Issuing B shares
Two directors hold equity shares in unequal proportions.
They would like to take equal salary and equal dividends up to an agreed level then if surplus profits exist distribute a balance in accordance with their equity shares.
The suggestion is to issue B shares out of profits which will give them a right to share dividends equally.
Mems and Arts and resolutions can be taken care of but are there any tax pitfalls in this proposal?
Anyone with previous experience please?
- Payment on account penalties 140 4
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 557 8
- How much did you pay for your website 1,699 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 70 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 30 1
- Does IR35 apply? 93 1
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 111 1
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 105 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 294 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,036 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 269 7
- Sage data 109 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 424 9
- Limited company buying a car 365 6
- Funding Circle experience 164 3
- Excel query 131 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,303 13
- Tax on free shares 156 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 211 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 132 1
- CTA study material 809
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 499
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 462
- Employment related securities question 326
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 285
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 240
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162