Iris OpenSpace - anyone using it?
So I have been using Iris OpenSpace for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I am VERY impressed with it. My intention is to use it to approve all client documents going forwards and do away with hard copies (exception is abbreviated accounts until VT enable us to file direct to Co House - for now I find it easier to print out and get client to sign than use the pesky Co House online accounts filing process, but maybe that's just me!).
My question is can I use OpenSpace for all my client document approval needs? This would include the below.
- Engagement letters
- SA 100
- CT 600
- Statutory accounts
Or does anyone think I still need to have hardcopy approval for any of these?
The Iris OpenSpace FAQ's state the below:
Is electronic approval legally binding?
- Yes, we have developed e-Approval in IRIS OpenSpace to be fully compliant with the Electronic Communications Act
- You cannot be Serious!!! 132 1
- Top slicing relief question 206 2
- Valuation of PET on death 61 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 198 6
- Share swap 275 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 61 1
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 86 2
- Online filing 116 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 313 13
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 118 4
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,650 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 86 2
- Converting a barn for business use 72 1
- Was I rude 671 17
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 208 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 98 2
- Joint rental income 99 1
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 315 4
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 132 4
- Auto enrolment 378 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,473
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 802
- Any views 722
- International interest certificate 442
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 412
- Sale of business 382
- NOVA 278
- IRIS Open Books problem 275
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 193
- Expenses claim for non employee 181