Issuing B shares
Two directors hold equity shares in unequal proportions.
They would like to take equal salary and equal dividends up to an agreed level then if surplus profits exist distribute a balance in accordance with their equity shares.
The suggestion is to issue B shares out of profits which will give them a right to share dividends equally.
Mems and Arts and resolutions can be taken care of but are there any tax pitfalls in this proposal?
Anyone with previous experience please?
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 475 19
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 56 3
- Any Need to Formally "Sack" Client Company? 422 5
- Growing pains 112 1
- Residents Association Corp Tax 83 2
- Gift to employee 105 2
- Who can I refer leads to? 354 8
- Cash accounting to flat rate scheme 98 4
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 100 1
- new capital structure ltd with investors 305 5
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 127 2
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 265 4
- Directors/owners taking too much cash... 1,855 17
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 290 8
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 403 12
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 166 4
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 722 9
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 137 2
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 302 8
- SA tax assessments 219 3
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 435
- CTA study material 392
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 291
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 252
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 229
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 219
- Slight twist on employment related securities 199
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 157
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 145