Is it just me or......??
Is it just me or do other people get fobbed off with any old number when you ring HMRC? I have just telephoned HMRC contact number on clients VAT registration notification to try and change the VAT stagger period. The very helpful person at HMRC advised me I needed to contact another (VAT) department and he gave me the direct telephone number. I duly rang the number and found that the number I had been given was for the HMRC Business Payment Support line. Grrreat! Am I missing something - is today some sort of April Fools that I have not heard about? It is hard enough to find the right person to speak to at HMRC without being sent on wild goose chases. Can anyone help with the correct telephone number I need to ring to change my client's VAT stagger period please?
Many thanks from the bottom of my totally exasperated heart.
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,118 85
- Where can I get the information for this 372 7
- BrightPay 368 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 207 3
- CGT &LLP 81 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 544 4
- Setting up an offshore company 111 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 185 16
- Secure document exchange 137 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 162 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 393 7
- break even point 178 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 115 3
- Fax to email providers 327 11
- Payroll software 255 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 144 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 143 4
- How to issue shares to investors 99 1
- Expense management software 632 12
- Tax code 162 1