Issuing B shares
Two directors hold equity shares in unequal proportions.
They would like to take equal salary and equal dividends up to an agreed level then if surplus profits exist distribute a balance in accordance with their equity shares.
The suggestion is to issue B shares out of profits which will give them a right to share dividends equally.
Mems and Arts and resolutions can be taken care of but are there any tax pitfalls in this proposal?
Anyone with previous experience please?
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 103 4
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 167 4
- Accounting for a VAT Group 44 1
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 508 2
- Research expenses for authors 186 3
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 67 2
- Late VAT registration penalty 107 3
- HMRC website 90 1
- VAT 59 1
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 370 18
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 115 1
- Pricing 226 8
- Sage error message 60 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 211 8
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 220 3
- Auto-Enrolment 3,182 158
- Money laundering POCA 224 4
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 113 1
- P11d mistake 131 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 199 2
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 502
- Skandia using wrong address 450
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 242
- Employee rewards 238
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 209
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 187
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 183
- Etax Australian 153