Isle of Man & VAT registration - bit of a silly query but....
Any reason not to register an Isle of Man Holding Co for UK VAT? I can't think why not but something is holding me back. There will be no trading, save for registration and compliance costs. .?
In brief I have an IOM holding Co with two UK subsidiaries. The UK subs are fine for VAT registration and I am applying for VAT group status to make life easier, but I am not sure if i should register the holding Co aswell.
Am i missing something obvious or just stupid?
- Closing down loss-making company 591 10
- Incorporated company charity 87 1
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 260 5
- Website Content 356 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 237 7
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 423 5
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,083 19
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 394 2
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 607 11
- Tips on meals 380 3
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 233 2
- Stumped - IHT 439 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 561 12
- Transferring DLA between Directors 358 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 142 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 124 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 855 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,425 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 152 3
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 293 4