Issuing B shares
Two directors hold equity shares in unequal proportions.
They would like to take equal salary and equal dividends up to an agreed level then if surplus profits exist distribute a balance in accordance with their equity shares.
The suggestion is to issue B shares out of profits which will give them a right to share dividends equally.
Mems and Arts and resolutions can be taken care of but are there any tax pitfalls in this proposal?
Anyone with previous experience please?
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 129 2
- Scams are not always obvious 719 20
- Restructuring company and Form 42 44 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 213 9
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 154 5
- Overseas company and VAT 29 1
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 136 2
- Personal allowance 435 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 468 12
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 150 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 156 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 104 3
- Related party disclosures 178 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 186 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 95 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 623 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 279 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 262 8
- Is this legal? 635 9
- Saying NO to a time wasters 2,005 23
- New Fangled Penalties 1,043
- Moving away from CCH software 906
- Recruitment agencies 530
- QROP pension input amounts 412
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 364
- Deemed Employment Payment 347
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 308
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 300
- fraud 225
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 222