Iris OpenSpace - anyone using it?
So I have been using Iris OpenSpace for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I am VERY impressed with it. My intention is to use it to approve all client documents going forwards and do away with hard copies (exception is abbreviated accounts until VT enable us to file direct to Co House - for now I find it easier to print out and get client to sign than use the pesky Co House online accounts filing process, but maybe that's just me!).
My question is can I use OpenSpace for all my client document approval needs? This would include the below.
- Engagement letters
- SA 100
- CT 600
- Statutory accounts
Or does anyone think I still need to have hardcopy approval for any of these?
The Iris OpenSpace FAQ's state the below:
Is electronic approval legally binding?
- Yes, we have developed e-Approval in IRIS OpenSpace to be fully compliant with the Electronic Communications Act
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 108 4
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 136 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 315 6
- CGT history of shares 164 3
- CGT on sale of let property 93 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 149 2
- how do i get UTR 116 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 77 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 226 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 360 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 112 1
- Your comments please 296 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 176 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 109 2
- EIS 191 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 113 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 109 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 108 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 715 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 198 1
- Moving away from CCH software 964
- QROP pension input amounts 449
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 393
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 375
- fraud 298
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 273
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 242
- Construction CIS LLP Company 227
- EPS and CIS deductions 219
- Out of time or not? 202