Issuing B shares
Two directors hold equity shares in unequal proportions.
They would like to take equal salary and equal dividends up to an agreed level then if surplus profits exist distribute a balance in accordance with their equity shares.
The suggestion is to issue B shares out of profits which will give them a right to share dividends equally.
Mems and Arts and resolutions can be taken care of but are there any tax pitfalls in this proposal?
Anyone with previous experience please?
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 74 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,261 19
- Scanners 170 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 84 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 158 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 232 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 402 9
- Payment plans for clients 122 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 227 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 243 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 448 9
- P60 or payslips? 96 1
- Property income in different capacities 107 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 192 1
- IT advisory questions? 179 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 795 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 147 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 528 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,160
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 798
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 488
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 272
- Director phone costs 236
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 201
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 138