Iris OpenSpace - anyone using it?
So I have been using Iris OpenSpace for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I am VERY impressed with it. My intention is to use it to approve all client documents going forwards and do away with hard copies (exception is abbreviated accounts until VT enable us to file direct to Co House - for now I find it easier to print out and get client to sign than use the pesky Co House online accounts filing process, but maybe that's just me!).
My question is can I use OpenSpace for all my client document approval needs? This would include the below.
- Engagement letters
- SA 100
- CT 600
- Statutory accounts
Or does anyone think I still need to have hardcopy approval for any of these?
The Iris OpenSpace FAQ's state the below:
Is electronic approval legally binding?
- Yes, we have developed e-Approval in IRIS OpenSpace to be fully compliant with the Electronic Communications Act
- Best software for small practice? 343 12
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,179 19
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,239 12
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 149 3
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 135 4
- VAT and CT issues on splitting of business 281 6
- HMRC Statements 268 4
- Costly Accounting Software contract 437 2
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 237 3
- Company Number 10000000 622 5
- Goodwill on incorporation low level valuations 200 2
- Any update on 2016/17 employer NIC allowance and directors? 211 2
- Car benefit or not? 2,329 21
- Cloud-based email services? 581 11
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 479 6
- Class 1A NIC on motorbike fuel 160 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 685 10
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 441 7
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 547 12
- Land Registry 345 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 757
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 449
- Directors' advances and credits 304
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 267
- DTA tie-breaker issue 260
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 241
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 219
- CGT for NOn UK residents 211
- Apprenticeship Levy 190
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 185