can I use OpenSpace for all my client document approval needs? This would include the below.
- Engagement letters
- SA 100
- CT 600
- Statutory accounts
Or does anyone think I still need to have hardcopy approval for any of these?
The Iris OpenSpace FAQ's state the below:
Is electronic approval legally binding?
- Yes, we have developed e-Approval in IRIS OpenSpace to be fully compliant with the Electronic Communications Act
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 56 1
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,073 29
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 441 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 224 6
- VAT silly question 2,268 51
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 173 6
- Classic cars investment 158 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 258 3
- Cater Allen Commission 137 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 255 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 733 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 133 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 84 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 132 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 141 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 508 13
- Sage at it again? 375 5
- BrightPay 518 13
- Is this a scam? 1,612 27
- S455 465 21
- Benchmarking 476
- Possible Partnership? 420
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 403
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 393
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 337
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 200
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 185
- Late reply from HMRC 177
- Income tax on foreign dividends 176
- Clubs and Taxable Income 175