Issuing B shares
Two directors hold equity shares in unequal proportions.
They would like to take equal salary and equal dividends up to an agreed level then if surplus profits exist distribute a balance in accordance with their equity shares.
The suggestion is to issue B shares out of profits which will give them a right to share dividends equally.
Mems and Arts and resolutions can be taken care of but are there any tax pitfalls in this proposal?
Anyone with previous experience please?
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 343 11
- Filed CT600 using Taxcalc 24 1
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,749 71
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 151 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 617 11
- Which software for practice books? 527 20
- Related Parties Note 605 10
- Dazed & confused 343 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 106 2
- Goerge fixes PAs for long period 132 2
- Are HMRC getting it right? 302 7
- trading or dormant 239 6
- Is Hold over relief available? 187 6
- Payroll Liabilities 103 2
- SAGE con 292 6
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 132 4
- Charity reserves 232 5
- Part-time work - advice please? 134 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,672 18
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 323 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,043
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 563
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 370
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 280
- Charge out rates in London? 221
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 217
- Personal consumption by landlord 190
- Interest on Loan to a Company 178
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 154
- Agent fees to sell business 149