Issuing B shares
Two directors hold equity shares in unequal proportions.
They would like to take equal salary and equal dividends up to an agreed level then if surplus profits exist distribute a balance in accordance with their equity shares.
The suggestion is to issue B shares out of profits which will give them a right to share dividends equally.
Mems and Arts and resolutions can be taken care of but are there any tax pitfalls in this proposal?
Anyone with previous experience please?
- Share premium or Directors Loan 745 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 368 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,425 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 170 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 444 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 116 3
- What would you do in this situation? 174 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 141 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 614 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 642 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 94 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 346 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 248 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 220 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 401 6
- NOVA 558 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 278 10
- Regional Development Grant 126 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,443 21
- Company car without a salary 241 2
- Bonus Bonds 391
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 379
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 290
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 260
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 188
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 181
- Finance Lease 158
- Company Car Lease 156
- Form 42 149
- Demerger Reserve 132