Is it just me or......??
Is it just me or do other people get fobbed off with any old number when you ring HMRC? I have just telephoned HMRC contact number on clients VAT registration notification to try and change the VAT stagger period. The very helpful person at HMRC advised me I needed to contact another (VAT) department and he gave me the direct telephone number. I duly rang the number and found that the number I had been given was for the HMRC Business Payment Support line. Grrreat! Am I missing something - is today some sort of April Fools that I have not heard about? It is hard enough to find the right person to speak to at HMRC without being sent on wild goose chases. Can anyone help with the correct telephone number I need to ring to change my client's VAT stagger period please?
Many thanks from the bottom of my totally exasperated heart.
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,663 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 284 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 67 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 209 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 813 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 99 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 116 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 494 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 368 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 496 20
- trading losses allowable? 760 14
- Post AAT? 690 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 144 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2