Is it possible for agent and company to both download tax codes?
I have just been given a payroll for a group of employees in a company, using Sage payroll. The rest of the employees are being processed by the company, also on Sage.
Therefore we both have the same company reference numbers (and at year end I will merge the 2 payrolls).
I have registered just to file online and not as the company's payroll agent, as I had assumed only one of us could get the download from HMRC of tax code changes.
I have no idea who to speak to at HMRC about this.
Is it possible for 2 of us to download the same tax codes without affecting the other's ability to do so? (I would register as the agent and the company would use its own reference.)
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 66 2
- Overlap profit 276 6
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 281 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,040 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 75 1
- Payments on account 134 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 32 1
- What do your junior staff do? 485 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 593 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 366 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 509 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 112 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,903 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 303 3
- On the high seas 96 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 133 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 853 34
- Payroll question 140 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,916 106
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 236 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 845
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 442
- Sanzar 337
- How do you do it 332
- Digital marketing focus group 310
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 289
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 204
- Fit for purpose 199
- new investor structure 195
- VAT Registration 178