Issuing B shares
Two directors hold equity shares in unequal proportions.
They would like to take equal salary and equal dividends up to an agreed level then if surplus profits exist distribute a balance in accordance with their equity shares.
The suggestion is to issue B shares out of profits which will give them a right to share dividends equally.
Mems and Arts and resolutions can be taken care of but are there any tax pitfalls in this proposal?
Anyone with previous experience please?
- How does one compete? 695 9
- Great Service 1,262 17
- Keytime 331 4
- Deadline for appeal against late filing 143 2
- About your hairdresser clients 535 21
- Pool vehicle with age restriction 111 2
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,597 29
- Income for self employed associate dentist? 138 1
- Redundancy for husband and wife ltd co 146 2
- Transferring Shares From Manx Co to Cayman Island Co 146 3
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 767 13
- Trust setting on HMRC CT600 136 4
- Employee tears suit... 263 3
- PAYE & NIC 773 35
- Related party not trading -should debt be written off ? 101 1
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 496 16
- £NIL EPS's wiping out CIS deductions 291 4
- When was the requirement for Ltd. company to have at least two shareholders abolished? 249 5
- HMRC's "HVA" list .... High Volume Agents 748 9
- Sports Club and Partial Exemption for VAT 196 1
- Sanzar 534
- Digital marketing focus group 417
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 387
- Sainsbury's mangement 382
- Continuity Agreement 357
- Avanti Accounts 356
- Buyback 309
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 257
- Aggresive sales from Iris 254
- Charity volunteers and mileage 218