Is it a conflict of interest to allow civil servants to collect taxes?
Civil servants have an incentive to increase central and local government taxes to save their own skins i.e.rendundancies/pay rises.
What do the 4M poblic sector workers do who are not in front line services?
Would we acually miss whole departments being closed?
Should we have an independent body which assesses the work/value of public sector departments?
- Deferral relief 28 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 971 14
- Wear and tear allowance 340 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 36 1
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 607 25
- HMRC Enquiry 454 3
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 186 2
- Share swap 83 1
- Cashback 311 2
- another ir35!!!! 184 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 243 1
- Settlement, or any other issues? 78 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 91 3
- Buying blocks of fees 364 2
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 270 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 169 2
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 260 1
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 179 1
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 681 24
- Husband and Wife Holiday letting profit split 152 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,424
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 737
- Any views 672
- HMRC Employers Diary 501
- International interest certificate 414
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 376
- Sale of business 327
- NOVA 237
- Advertising services? 231
- IRIS Open Books problem 220