Is it just me or......??
Is it just me or do other people get fobbed off with any old number when you ring HMRC? I have just telephoned HMRC contact number on clients VAT registration notification to try and change the VAT stagger period. The very helpful person at HMRC advised me I needed to contact another (VAT) department and he gave me the direct telephone number. I duly rang the number and found that the number I had been given was for the HMRC Business Payment Support line. Grrreat! Am I missing something - is today some sort of April Fools that I have not heard about? It is hard enough to find the right person to speak to at HMRC without being sent on wild goose chases. Can anyone help with the correct telephone number I need to ring to change my client's VAT stagger period please?
Many thanks from the bottom of my totally exasperated heart.
- Business lending another business money (UK) 39 1
- What are my legal responsibilities 237 11
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 318 4
- No more tax returns... 1,510 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 405 6
- Signed accounts for bank 240 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 466 10
- Landing clients 380 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,137 22
- Termination Payment 169 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 181 3
- CRM / marketing 97 2
- Allocation of income from property 749 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,865 28
- Opening a Quick books file 108 1
- 64-8 problems 510 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 345 10
- Payment on account reminders 234 3
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 105 3
- Hello 516 4