Is it a conflict of interest to allow civil servants to collect taxes?
Civil servants have an incentive to increase central and local government taxes to save their own skins i.e.rendundancies/pay rises.
What do the 4M poblic sector workers do who are not in front line services?
Would we acually miss whole departments being closed?
Should we have an independent body which assesses the work/value of public sector departments?
- What is the best way to buy commercial property these days 151 4
- Tax Point as opposed to VAT point 118 2
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,074 13
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 73 1
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,877 30
- Friday Question 332 6
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,021 6
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 121 2
- Outside the scope VAT box 6 205 7
- Swimming Pool Income 309 4
- Coming off flat rate VAT 291 2
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 474 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,932 44
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 262 6
- Support / ticketing software 387 12
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 648 8
- Company Number 10000000 1,198 15
- Tax code notices 179 1
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 677 15
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 312 6
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 482
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 293
- DTA tie-breaker issue 288
- CGT for NOn UK residents 254
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 233
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 226
- Apprenticeship Levy 224
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 223
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 214
- Just checking re PSA 207