Iris OpenSpace - anyone using it?
So I have been using Iris OpenSpace for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I am VERY impressed with it. My intention is to use it to approve all client documents going forwards and do away with hard copies (exception is abbreviated accounts until VT enable us to file direct to Co House - for now I find it easier to print out and get client to sign than use the pesky Co House online accounts filing process, but maybe that's just me!).
My question is can I use OpenSpace for all my client document approval needs? This would include the below.
- Engagement letters
- SA 100
- CT 600
- Statutory accounts
Or does anyone think I still need to have hardcopy approval for any of these?
The Iris OpenSpace FAQ's state the below:
Is electronic approval legally binding?
- Yes, we have developed e-Approval in IRIS OpenSpace to be fully compliant with the Electronic Communications Act
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 436 9
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,974 39
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,320 17
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,589 23
- VAT & capitalising 117 3
- Final year's accounts 144 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 258 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 290 5
- Errors in prior year accounts 823 21
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 308 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 234 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 134 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,972 36
- Invoice Help 246 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 177 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 249 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 236 3
- Sorry ignore me 907 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 588 5
- Free Shares ? 251 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 532
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 294
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 193
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 191
- Probiz 178
- Married woman dies owning marital home 168
- What's the market like for temps? 166